Twilight Series [General Discussion Thread]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Garxena, Jul 13, 2008.

?

Favorite Twilight Series Book?

1. Twilight

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. New Moon

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  3. Eclipse

20 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. Breaking Dawn

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  5. None of them

33 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Is Eclipse out on paperback yet!? T-T

2. beezygee Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm sure it is but I'm not entirely sure. <_>

3. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Never mind! :D My sister just surprised me with a copy!! :D I love her!!

4. Nobody's Shadow Kingdom Keeper

In a room where it's nine in the afternoon.
    Dang it, it's out in paperback already? I just bought the hardcover version the other day...
    Lucky. xD

5. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I thought the paperback version of Eclipse comes out in April.... next year. But I found the special edition for $15, including tax. I'm just that good at finding discount bookstores. xD

6. keybladeofdarkness4 Twilight Town Denizen

i always preffer hardcover over paperback. *shrugs* the only paperback books i read are manga

7. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I like hardcover better, too. But paperbacks are usually cheaper. But it's so hard to wait for the paperback!

8. Pistol Schoolboy Gummi Ship Junkie

LC's Reviews: Twilight

[​IMG]
    LC's Reviews: Twilight.

In celebration of Breaking Dawn coming out on August 2nd, I thought my second review would be about one of the most popular, but one of the most agitatingly addictive books: Twilight. Now, who doesn't love this series? Sure, it may seem like a fad, but the book is actually worth a look at. If someone hasn't already spoiled it all for you. Now, the book has been out for about three years, yet finally got noticed in 2007. And now, 2008, the book will finally get a movie adaptation.

Personally, there are a few things in this story that were needed, yet could be tweaked a bit. Perfect example being Jacob Black. Now, Jacob has a large hater club. However, Jacob still has a lover club as big as The Last Templar. And I say it now, I am a hater. But back to the subject, the book does have so many moments you want to squeeze and hug until the text is obliterated from the tan pages. Especially the whole concept of Edward. Hell, I'm a guy, and I'm in love with the dude. Unbeliveably, I am pretty damn surprised of Robert Pattinson as the seductive vampire.

And god, don't get me started on the ending. Once I read Edward was kissing Bella, you don't know how big of a spasm I had in my enthusiasm. Stephanie truly has a way of expressing a perfect expression of a story, and that's damn hard to find. Now, there are a few reasons how you found out about this story. Either one, a friend told you, or two, you heard Edward Cullen's name screamed across the hallways of your local junior high school. If not either, then you stumbled upon the book when a girl couldn't stop talking about it when you were trying to buy your manga.

"What so special about this book, though, Skyler?" Is what you are probably saying. Well, if you pay attention to the story, Stephanie has a beautiful sense of words to portray the life of Bella. And sometimes, you feel as if it's Bella telling the story and not Stephanie. And the dedication Edward and Bella have for each other, well, you should know that it was just plain adorable. God, I can't stop mentioning Edward. Well, you know, it's hard to find a female author who can tell an amazing description of a perfect boy. Especially when it's a vampire.

Fortunately, I was duped, and Stephanie just completely shot a surprise bullet through my head. Truthfully, reading the story, you will feel sorry for Bella. Who is trying to hold back her love the best she can, however, always fails. And plus, I find it hilarious, yet cute, when Stephanie lets Bella describe Edward to always be "sparkly". Truly, one of those scenes you image and find yourself both going "Aww", yet laughing in the end of it all. Ha, gotta love Stephanie, honestly.

Oh, might I add that when you even begin to read the first few pages, you lose yourself in imagining what may happen next? Well, that's exactly what I did. And once Edward was thrown into the story as a mysterious boy who is unbelieveably, but not really, stalking Bella, I lost myself in wondering how they would meet further. Or perhaps, how they would fall in love. What's so great, is that it takes nearly half the book for Bella to admit it. Stephanie really kept it mischievous, and fantastic at the same time. Great job, indeed!

Personally, I am patiently waiting for the epic conclusion that will be Breaking Dawn. We can finally end the series, and all that we have left is the book where Edward tells his share of the story. Get to hear some personal family issues or, something quite like that. Maybe other reason why Edward was almost ignoring Bella. Oh well, we'll have to see when it comes out. But for right now, I'll easily shake at the party at Barnes & Noble, waiting for midnight to strike. Then, finally, I'll have a spasm in my pants and heart when I finally buy the new book.

