The evil stepmother & "father". D:<

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Misty, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Misty gimme kiss

Honestly, I really need to rant about my stepmother. She is a horrible woman. It's like she's trying to find a way to make me upset. I need to describe the situation with my parents a bit, though.

My mom and dad were married for about ten years, and they fought a lot. Whether it was about my dad's smoking cigarettes, or something else, it seemed like every night they would have it out while they thought me and my sisters were asleep. By the time I was in the second grade, the fights were becoming more and more frequent, and my dad would often leave for days. On one February night, they had one of their worst fights yet, and though I was still young, I knew that this one wasn't like the others. Eventually, it ended with my mom telling my dad that maybe they needed some time apart from each other. I don't think my dad was very happy about this, and my mom eventually called the cops and we stayed at my aunt's house for the night. When we got back the next day, my mom explained what was going on. They were going to get a divorce, and my dad was going to move in with his parents.

Fast forward in time a little, and my dad and grandfather tried to throw us out of our home. My grandfather was the mortgage holder for some reason, and we had the option of my mom paying off the mortgage by herself or moving. My sisters and I were still young at the time, and my mom was reluctant to make us move. But we all know the stresses of a single mother, and paying a mortgage on the very expensive Long Island AND keeping food on the table seemed near impossible. My mom eventually took on the mortgage, and started working three jobs. She's a wonderful woman. I love her.

After my parents finally got the divorce finalized, my dad announced that he was going to start to date a co-worker named Melissa. Before that, he had almost stopped smoking, but when she came he started up again. She and her two children moved in with him and his parents, and they eventually moved into an apartment with each other. They got married, and three months later my half-sister was born. I was young, but I could still do the math. My mom had told me to stay away from her -- she tried to fight my mother many times, and I don't think that my parents were exactly "separated" when my stepmother came into the picture. But that's just what I think.

Now, things hadn't been so bad, but lately my stepmother has been horrible to me. I don't know if it's because she hates my mother, or because I look like her, or whatever, but she's incredibly nasty to me and my sisters. Particularly me. I've tried being reasonable with her. I've ignored her, been nice to her, everything -- but she's still incredibly hostile to me. The real breaking point was when we went on a trip to Fire Island. It was hot, I was tired, and PMSing to her. She called me a *****, and when we got home, I found a present from her puppy in my room. I told this to her, already a bit angry from that day, and she said she'd deal with it after a rude comment. I waited at least two hours, and nothing happened. In the end, my sister cleaned it up. My stepmother got my dad to tell that my sarcasum from that day really "turned her off". Emotional breakdown.

After about two weeks, she still held the grudge, and has been saying really ****** things to me. I cried my eyes out twice the last time I was there. I'm at wits end with her, and I really don't know how to deal with her.

Yeah... so kind of a rant. :/

2. Styx That's me inside your head.

Hmmm...I'd heed your mother's advice and stay away from her as much as possible.

3. Juicy Chaser

Well, I can guess that she has always felt awkward around you, due to you not being her offspring and perhaps she feels you are in the way with her relationship with your dad. It's not true, you are innocent, but sometimes it's hard to love someone who is not your own and is seen as being an add-on when she got with your dad. Of course you aren't, but I'm just trying to see it from her perspective. This may be why she has been so hostile towards you.

And the suspiscion that your dad was still tied to your mum when your stepmother and he got together probably drove her insane. But still none of this is an excuse to how she is treating you. You should have a talk with your dad, just him and you without your stepmother. After all, you shouldn't stop seeing him just because of his new partner. I wouldn't only stay with your mother.

Then again, I think your dad is being a bit .. unfair .. from listening to his wife and telling you that your stepmother was "turned off" by your sarcasm. You should challange her on that, actually confront her, and ask her what she meant. If you're in the right, then your argument will clearly be the most valid and your dad will see how unfair your stepmother is being. Calling you a ***** is taking it too far, and is beyond hosility. And making her dog leave.. something... in your room is just downright immature and mean.

Talk to both your parents about it, and confront your stepmother. Oh, and tell your dad you're unhappy that he's started smoking again.

