TWEWY Manga?

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Sorax, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Sorax SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE is a triumph.

Well for some of you who don't know, TWEWY Developers released a manga adaptation of The World Ends With You. The manga can be only accessed by being a member at Square Enix. The whole manga contains only 2 chapters.

In the first chapter, it introduces the whole story's beginning. Second chapter immediately skips to where they meet Beat and Rhyme and then 7 days after...then it ends!

Of course the manga's purpose was just a glimpse of the whole story, but since they've finished the video game, do you think TWEWY developers will adapt TWEWY into a manga with the complete story?

2. Pistol Schoolboy Gummi Ship Junkie

I wouldn't doubt it.
    They've done it with Kingdom Hearts, so perhaps they might just suck up and make a manga adaptation for those that would rather spend ten dollars on manga rather than thirty dollars on a game.
    Huh. :/

3. Xaale Sylph of Hope

I am pretty sure they will, but unless this was just a foretaste I highly doubt it. Or not...

It would be awesome if they made it into a whole story. I hope they do go through with it

4. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I didn't know about that. *goes to the members site to check it out*

Dang. There's a lot of stuff on here about it I didn't know about. I suppose being off it for 2 months would explain that though. xD

I'm reading it now. :3

5. Sorax SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE is a triumph.

Well, if you have finished it, you could tell that it's just a short summary of the beginning of the game's plot, yet it has potential to be a manga adaptation, don't you think?

6. {Vena_Sera}_ The Anti{Saint} King's Apprentice

why only 2 chapters? thats a little short

7. Inasuma "pumpkin"

It definitely does, and I'm sure fans all over the world would buy it.

It might cost a decent amount of money to produce it, but man, they would make so much money selling it!

I hope it gets somewhere.

8. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Eh, maybe they might, seeing as how they've done KH and in Japan there's a Tales of Symphonia one ( wait...Squeenix did publish Tales, right?), so making a TWEWY manga seems to be a kinda obvious move.

9. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Wait, about the manga....can you post a link to it? Lol, sorry I tried to find it but I caaaan't.

Anyway, I hope they continue with more then just two chapters. They did Kingdom Hearts, and they did it well. It might cost a bit to produce, but they'll make a big profit seeing as there are so many TWEWY fans.​

10. Inasuma "pumpkin"

11. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

I may end up reading the manga, since I saw and liked the game itself.

12. Absol Hollow Bastion Committee

It's likely that they'll make it, as the game seems rather popular now. I hope they do.

13. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

FAIL! The Tales series is by the Namco company. D< lol

anyways, I hope they really can make a manga of TWEWY, though looking at the first two chapters...they skipped ALOT.

14. Xioayugoth Destiny Islands Resident

I wish they would make a full manga... TWEWY has such a big fanbase already, it'd be good for money making for them to make a complete one...

If they did, I'd hope they'd keep the humour in there, like they did with Kingdom Hearts. I cracked up for ages when I saw Josh hiding behind the lamppost and snapping a picture of presumably Neku's underwear, since that's what he was looking at. :roll:

15. Noise For Love and Justice

GAWD i hope so!

TWEWY would make an amazing manga!

its so artisticly amazing!

perfict for a manga

16. Xioayugoth Destiny Islands Resident

Oh, Noise has a point, too. XD

TWEWY's already halfway there, since the game's in a manga book sort of style anyway. The panels during cutscenes to show several things at once, the speech scenes... not to mention the art style in the first place.

17. Sorax SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE is a triumph.

Exactly. Well let's hope that the manga releases, making us happy.

Looking at what they did in the first two chapters, the art isn't that much different from the KH manga. It still has the humor they did with KH, so hopefully we really get to see it.

18. Scott Pilgrim Banned

I hope they release it, but I don't have high hopes. It's been almost 9 months and we don't really have anything to go on. I saw the 2 chapters and the style, just like the KH manga, has changed dramatically.

19. Skylight_Defect Hollow Bastion Committee

They might since they adapted Kingdom Hearts into a manga.