Kingdom Hearts II Why did [B]HE[/B] choose you?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by hyhae, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyhae Traverse Town Homebody

When Sora battles with Roxas at TWTNW he asks Why did HE choose you? . What do you think HE was? I personally Dont think Roxas was talking about the keyblade bec. he should have said It I think he meant something that was never said in KH2 maybe something that will be revealed in another KH game(maybe 285 days)

2. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

Last time I asked the same question, people said it was DiZ/Ansem. But now, I'm not sure anymore. Believe me on that, it's better to not understand it just yet until people have their facts straightened out, and not start naming people off the top of their head for the answer. So quite frankly, not all people know yet.

3. Sora March Twilight Town Denizen

Diz/ Ansem the Wise.

Roxas wanted to know what difference there was between him and Sora.

4. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

See, this is what I was just talking about....Look, he may have said it, but lets face it, Roxas even didn't want to do his little experiments.

5. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I think i know why he said this and i know who he was talking about.He looked at the kingdom key.He knew that it had to have come from terra.I think that once roxas went back into sora he gained vens memories and knew that riku was destined for that keyblade and sora was destined for his but riku turned to darkness which meant that the kingdom key disobeyed it's last master and went to sora and riku soon got vens, road to dawn. this is why he say's "why did he pick you" he was wondering how sora got terra's keyblade instead of his then he saw sora fight then he knew that sora was picked for a reason only known to roxas because he says "I see thats why".

Get it?

6. EvilMan_89 Code Master

nah, i dont' think so, i don't think Terra was even thought of when the game was originally created (except that brief showing in the original secret ending).

i think he was referring to DiZ when Diz said "i only need someone who can move around in the realm of light".

7. Shuhbooty moon child

Agreed.
    It makes more sense, when you think about the rest of the dialog./:

8. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

Well, true, but didn't Roxas also say that he didn't need to be a part of Sora in the beginning of KH2? As he said "My heart belongs to me!" I thought a Nobody didn't have a heart...odd....

9. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

I think he was talking about why Axel chose to save Sora and not him. And then when he was up in the air, he understood that it was because Sora was a "somebody," and he had a reason to live.

10. Finale Wannabe Nobody

i thought it was Xemnas O.o

like when he wanted to use someone to kill heartless, why did he choose sora to kill them?

11. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

This, is what I was just saying, that Roxas left an open void in the mix of it all, making it difficult to undestand who wanted to choose Sora.

12. Azure Flame Banned

I always thought it was Riku, since they were talking about him. And when Roxas was in the air he saw Riku there on the foor.

Roxas: I defeated a Riku once.
    Sora: You what?
    Roxas: Tell me, tell me why he picked you!

13. Scott Pilgrim Banned

He is the Keyblade. No one else picked Sora for anything. The reason the Keyblade chose him was because he has a strong light, his friends.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I agree, (except that Sora was picked for other stuff lol)
    but since Sora is the rightful owner of the Keyblade (after Riku) maybe the Keyblade has some kind of consceince only the Key Bearer can sense (after all IT chooses the WEILDER not the other way around)? And Since Roxas is the Key Bearer's Nobody he can sense it too.
    So Maybe to Sora and Roxas the Keyblade is like a person and Roxas is mad it chose Sora over him to exist?
    but that seems a lil off, i think we would have heard Sora mention the keyblade's consceince in some way like saying somethin like "when i fight, it's like...someone's fighting with me"

How could you tell what he was looking at unless you were looking thru his eyes, plus he had his hood up

The kingdom key's last master is Terra?
    Terra's keyblade had no keychain and looked Nothing like the Kingdom Key. The only way this could explain anything is if what you just said was FACTS not a theory.

Wasn't this back in Twilight Town? MAybe Roxas didn't have his full memories yet and didn't know he was a nobody. Which means he would have BELIEVED he had a heart (check my Xemnas is Terra theory)

15. It's simple: it was a mistranslation.

In the Japanese version, Roxas asks clearly "Why did it pick you?", not "he"; "it". So really, is not even a point of discussion, and is no real mystery.

16. Dredica SNES was the best.

Roxas was in the air when he said that, so he had a veiw of everything, including that platform they were fighting on (don't remember the word for it), so he saw Riku and Kairi, and Sora with the Kingdom Key, maybe something that he saw made him understand and say, "Oh, that's why." I'm just guessing.

17. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

I always hought they were talking about DiZ...

18. Forever Love Life Without Limits

When I heard that line the first time I was confused because I had no idea who Roxas was talking about. But after playing it again and finally understanding a few more things I didn't before, I thought he was talking about the Keyblade or DiZ. I'm starting to think "he" is the Keyblade though, especially by what the Japanese translation says.

And when Roxas says, "Oh, I see. That's why." I thought that when he noticed Sora's friends and relationships that he finally understood.

19. DaDarkDude Destiny Islands Resident

I never really took it a second thought in the game, but, I would either say Roxas was refering to:

1- Diz/ATW
    2- Xemnas.

Perhaps more the second, as to why Xemnas chose Sore to go and kill the heartless, and go around killing them. However, I wouldn't really be surprised if that's wrong, it just came out the top of my head now.

20. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Nah, cuz he was fightin with a keyblade too....I think Roxas meant Xemnas maybe, or some other big bad guy who wanted to manipulate people. Then when he saw Sora standing on the floor next to the pictures of his friends, he realized that Sora had more...i dont know.. support? help? Sora's friends had something to do with it. Peronally, I woulda picked Roxas, he's not as naive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.