Weird temple... O_o

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Heaven's Angel, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

Okay, so I heard something on the news one day and it said something about a bed inside a temple... so I went to do more research on it, and this is what I found...

http://www.newser.com/story/24027.html

This is just wrong... What kind of a person would do something like this?! I mean, 416 girls... that's insane...

What are your thoughts on this?

2. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

That is just sick, how could they do something like that to so many girls?

3. Rosey Chaser

All I really have to say is holy ****, thats ****ed up ._.

4. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

It's a polygamist ranch, wtf do you expect guys?

5. Destined Working for WDW

It's disgusting, what went on down there and the sad thing is that all of the male children who grew up in that environment think that there is nothing wrong with polygamy and sadly, could become polygamists later in life.

I know a few people who are 'lost boys', or children who were polygamists but they escaped from down south in Utah. It's a screwed up lifestyle and way of thinking. Plus everytime an incident involving polygamy surfaces, Utah gets glared at by the nation because the FLDS is a sect of the LDS chruch, but the church does not recognize it at all for good reasons.

6. Princess Snow White I feel such an isomniac.

That just messed up.
    Sagatory rape times 416.
    I hope they closed that h*llhole down.

7. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm glad that the other Latter-Day Saints deny this twisted sect. The other Mormons gave up polygamy; I don't understand why this church didn't do the same.

8. Destined Working for WDW

I don't know, it's kind of like how following the Civil War slavery was supposed to be outlawed, yet some Southern plantations still did it because it was their life. I'm glad that Texas did raid the compound, but I'm more worried about those kids. They've been brought up to believe a different way, and it's not something that they'll just forget nor give up willingly.

9. Repliku Chaser

Polygamy really is such a lame thing. It really shows a lack of respect to women and also young boys that are raised in that environment and booted out as teens so that they cannot have sex themselves with the girls that the older men in these communities want. It's a proclamation of male dominance where a few or one get to be kings and they will kick out their own sons to avoid competition of passing on the proverbial seed and also subject any girls to whatever they want. Also, these people raised under such things are generally under educated and have such a bad time reinserting themselves into normal society because they will be so far behind in education and just commonsense. This is an ongoing problem with this particular Mormon sect and just rotten.

10. Xephos Neko, gamer, animelover, and artist :3 *purrs*

WEll in the old times, kings or emperors would have many wives and would sleep with each other multiple times. I even heard during pilgrim times, boys would impregnate 13-16 year old girls at young age cause at that time the law allowed that.

11. Repliku Chaser

Yes in old times with wealth having many women to have sex with and possibly breed with was a status sign of power. This Mormon sect though, there have been quite a few of these polygamy rings broken up in the western states. These people aren't the same and it's all about ego but they don't lead anything but those naive young girls they draw out there, desperate people, and also under educated people because no one else would fall for this.

In the end, I can't say I 'absolutely' have something against 'polygamy' itself if people want to do it. I don't 'like' it but if no one is being harmed, I don't feel I have so much a say. However, when things like this happen, I stand firmly against it. These men who do this and women who let it go on are just very wrong and yet the women are tricked because they believe getting out of that life would be sinning because a religion is involved. It's a very vicious cycle.

12. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

Yes, but people are being harmed... These girls are. The one who called in to the police was a 16 year old girl, and she called saying that her 50 year old "husband" had beat and raped her... I think that doing these types of things is wrong, and I feel for these girls. Nobody should have to get treated like this, religion or not.

13. Repliku Chaser

I did not say they weren't...so there was no reason to accentuate the point.

I am very against these cult polygamist groups. These girls are in need of trouble and I hope they did find the 16 year old who actually called for help.

14. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

That's terrible. I could hardly believe the article...

15. Destined Working for WDW

The thing that really threw me over the edge was when a few men were interviewed for the Today Show or whatever and told them that they just want their kids back and that their life was happy before the government intervened.

The FLDS church doesn't have the same mindset we are used to. The leader basically becomes the ruler over each sect and what he says is law. If he says it's ok, then they feel nothing wrong with their actions.

The sad part about all this DNA testing, is they believe that some sect members may have fled to Mexico before the raid.

16. Aura Goddess

This was in the news like a week ago I think.They were saying if should the woman that had children,if they should get their children back.Because they took them away.

Anyways this is disgusting.416 children,thats not right.I just feel sorry for all the girls that went through this.

17. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

o god...that's so sick. It's a gd thing authorities took care of this.

18. myoblivion King's Apprentice

WHat the...Thats so messed up.
    Who..Why...Uh. *Shutter*
    Thats just so messed up ._.

19. Enigmatic Boy Twilight Town Denizen

Thats...terrible news. Thats just disgusting. In a religious place as well...urgh. At least the police and stuff did things about it.

20. Destined Working for WDW

I don't know if many of you are still following this but it's on the news constantly here.
    Apparently, the woman that called it in....wasn't one of the wives or daughters. It was just some woman that wanted fifteen minutes of fame. It's sad to what length's people will go to to make their name on TV.

I'm not saying that this was a bad thing, but now that the Defense team heard this, they are thinking of getting everything thrown out because Texas officials followed a false lead...

EDIT:

I'm glad someone was able to step in and try and help these people. Thanks Kitty didn't want to sound too hateful :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.