the joy you feel when listening...

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by sinister, Jul 28, 2008.

1. sinister King's Apprentice

the last night i lied down on a mountain looking up on the wonderful stars listening to the crickets singing...
    i kept listening feeling my heart ache with pride and joy to know that something so nrmal in the night could sound so beautiful and peaceful...
    is there anything like that which has made you feel happy?

2. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

If we are talking about joys in genral I guess I have one.

I was visting a family friend that lived pratically on the beach. It wasn't a built-up area where loads of buildings stood, the only real buildings were like beach huts or shacks, no trees either.

What I enjoyed the most is the first time I looked up at the sky. It wasn't like city sky where loads of tall things blocked it all out, for the first time in my life I saw the sky from all sides of the horizon. I felt so good that day, like i'd been blind for so long, but finally I could see the world.

3. sinister King's Apprentice

oh, sorry...
    i meant by listening...
    but it sounded very nice anyway...
    makes you feel alive...

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Oh well, forgive me sir, but I have a sound that actually links to that story.

While I was sitting on the beach there, it wasn't crowded with people, you'd probably not see anyone around their for hours, I sat with my eyes closed and I could hear the waves crashing and moving, like a song with no one talknig, no cars going past, it was just heavenly, hearing it so pure for once.

Hope thats better! :D

5. sinister King's Apprentice

i love that feeling....
    i hate the cars with their engines and it's so nice to be alone...

when did you begin to call people sir, sir?

6. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Well, this sorta counts as listening so...
    I always feel so good when I play guitar or piano or sing, it doesn't even matter for me sometimes whether I play wrong...
    And I'm completely addicted to my Ipod, I can't go anywhere without it.
    I just simply love music, I don't think I'd want a career out of it, but it's a great hobby!

7. Destined Working for WDW

if anyone has been there, they will attest that Alaska is completely and utterly in this category. I was kayaking in Mendenhall Bay and it was at first eerie to be completely alone. No cars racing by, no police sirens screaming past the next hill. It was just me, the rythmic paddling, and silence; save for the occasional Bald Eagle or a breeze softly rustling through the trees.

Beautiful.

8. Mexony Hollow Bastion Committee

Ah listening to things relax me, from being alone with no one in sight.

In the night the crickets begin to sing, sending echo's in my heart. A nice feeling, really love listening to the crickets at night. It's like my lullaby.

9. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

I have this place on my property kind of like a back yard but it's not I like to go there and listen to the birds I love it when they chirp.​

10. In explicit Angst Gummi Ship Junkie

Once I couldn't sleep at all, so I just staid in my bed reading one book. About 6 a clock. I got bored of reading and I went outside of my room. I walked to my back yard and sat there for a while. The sun was rising, there were no cars or people and the birds were singing. It sounded beautiful.
    I enjoy music too...

11. Absol Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, it's nice to just sit outside and listen to nature. Wether it's near a forest, beach, or whatever, it's always good to be away from soceity. At least, that's how I feel.

12. JorrellVsRoxas Traverse Town Homebody

when im alone in my room sleeping... i always have good dreams

13. Chevalier Crystal Princess

well...i live in a tropical island.

but, ive never been interested in the beach.....i hate sand and salt water....

but....if i remember correctly in the back of my school there's a buch of fallen leaves and big trees.

and there is a little legde that stands out , i kinda use my backpack as a pillow and and just drop myself there. its really breezy and you can see little rays of light through the tree.

but i love the calm rustling of leaves....the wind moves the tree slowly.

yeah....thats mostly it.

14. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

The best sound for me is in the middle of the night, when I walk out of my dad's house on his back porch. It seems quiet but theres woods in the back so you hear the creek flowing by.

Its almost relaxing to me.

15. Repliku Chaser

I do love to go out in nature and walk around, listening to the sounds of the animals and breeze etc. Also, walking late at night on the streets where I live can be enjoyable too. It's so quiet compared to the day with all the cars being missing and all. I would say though that seldom do I just 'listen' and instead kind of use all my senses to pick out as much as I can from any scene I have the time to focus on. I do love music an awful lot though so that would be my other thing I love to hear and just let it take me away.

16. Trigger hewwo uwu

I like just looking at the stars and the moon. It calms me down :)

17. Misty gimme kiss

Central Park in the fall is what really does it for me. I love how the rushing of the city just sort of stops right there. You can just sit and relax while looking at the red orange of the tree's leaves... I could die right there. The muffled sound of the city around you makes it seems like time is stopping just so that you take it all in.

18. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

The snow. Everytime I go snowboarding, I'd take off all my gear and jackets to enjoy the cold air before the descent. It's really refreshing and the view's very nice.

That or just camping under the stars or taking a nice walk during the fall.

Overall though, in terms of these "natural joy" feelings, the winter season itself is enough. (lol, I get that kinda joyful feeling when christmas comes close.) ^^

19. Chevalier Crystal Princess

oh that sounds delightful.

i wish i can go to central park someday.

20. OblivionRoxas Traverse Town Homebody

well I was on holiday in america and I was staying in the animal kingdom lodge hotel in orlando and one night I couldn't get to sleep so I went outside onto the balcony and watched the sun rise and listened to all the animals in harmony. It was SOOOOOO relaxing :) I've never felt so good in my life