Oh and.. *huggles* <3
    you shouldn't be crying over her, she's not worth it.

4. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Don't take your bull ****. That women came into your life through reasons which you do not appreciate, and there for, she has no right to treat you like that.

She is your step mother, but she has no authority of you. if she says something ******, then, you say something right back, becuz she does not have any power over you. At least that is how I would handle it.

Not for nothen, but if some ***** came into my life and acted like that towards me, i'll tell her to **** off

5. Misty gimme kiss

I try to just stay in my room and ignore her, but my dad doesn't like that. He gets angry and tells me that I might as well not even be there if I just hide the whole time.
    Well, if there was any kind of awkwardness between us, I think it would have faded by now. I've been around her for five years.
    Honestly, she probably wouldn't care if she was with a married man. It's just the kind of person she is. I don't really like to talk my dad about this stuff -- he's had a lot of stress from work in the past few months, and I don't want to dump this on him. I can't only stay with my mother -- I go to my dad's every Wednesday and every other weekend.
    What I really felt horrible about when he said that is that my stepmother is constantly spurring him to do things that he wouldn't otherwise. If I ever did something wrong, he would just say "don't do that again" and leave it at that, and that's how it worked with us. But she would come in and say "you're just going to leave it at that?" and give me a really nasty look. The thing is, my dad is a really carefree, simple guy. But when he talked to about upsetting my stepmom, it just felt like it was kind of obvious that he was channeling what she told him to say. I wouldn't mind if she confronted me herself and told me that I upset her, but sending my dad to do it was just cowardly.
    :3 thanks. oh, and trust me, my dad knows full well that we ALL hate his smoking. my grandparents tried to give him $2000 if he stopped, but he didn't.
    lol. But I'm like my dad -- I don't take much seriously, and I almost never say anything directly bad about a person. it's just how I am. I don't think I should stoop to her level and say something that she's going to hold againt me.

6. Inasuma "pumpkin"

You should try talking to her, if anything. Work something out.

Also, if she wants to continue playing wits, you should do it. Who knows, maybe it'll be fun?

7. Scott Pilgrim Banned

My stepfather isn't evil, just very childish. Very childish.

8. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Awww. Is just that I hate hearen someone not saying anything back. Not for nothing, but I would gladly stoop to someone's level, just for the hell of putting them in their place. Just have to know how to do it ^_^

9. Destined Working for WDW

I'm sorry to hear that Misty. Well i've never been in this situation so i can't fully tell you that I understand because I don't. Talking it out with her and your dad seems to be a logical choice to me, but then again it might be the last thing that you'd want especially if she is acting like this towards you. But i have to agree, she shouldn't be treating you like this. She isn't your mother and extenuating circumstances put her in your life. You didn't choose this so you shouldn't be the one taking the brunt of a raunchy step mother.

10. Mexony Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm sorry to hear this happen to you, Misty. Surely, no one should be treated like that. But don't take all those words from her, gulp it down. This reminds me of my parents thing but yours is more farther. But by the looks of it, it seems that your dad is taking the lady's side. If she keeps talking about it, try to have a chat with her, work things out. If it doesn't work out well might aswell tell someone, a family member very close. When I'm at the my dad's lady's house, I don't make eye contact, it does add disturbance. Try not to make much eye contact.

I'm not quite sure if it's witnessed, but try to have your father see the words she's saying to you. And, your father should stop smoking, it's a deadly risk to take for smoking. Hard to get rid of but, try to reason with him as much as you can. That's all I can say.

11. Chevalier Crystal Princess

the best way to put a person in their place is to actually show that you can be way more controlled than they are , and not stoop to their lvl.

verbal abusse also works...but meh.

anyways, that woman has no right to call you what she called you.

you should definately put her in her place, in front of your father!

or you could work things out.

but the putting her in her place...sounds more fun.

but the working things out is the right thing

12. tSG1 Chaser

Suggets using sarcasm ALOT. This will piss your parents off alot. Or else, try to talk with your mom and tell her how you feel about your relationships with her.