Super Bug Virus.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by newman, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newman Destiny Islands Resident

Last I heard there were 6 confirmed cases of virus,and 1 confirmed death in Bedford county Virginia U.S.A.This has closed the schools for today in that area.They are urging everyone to wash their hands frequently,and promptly report any skin infections.With so many outbreaks of various virus infections being reported recently all over the world,it is very concerning.Being that we are doing so much global trade with each other might be a factor.Although its probably localised in this case,as they are concerned about locker room contamination.Students are getting skin rashes that quickly become infected. Other countries have experienced this recently,according to the global news agencies.

2. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Is there a link to a news story? What is the bug? What are the symptoms? Lol, I don't even know why I care. I don't even live in the country ^^

3. godzilla3456 Gummi Ship Junkie

It is a new staff infection that no antiboitics that we have work. It's due to not being clean and having an open cut. But more and more people are getting it. Even a preschool! Now schools are cleaning hecka crazy before it spreads very bad.

So please everyone wash your hands damnit!

4. bonbon426 Merlin's Housekeeper

Too bad theres alot of cases in Washington state we should move. But really Chuck Norris will kick your *** if you dont stay clean and not get cut cause that virus is getting bad and starting too be another bird flu.

5. Repliku Chaser

Staph has always been a problem, especially in hospitals, because it survives so long outside of the body. However, this strain is particularly nasty and it certainly prompts me to want to wear gloves when I go out, in case I have to use a public bathroom. Hopefully more people will start disinfecting with bleach more in public places because staph virus can survive for at least a week just being on counter tops and toilet seats etc. It's very nasty.

6. The Great Gatz Chaser

I don't know if this is fake or not but I know some people that live in Virginia. But the way you describe it it sounds like an infection. Yes infections can be deadly. But we live in the US in the 21st century. And when I say we I mean the area you claim it is affecting.

7. The Lone Wanderer Twilight Town Denizen

I live in NY and almost every school district around me has a confirmed case of this bug. It sorta scares me. Im afraid I might get it.

8. The Great Gatz Chaser

Ok. Hmmmm. Well can you explain in more detail what it is or what it's called?

9. Repliku Chaser

I live in NY too and so pay attention about it. I definitely don't want to catch it. Here's some extra info for us I dug up. They seem now to be worried that this staph deal is becoming even more dangerous than AIDS in the numbers it is affecting.

Preventive methods to follow seem to be just as we all say:

Keep your hands clean by washing thoroughly with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand cleaner.

Keep cuts and scrapes clean and covered with a bandage until healed.

Avoid contact with other people's wounds or bandages.

Avoid sharing personal items such as towels or razors.

Also, there may be an antibiotic that can treat it sometime in the future. Here's an article about that.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=1968714

10. Thebazilly King's Apprentice

Staph infections like MRSA are rarely deadly. It's nothing to be worried about. Just wash your hands.

11. The Great Gatz Chaser

Wow that sounds pretty bad. And I bet the only times where it gets bad is when somebody doesn't treat it soon enough. Well thanks for the link repliku.

12. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

I'm not worried at all, actually.

Just wash your hands. =\

13. Poki#3 Destiny Islands Resident

The ease of traveling these days really does increase the chance of various diseases spreading, and living in big cities and generally overpopulated areas makes it easier to spread.

On the other hand, we have more and more advanced medicine that's set out to battle things that a few years later might have been fatal.
    (And yes, bacteria is evolving too, but there aren't that many things that are of concern now)

All in all, take shots and make basic hygiene a crucial part of your life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.