What are you planning to read?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by What?, Sep 2, 2009.

1. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Knowing how summer is essentially over it would have made more sense to create this thread as something asking what you would read over the summer, but I suppose I can make exceptions.

Anyhow, what are you planning to read, KH-Vids? Post anything of any sort of literature caliber, i.e. anything from a book to a graphic novel or even manga.

As for myself, I'm planning to pick up The Great Gatsby if my bookstores decide to restock the copies again.

2. Sora March Twilight Town Denizen

Maybe Romeo and Juliet for English 9 Honors.

But so far, nothing for once in my school history.

3. krayzie Ruthless Villain

ugh i have to read this book called "the rule of 4" or something like that
    its a book about two guys obsessed with a book lol
    no lie

4. Juicy Chaser

The Time Traveller's Wife. The movie looks extremely cheesy but my sister bought the book two weeks ago and said it was amazing so I'm going to start reading it sometime in the next few weeks.

Oh, and I may read my Dad's history book, "Vikings!". Yeah... don't ask, I enjoy that sort of thing. History ftw ;_;

5. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I keep being told that Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is a good read but haven't really been motivated to go pick it up yet. I ought to, but I don't know when I'll find the time.

6. Ah eff. Traverse Town Homebody

I've been meaning to read A House for Mr. Biswas but I can't find the time.

What? it stuns me that you're twelve. I have The Great Gatsby on my bookshelf downstairs. The 1974 film is okay.

7. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

I plan sometime to read A Clockwork Orange, Lolita, and Emma

8. CrazyKhFan Merlin's Housekeeper

The Fall of Hyperion, World war II - Hiroshima & Nagasaki & Blade of fire

9. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

A few books about Finnish economy & the law system for school, and for fun I think I'll read Brisingr... I never read it properly, just skimmed through it >.<

10. Shadow55551 Destiny Islands Resident

I really have no plans as to what I am going to read. I just look at books and then read them if I like it. The only real book I have planned is city of Glass and the prequel City of Ashes.

11. The Fuk? Dead

It's a great book, I read it myself for Englsih class last year.

As for me, I know I have to read Hamlet for English class, but I'm still looking to find a new book relating to Greek Mythology.

12. PurpleDiamond Merlin's Housekeeper

I plan on reading the whole series of "The Wheel of Time" since I started the first book so I might as well read the other nine of them ^^.. (They're such a great read).. And it will give me something to do for a while on those cold winter nights >.>

After that series I plan on purchasing "Lord Sunday" and re-reading the entire "Keys to the Kingdom" series because I must know how it ends; the final book is coming out in late January.. Go Garth Nix x3

For school purposes, I'm going to be readin Shakespeares fine works and getting back into my old English mood.. I simply love the vocabulary he uses :3.. For my history course I'll also be reading up on Egypt, Greek, and Roman civilization and mythology <-- Can't wait for this >.>.. Right now we're currently doing Mesopotamia, but we're nearly done the unit =3

13. bobo.the.nut Traverse Town Homebody

House of the Scorpion's been sitting on my shelf for years. I'm finally going to break down and read it - conveniently enough I can use it for an English assignment.
    Otherwise, the rest of the books in the Dune series, A Clockwork Orange, Farenheit 451, and I'll probably re-read the Lord of the Rings trilogy or some of the other Tolkien stories. I have always wanted to read the Great Gatsby, though; maybe I'll join you in that.
    Manga-wise, I want to get through a few more volumes of Code Geass and finish Chrno Crusade.

14. Absol Hollow Bastion Committee

Under the Dome when it comes out, as well as every other Stephen King book I've yet to read.

Probably also all the old, classic **** I can find once I'm at the library. ::L:

15. The Fuk? Dead

A book on Ancient Greece I picked recently.

16. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Ah yes, my old thread.

Deciding between Orwell's Animal Farm or something by Steinbeck. Probably the former.

17. Mvalentine King's Apprentice

whatever manga catches my ewye on saturday...till then ill keep rereading nabari no ou

18. The Fuk? Dead

This would be a great choice. Very good book. It was a somewhat lower level of reading but the historical references were well done.