Why Is Everybody Is Obsessed With My Non - Existent Love Life

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Crumpet, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

Friends keep trying to hook me up with one guy or another... but I don't know whether I'm straight, gay or bi... does that make me wierd? Well I don't know if I'm ready to date and I've told people that I don't like anyone... but they shove more boys under my nose. How do I tell them to back off without making them whinge more about my life?

2. Pistol Schoolboy Gummi Ship Junkie

Hmmm ... it seems that it would be a good idea to at least ignore some of those boys.

I mean, it's harsh and all, but here's the thing. You can deal out with it rather nicely, yet some people may confuse it as harsh.

You can just turn around to the boys and say something relative to just "Hey, I'm not really ready to date, etc, etc."

Keep it to, like, two sentences, prove your point, and no real worries. It prevents agitation, and these boys will at least not try to pick on your life. Just try not to sound mean or anything, unless you get really agitated and, yeah.

Haha, I'm sorry if I'm not helping. It's how I deal with girls that ask me out. I still create friends with them, while telling him I'm already happily taken.​

3. Repliku Chaser

Friends mean well but sometimes they overstep their boundaries. It's just how it goes sometimes. The best thing to do is just to tell the boys they toss your way that your friends are trying to hook you up but you just don't feel ready to date right now and that you'll be friends but nothing more. If you are straight with the guys, they will get it and most won't mind that since they too know how their friends can be. I hope things get easier for you.

Also, you might just have to put your foot down if your friends keep doing it and it gets old, telling them that right now you are busy and don't really want to date.

4. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

its' actually my friends who are bugging me to date.. they're practically finding guys off the street to date me. Wow I must be low haha

5. Pistol Schoolboy Gummi Ship Junkie

Are you kidding me?

You aren't low. Your friends are low. That's pretty stupid to just pick up random guys to meet and date you of a frickin' street. That's just completely messed up.

Just take some action, no matter if they are your friends. But somehow, it seems like they aren't your friends if they do that to you. It's pretty low of them to do something like that. It's like they think you need it, when I'm sure, after just talking with you on a forum once, that you don't really need boy.

You seem perfectly fine being with just friends. <3​

6. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

If you're just not ready for a date then you need to let your friends know in a nice way. If they are your friends then they sould hear you out and respect the bounderies you have placed on yourself. Sometimes people can get out of hand when they mean to help. It's alright to give them a little reminder when you feel you are being intruded upon.

7. keybladeofdarkness4 Twilight Town Denizen

your probably too hawt so they think that boys wont reveal their true feelings, so they just pair random guys with you.that happens alot.

8. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Of course your not wierd.Just tell them that you've been thinking about someone and not tell them who it is.That way they'll stop trying so hard and they won't know the non existent person so they won't go asking for you.Your a teen with horomones.I have an Almost existent love life.I grew the guts to ask a friend if this girl would meet me.

9. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

I think a persons love life is their own. I wouldn't do that to my friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.