Birth by Sleep Vanitas Theory

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Ø Riku, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

I don't have much proof to give to support this theory, but I think I know who Vanitas may be.

I think that either he is a Terra replica, or maybe even Terra himself.

Vanitas' eyes are golden, right? He has dark eyelashes, too. Consider that Terra's got dark brown hair and his eyes turned golden in the secret ending of KH2FM.

What do you think of this theory?

2. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

i think u have something going there but i need more proof. there will probably be more about it in January :)

3. TheCrownedRoxas Twilight Town Denizen

On my opinion, I think Vanitas is like a Riku Replika. I think Xehanort is just using someone randon and putting him by his side, kinda like he did with Riku. Gave him a fancy suit, gave him dark powers, and gave him a evil keyblade.

4. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

It can't be a Riku Replica. Riku's only 5 around this time. How could a full-grown clone be born like that? But if you just mean the general idea of Vanitas being a replica, I agree with you.

5. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

A recent scan revealed his mask slightly peeling off. Only a small portion near one of his eyes was shown from his real face. Look in the "News and Updates" section. The scan's in here.

6. AxelRikkuconnection Twilight Town Denizen

i think hes vens replica. xehanort wanted vens heart for i am guessing vanitas to give him the power ven has. i don't wann go too in depth but i have been looking into this

7. Mike Chaser

Exactly. That's what I was thinking.

8. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

eh...just because two characters have the same color eyes and eyelashes doesnt mean they are the same person. Not to mention, have we ever seen Vanitas' eyelashes before? He always seems to have his mask on...

Personally I think Vanitas is young xehanort, since his keyblade has similar qualities to Ansem's souleater.

9. NarutoSuperKubii Chaser

But have you ntoiced the things infront of him?

It could very well be Ven's eye reflection from Vanitas' helmet.

10. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

Xehanort does want Ven's heart, but he also seems to take an interest in Terra. And so does Vanitas. Remember his quote:
    I didn't say they were the same person, it's just a theory. I just believe he's a Terra replica.

Also, his mask won't always be on. In the most recent trailer, he took his mask off (but his face was off-screen). Nomura also said his identity will be revealed at the end of BBS.

I'm not talking about the mask, I'm talking about the small, small portion of an eye shown behind the mask.

11. AxelRikkuconnection Twilight Town Denizen

vanitas may be interested because he is the enemy of tav. he probably is interested in all three but he said in trailers that he would have to make ven stronger and everything i have seen points to a deeper connection between ven and van. they just seem to connect in almost every way. if your a person that looks at reflection and the person itself ven is close to van, they look nearly the same height.

the only thing i see as proof for your theory is the golden eye and that quote you said. you could be right but we only have a few days till the game so we shall see then.
    EDIT: and i guess u don't have the picture even because though it shows his eyes as golden... his hair is black. terras hair is brown. so if your basing some of your decision on looks its not terra. i have a feelign hed look different but i am making my decision by depth of character. heres hoping im right.

12. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

It could be anyone. Most likely a mirror image of one of the characters. The hints though seem to give something away. Can't quite put a finger on it yet. Just theories...

13. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

Alright, so we were all wrong. It turns out Vanitas is an Unversed created from Ven's darkness. His appearance was also mislead. He's just a KH2 Sora clone with black hair and golden eyes.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Actually, KH2 Sora's a Vanitas clone with brown hair and blue eyes.
    Technicality ftw.

15. key dragon One with the keyblade

Hope Sora doesn't become something like Vanitas. That would be scary.