One final message: Thank you Stephanie Meyer for giving us such a great series. I'm sure without you, we wouldn't have such a perfect vampire story. Hearts and love to you. Overall, this story is a recommendation to the maximum.

9. Rawr King's Apprentice

Twilight is a great book, its part of a great series! I can't for the movie!! Anyways Does anyone think Twlight would make a great Anime....

10. Pistol Schoolboy Gummi Ship Junkie

Personally, I think an anime would kill the series. I mean, the Japanese Twilight has some pretty epic covers and little manga-like images here and there, but an anime would make it look like Vampire Knight, which is already a good anime.

But, if someone does succumb to making an anime, it won't be that good when people plan on English dubbing it.

11. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

I agree... An anime would definately be horrible...

I took a look at the movie trailers and one of the scenes from the movie, and it may end up ruining the book... It's gonna be completely different. D: (but still wonderful! ^w^)

I am going to get the book at midnight right when it comes out... i can't wait for Breaking Dawn! 8D And then the series with Edward's viewpoint will come out! XD *squeals*

12. Asylum Destiny Islands Resident

I think an anime wouldn't be so great for the series. It would be very odd. Maybe something similar but not the exact same thing.
    I'm actually afraid to get Breaking Dawn as soon as it comes out... I can only imagine the rush. I'm planning on going to get it a day after. Hopefully, there will still be copies..
    It kind of seems to me though that Stephanie Meyer is pushing the series just a tad bit too far. I'm not saying I want her to stop writing but I don't know how it would feel to read the story from Edward's point... I don't think it would have the same enthusiasm as it did when reading it from Bella's point of view.
    Well I'm just praying that the movie doesn't ruin the book.

13. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

Bella and Edward forever!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, if they do decide to make it an anime, they might be better off if they have the voice actors from the movie.( if the movie is good)

14. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

ACK!
    Guys...if this is about a book, keep it about a book. Don't get sidetracked to anime (as awesome as it is). :3

15. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

I so agree with your review, Sky. What I also love about this book is the inspiration for writing these ones from the classics =D

For example:
    Twilight 1st Book = Pride and Prejuide
    New Moon 2nd Book= Romeo and Juliet
    Eclipse 3rd Book= Wuthering Heights

For the fourth book it's been said there are 2 books that inspired Stephaine. One was revealed as A Midsummer's Night Dream. The other one hasn't been told. By the way. I'm a hater too xD Team Edward

Sabby was here<3

16. Tootsie coquí

NO,JUST NO. D: I already dislike Kristen Stewart in the movie..imagine her as a voice actress
    ~

To be honest,I started reading Twilight because my friend was forcing me to read and totally convinced me when he said "there's an almost sex part in Eclipse".

Stephanie Meyer created the impossible man to find lolol,but I loved everything about the book.

I was so frustrated when I was reading the part when Bella is trying to find Edward in Italy,I was like "MOVE IT!HURRY UP WOMAN!"

It's a great book and I can't wait to get Breaking Dawn this Saturday <:

17. Shuhbooty moon child

Breaking Dawn ~ Discussion

Omfg, I get the feeling that this book will get REALLY out of hand. So I'm making this for all fans, just don't leek any spoilers.... TEEHEE!

DestinyStar:
    [spoilers]Because a human has never conceded a baby before. They all died before anything like that could happen! D:
    And the things eating her alive. I'd say that Jack should take up that offer and make little puppies with Bella. For her sake of her lost baby, and for Edward...
    [spoilers]

18. Sexy Sheva Banned

Dawwww D: I finished the book "Bella" Already D:

I wanna take my sweet time with it, but i wanna know what happens so bad ;_;

OMG I went NUTS when she became pregnant =D

Rainbow, i didn't read your spoilers yet <_> is it after the first book? I just started on "Book Two Jacob"

19. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

Cupcake, her spoilers are still in Book 1... mostly >>

RS, I'm not quite that far, yet. D:

20. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

I'm on Chapter 27. I won't spoil anything after most people are finished. Umm but I think Stephanie Meyer kinda rushed in her events. Spoiler I wanted the wedding to be longer. I don't know if this counts as a spoiler but whatever, I'll write in white anyway. ~Spoiler End~ By the end it starts to get better <3