Super Tuesday

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by hangthesilver, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hangthesilver Destiny Islands Resident

So it's Super Tuesday (or will/have been..) here in America. There are twenty four primaries going on today--I live in Arizona.

McCain's won a lot of states so far, with Huckabee behind him.

Obama and Clinton are pretty much even. Still waiting on California for their huge amounts of delegates.

So anyway, anyone else following it? It's about eight thirty at night for me and I've been following it all day. :)

2. Explode Who?!

No, I haven't been following it today. Damn, McCain and Huckabee? If anyone one from the Republican party, I would hope that it would be Romney, even though he kinda looks like a pedophile XD It's crazy how close it is between Clinton and Obama, it's been like this since the beginning. It's funny how a woman and a black man are the only two Democrats that have a chance. Hopefully, this means the country's changing its attitude.

3. emerald_flame Traverse Town Homebody

let just hope it changes for the better .

4. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I turned it off an hour ago or so. I was so disappointed to see that Ron Paul didn't make it far enough. ):

5. sora roxas60 Destiny Islands Resident

I'm voting for Senator Obama. It's time for a change in the U.S. It's time to declare victory and leave Iraq.
    They didn't even attack us! We should be in Afghanistan and Iran. We need to keep an eye on Iran's nuclear plans. Sen. Obama will get everyone healthcare. America's and economy is in a bad state. The environment is at an all-time low. We need change. But of the Republicans, I want Huckabee to win.

6. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I'm happy as long as Huckabee doesn't win. It's time America remembered about the fact that it is supposed to have a secular government. Meaning religion should in no way enter into the equation. And considering the fact he is an ex-baptist minister (I am almost certain of this <_>).

America needs a leader that can detach him or herself from their religious beliefs. Lol I think it's great people have to choose between a coloured man or a white woman for the democrat candidate xD Many people will be torn between their racism and sexism >_>

7. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I got my absentee ballot a couple weeks ago, filled it out and mailed it in the next day. Of course, after I seal up said ballot I turn on the TV and find out John Edwards ( the only Demo I liked) dropped out of the runnings.

Maybe I won't vote this year...I hate both Hilary and Obama. I don't like either of their views.

8. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

Obama has won 14 states, Clinton has 12, Mc Cain has 12, Huckabee has 6, and I can't remember how many Romney has.

9. Xendran Banned

lets hope that this changes towards something a bit better than it is currently lol.

10. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

Clinton's now leading then? With Obama not that far behind and McCain passing Romney and Huckabee, anyway isn't McCain abit too old to run the country, he's like 71.

11. Xendran Banned

Yeah, thats true. i mean cmon 71? RETIRE!

12. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Just got word this morning Romney's suspending his campaign because he's pretty much almost broke.

As far as the Demos go, come election time, I might just go with Hilary. I do like her a little more than Obama, if it really came down to that.

Any word yet on New Mexico? Last I heard they still weren't finished counting. Feels like Florida all over again.

13. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i dont' care much for HITLER-ary Clinton or Barrack OSama. they both suck in my opinion.

14. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

If I lived in the USA I wouldn't vote for any of them, I mean McCain is 71, which is a bit too old and I don't like Hitlery Clinton or Barrack OSama (nice names by the way EvilMan), how many things that theyhave promised do you think that they will fulfil? Just trying to win people's votes especially Hitlery Clinton, I guess it won't matter which one as long as they keep to their plans.

15. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Since when does any politican come through on all of their promises? It's just to get you to vote for them. You don't look at their promises, you look at their long term plans, and what their core beliefs are (and I am not talking about religious beliefs =_=). Ugh I don't even live in America.

16. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I think Clinton is all talk and no effort, she'll get worn out quickly and than the troubles will start (getting worst than they already are). She probably wouldn't be running if she wasn't associated with the Clintons.

Huckabee could start changing many things, some good, a man fueled by relegion has a lot of fire in their heart to achieve things. But really the damge he could do out ways the good.

actually if I think about it more, all of them will do more bad than good in the long run, though I hope i'm wrong. :/

17. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Me too, Peace. Me too.

In the meantime, my friends and I have created a "Emergency Move to Canada" fund in the off-chance that things start epically failing after the election.

18. Mixt The dude that does the thing

That's not hypocritical. “religion should in no way enter into the equation†yet you’re not considering him because of his religious status? I don’t care if his actions are influenced by religion, as long as they are what is best for the country.

19. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

But it is also hypocritical to have a so called secular government and then all of the decisions made being based on the religious beliefs of the background. I would be fine with him being president if there was the assurance that he would keep his religion out of the office.

I would just be worried of religion gaining a foothold in goverment. State and Church should be a separate as possible. But I agree that if he does what is good for America he would be ok. Meh

20. hangthesilver Destiny Islands Resident

Eek this past week went super busy for me so I didn't get a chance to get back to my own topic lol.

In any case, yes, Romney dropped out. I'm pretty pleased with the three remaining: Clinton, Obama, and McCain. Ideally, in my opinion, it would be one of the Democrats-- they're too close and I haven't made my final decision yet. McCain is the most liberal of the Republicans, though, so I'm happy about him.

And I thank heavens Ron Paul didn't make it. >.< My major issue with Ron Paul is that he'd dismantle the Department of Education. Which does the FAFSA. Which gives me my loans. Which lets me go to school. Which lets me one day get a good job. Woot. And I just....don't particuarly trust what he says, pparticuarly pertaining to women's rights and whatnot.

As for the other three, I don't particuarly care for either Clinton or Obama's border policies (I live in Arizona, which is a very big border state). McCain I tfeel has a stronger edge over national security-- he's also very liberal for a Republican, which is good in my opinion.

If Huckabee somehow wins by the grace of a falling sword on anyone else's head, I'm going to Canada. Huckabee...in my opinion...can swallow a knife. Dropped in acid. And containing anthrax. X.X

I don't particuarly like anyone-- nature of politics-- but out of all the ones in the running, I think that the three we're left with are the best to be done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.