The best book you've read as an assignment.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ♥ M e w I c h i g o ♥, Dec 21, 2007.

1. ♥ M e w I c h i g o ♥ Twilight Town Denizen

XD Pretty self-explanatory... Come on, you know you've read at least ONE really good book for school or something.
    Mine would be Romeo and Juliet, Lord of the Flies, or Walk Two Moons. Romeo and Juliet is pretty hard to understand, but I think it's really good. X3 I didn't like LotF at first, but as it got more interesting I understood it better and really got into it. Walk Two Moons... I read that in sixth grade. XD; It wasn't very hard, but it was goooood...

2. Valium Hollow Bastion Committee

i read A Shadow on the Glass by Ian Irvine i LOVED it and the rest of his books

3. Devil's Angel Gummi Ship Junkie

Listening to my music which is your heartbeat
    Half of Tucker everlasting <--- i think thats the title -.-'

4. Heaxrt17 Gummi Ship Junkie

I liked "Relatos de un Naufrago" by Gabriel García Marquez. I read it in 8th grade for spanish class. The story was really interesting. Also, I liked The Secret Garden and "El niño que enloqueció de amor" ( The boy that become crazy by love), that is a very sad book.

5. Nobody's Shadow Kingdom Keeper

In a room where it's nine in the afternoon.
    I usually enjoy reading all the books read for school classes. The most recent one that I really look a liking to was called A.D. 62: Pompeii. I had to do it for my Latin class and reading the title I thought it would be extremely boring. In the end I was hoping for a sequel, but no such book exists.

6. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

i usally enjoy the books i read fromschool - but I loved "The Outsiders", and "Pankration" and there was one other book I was fond off - but cant remember the name

7. Xaale Sylph of Hope

I read Tuck Everlasting and thought that was good. I also read the Witch of Blackbird pond which was interesting.

8. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

I would have to say The Outsiders.

9. Tootsie coquí

And..BUMP.

I don't read the novels for assignments because I'm kind of lazy that I just rent the movie .-.
    But I decided to break my "tradition" and read "Romeo and Juliet" in 10th grade and I really liked it.

I almost cried and all in the classroom xD;;

10. Atlas Gummi Ship Junkie

Ummm i also read Walk Two Moons in sixth grade and i really liked that and last year we read A Day No Pigs Would Die and i thought that book was just great.

11. beezygee Gummi Ship Junkie

I thought Pride and Prejudice was a pretty good book.

12. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

I liked "Where the Red Fern Grows". I was a pretty good book actually.

13. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

I like Harry Potter books. I had to read them for A.R.

14. Star_Seeker King's Apprentice

I pretty much like all the books I have to read as assignments. The most recent one I read was The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle. It was really good and I learned a lot.

15. Falling Star Gummi Ship Junkie

In school.... well the only one I can think of right now is "Maniac Magee"...

16. raglflagl Merlin's Housekeeper

Assigned eh? Well the only thing I could actually say would be "Gathering Blue"

17. .Kairi. Kingdom Keeper

I liked And Then There Were None and The Outsiders. Besides that, my teachers pick the worst books I've ever read.

18. Antidote Façade

Of Mice and Men.

I think I actually did pretty good in reading it all xD I mean, for someone who hates books as much as me, twas a miracle xP ..I only did it cos I was forced to, by the by >_>

Anyway, yah. I loved Lenny's character in that book x3 He was just like a big, dumb kid. Everyone (even his best friend) called him a ****** and stuff. He was so naive! :D ..though kinda crazy o_O There's a part where he says he likes this beautiful womans hair, and she asks if he wants to stroke it, so he does and he's all like, "it's so soft 8D" then she tells him to stop 'cos he'll mess it up, but he grabs her hair, she gets distressed and starts screaming and he's like, "STOP SCREAMIN'" and grabs her head and jaw, and breaks her neck <_> We watched the film adaption, too. That made it all the more creepy xD

The ending was quite sad, but I'm not into all that soppy crap xP lol, BAWWWW.

19. Mish smiley day!

^ SAME D:

My favourite was George, though. Since he tolerated Lenny and kind of let Lenny mooch off him. How gallant. >: It was funny when we were reading it in class - at the end, practically everyone was crying. XD You'll be feedin' rabbits in heaven now, Lenny! ;3;

We watched the film too.. omg Gary Sinise and John Malkovich! o: yepyepyep.

20. Gwen Farewell.

We had to read a really great book called Fever.

It was so emotional it actually put our teacher in tears when she read it, and half the class as well.