The Tales of Beedle the Bard Get Published

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jafar, Aug 16, 2008.

1. jafar custom title

Remember several months ago when J.K. Rowling made 7 handmade books of The Tales of Beedle the Bard (originally refrenced in The Deathly Hallows? Well, it's getting published to the public. It's coming out December 4th. Amazon.com will exclusively have a special edition of it for $100 made to look like the original 7.

UK Cover:
    [​IMG]

US Cover:
    [​IMG]

2. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Yes, it was mentioned in The Deathly Hollows. I might get it just for the fun of it, but as much as I love the Harry Potter series, I don't think it'll be jaw-droppingly brilliant.

3. P Banned

Same here. I don't hold too high hopes for it, but I am sure it will be an interesting read. Perhaps.

4. Paladin12345678 Twilight Town Denizen

Oh god, a desperate cash-in on a series with such a mediocre ending. After Deathly Hallows I don't even want to THINK about Harry Potter.

I.E. Snape is evil. Oh wait, no he's not! He just wanted to get it on with Harry's mum, and Dumbledore was in love with a MALE dark wizard and yay for expositon about Dumbledore's family which we didn't actualy need. Oh look, Harry is part of some secret bloodline that was never mentioned until now and there's an ancient wand that Dumbledore mysteriously had and Harry is supposed to be the rightful owner. Oh, and Ron and Hermione get it on and have two children despite hating each other passionately until the last chapter. Seriously, fanfiction makes mores sense than that. And look at that, let's spend a chapter with a whole lot of expositon from resident emo Dumbledore who's dead but conveniently alive in a portrait to help the aforementioned traitor-oh wait, a good guy Snape. Oh, and Harry kills Voldemort by being a teenage Jebus. Riiiiight.

*disengaging rant*

5. Noise For Love and Justice

yea! thats all i can say! i love JK and im really glad that shes doing new book...

however!

i wish she would do a book about the harry potter univeruse

i wanna see what else shes got

6. jafar custom title

She's trying to make an encyclopedia, but some publishing company is making one, so she has to fight that before she makes it. Plus, there are the 2 other non-HP books coming out sometime in 2011. So, there's a bit to look forward to.

And to Vertigo Haven, reviews of the original hand-written version said that it will have all the wit and be just as brilliant as the series.

7. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I can't wait to read Babbity Rabbitty and her Cackling Stup ^_^. Jk is actually quoted that when she was asked to write Beedle the Bard and she felt herself saying yes, she though s*** how am I going to do babbitty Rabbitty. The resukt is that that story is actually quite dark. I feel this being a bit like whe Garth Nix wrote the creature in the case after he had written Sabriel, Lireal and Abhorsen.

8. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh, the UK cover is so much better than the US one! I'm jealous! But I am glad that she's publishing the book. I was disappointed when I found out that there would only be a few and that only some people were going to get it, but thank goodness for this. After the horrible change of release dates for the HBP movie (grr), this is something to look forward to. Can't wait for December!

9. Fallout Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm over J.K. Rowling after that terrible ending to the Harry Potter series. Waste of seven years of my life.

10. micketymike Twilight Town Denizen

I'd tell you but then youed never leave me alone
    tales of beedle the bard is basicly a fairy tale book

11. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Oooh I'm excited I want to read that!

They have mentioned it in The Deathly Hollows so I remember it from there.

I can't wait.​

12. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

I can't see the Encyclopedia being much of a fun read, but it'd be interesting for all those people who get caught up in the mythology of series...like me :D I heard Rowling wants to spend lots of time before the Encyclopedia's finally out, and that she wants it to be amazing, if she goes to the effort of writing it. I look forward to it, and hopefully she beats that other publishing company.

O.O That UK cover does looks better, the US one just seems so... modern and commercial.