What do you belive in, Creationism or Evolution?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Fracture, Mar 19, 2009.

?

Which one?

Poll closed Apr 28, 2009.
  1. Creationism

23.1%
  2. Evolution

61.5%
  3. Neutral

15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

There is a lot of contraversy over how humans and animals and all thingsin the universe came into existance....Now i want to know what you belive in...

CREATIONISM: is the religious belief that humanity, life, the Earth, and the universe were created in their original form by a deity or a God.

EVOLUTION: is change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms from one generation to the next. These changes are caused by a combination of three main processes: variation, reproduction, and selection.

Now i want to know which one is more real to you...

Discuss......

2. Daydreamer

I believe in evolution.
    There is simply no evidence for creationism.
    As for evolution, we see it happening all around us. Babies inheriting traits of its mom and dad, breeding wolves into dogs, the fact chickens can't fly, etc.

3. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

I agree, evolution is a fact that we can prove just by looking at the everyday world....it is a truth that has real factors, and creationism just can't be know, real or not.... The only people that don't think that evolution is correct or real are the people that have a bible either with them or near them all day...(no offense to anyone) but that is how I view mankinds movements forward...

4. Styx That's me inside your head.

Please be a sarcastic post. Please.

I believe in evolution myself because the arguments backing it up actually make sense to the sane mind, in opposition to creationism who solely rely on "God did it".

5. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

There is Enough truth in the world to belive in evolution and other feats of science to be real... So I agree with myself, why choose faith, rather than hard proof...

6. Cyanide King's Apprentice

I believe in evolution.

All Creationism has to try and justify itself are arguments based on pure subjectivities that prove nothing. Also, before anyone brings it up Intelligent Design IS creationism, in essentials.

7. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

Evolution. Which was started by God.

8. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

wow...thats a real neutral way of looking at it, but personally, i would rather look at it through the scientific, hard proof, than belive in something hat no one can proove...

9. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I personally believe in evolution because there is much evidence to support it and it makes sense.Saying that the boogey man(god) made the earth is nothing short believing in something like man is extinct in my opinion.

10. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

I kinda believe in both.I'm a cristian so yeah.But evolution makes sense too.I"m not too sure.

11. Always Dance Chaser

I choose to believe in creationism, despite the lack of proof, but neither of the theories can be solidly proven unless through recorded history. Evolution is kind of...empty. Evolutionists tell you what happens but not why. I also don't understand this whole "missing links" thing. I thought that when a species evolves, the original one dies,not the new one. So if theres's a missing link between chimps and humans, how come they died? Maybe i just haven't looked into it enough, but i plan to. I do admit though, that when it comes to this kind of thing, I do not have an open mind. No amount of proof is going to make me doubt creationism.

12. Cyanide King's Apprentice

It's not *meant* to tell you why, at least not in the sense you're implying. It's meant to be descriptive, just like the rest of science. It's not their job to answer that question.

13. jafar custom title

Actually, it is. We just don't have all the answers yet to answer the all too common question "Why?" All we can do is try to find out and with some luck, we'll find out.

14. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

There's actually known answers to "why" we are evolving. It's very simple. When a new trait is acquired by an individual, if that trait is good for him, it will give him better chances of survival... therefore, better chances of transmitting its genes. In the end, after millions of years, those who have been born with special talents are those who are present, because those withotu the talents are "left behind".

The common misconception that I see when people talk about evolution is that it happens magically. For example, many people see evolution as "if we live for a million years on an island, isolated, we'll eventually grow wings to escape". This is false. Wings would make life easier, but being born with wings is as unlikely as being born with horns, say.
    However, IF a child is born with wings (which is as likely for people wanting them and people hating them), then it's likely that everyone will have them eventually. The winged individual, being superior, will be able to escape the island, go eat on another island, have desecndants, etc etc... and if his descendance also has wings, they will get the benefits too, until everyone has wings.

So, to sum this up, WHY are we evolving? Because of random occurence. Be it random, the birth of an individual with new, superior strengths, can be the announcement of evolution in Humanity.

Whoops, got a little carried away here. So yeah, I voted Evolution. I can visualize this concept, whereas no matter how hard I try, I can't justify the existence of a all-powerful deity.

15. T3F Chaser

That's hard. But I will go with creationism

^ of course that's a direct quote from my religion booklet. But it makes sense and I stick with it.

^This is also very true

16. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

That is the answer that all people who belive in Evolution will agree to, but for those who don't....Go...pick up the book...called "THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES" by charles darwin....i shows all the years that he spent finding ou the reasons behind his thinking and one of the most important concepts that we know...

17. Styx That's me inside your head.

Then you thought wrong, didn't you? Because it's theoretically perfectly possible for two links of the same chain to co-exist.
    Also, who says that humans evolved directly from chimps? For all we know, chimps could have taken another evolutionary path from a common ancestor, which would explain why they can walk the same earth at the same time.

It only makes sense to those who know absolutely jack shit about evolution.

Evolution never says that one species cannot become another. On the contrary, it acknowledges that isolation of certain populations of the same species can evolve into another.
    Given that mutated genes get the chance to spread out in a population and accumulate, an organism will eventually evolve into another and be unable to produce fertile offspring when trying to mate with its original form.

This altering of the gene pool doesn't happen from one generation to another. Thinking that would be quite...******ed.

18. Cyanide King's Apprentice

That's what I always understood to have happened. We didn't evolve from the primates of today, we all evolved from a common ancestor. They're all just as modern as us.

19. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm kinda the same way. I do not have an open mind. And despite lack of proof, creationism is what I believe happened. I'm a Christian, so I believe God created everything.

20. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

To be honest actually, I believe, that if God really did create the animals and the earth, there wouldnt be such a thing as natural selection (even though it does occur) It would mean that he screwed up. Why bother creating the creature if it would have eventually died out anyway due to the fact that it couldnt cope with the ever changing environment?

Examples: Sabretoothed Tigers and Mammoths. Two animals completely gone from existence. They died before the excuse "Humans ruined the earth therefore certain animals are extinct" came. They were around during the time of cavemen (supposedly), during the ice age. Why would God have bothered creating them if they would have just died out like that?

Well...hope I'm making sense here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.