Spank's Top 5! Week 23 (Apr. 29th - May 6th)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Deathspank, May 7, 2007.

1. Deathspank Banned

Spank's Top 5! Week 23 (Apr. 29th - May 5th)

Every week, I scour the video portal's latest submissions and pick my top five favorites. Just because you don't make it into the top five does not mean that you're video wasn't good. We just have so many good videos that they're hard to choose from! Here's the top five for this week.

[top5number1]330858c7-8563-4519-9ca3-9921001fde5f[/top5number1]​

This Week's Winner: HazHeartz | View Video
    Song: What I've Done by Linkin Park

2. Submitted By: khfreak87 | View Video
    Song: Face Down by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

3. Submitted By: Kairih | View Video
    Song: Papercut by Linkin Park

4. Submitted By: KeybladePrideAMV | View Video
    Song: Say Goodbye by Skillet

5. Submitted By: Thaguy259 | View Video
    Title: X-Men: The Last Stand Trailer

Hope you enjoy them all, and keep submitting! Maybe your video will show up here next Sunday!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Deathspank, May 7, 2007.

1. Kiryu
      Kiryu
      Congrats to all the winners. I thought the X men one was nicely done.
    2. LloydFayt
      LloydFayt
      i dislike taht the winner is almost always someone with a moer advanced video maker and its mostly just fancy transitions. still congrats to all. maybe ill enter next time :D
    3. KL93
      KL93
      Nice choices DS. Congrats to all the winners.
    4. Speyeker
      Speyeker
      Ugh, so many Linkin Park KH AMV's....:eek:
    5. silverstrings
      silverstrings
      Hm. The first one doesn't impress me much from an editor's POV. Too many flashy effects. While I don't mind the Linkin Park AMVs as much as a lot of other people do (mind, I don't care for them, but I don't despise them), it's not a very original choice of music as they've been done to death. And having TWO of them in the top five, and having one in the top five every week, I can see where people get a little annoyed. Though keeping in mind it's DS's picks and not ours... ;)

'Say Goodbye' is probably my favorite. Nostalgic, pretty simple, original music choice and actually makes you feel a little as opposed to where I'm feeling like I'm having to struggle to keep up with the other AMVs.

At any rate, congrats to the winners~

(I vote that we have a week/contest/something for non-subtitled-AMVs only >.< Really, people. Download VirtualDub. It's free and you can get out your subtitles! It's extra work, but it makes your AMVs SO much better!)
    6. Sora-Riku
      Sora-Riku
      i love the say goodbye by skillet tis amazin'!

the rest of them are ok....

but thats just mah POV
    7. kitty_mckechnie
      kitty_mckechnie
      Oh i like no.1's video, very nice. They were all really good. :D
    8. Angels.In.Flight
      Angels.In.Flight
      Wooo nice job haz i think this is the best one you've done so far.

I think DS likes your vids cos you've been #1 in the top 5 about three times in 6 weeks . (not that im complaining. Because, i like all your vids.)
    9. Shuhbooty
      Shuhbooty
      I like them great pic DS and congate's to the winners
    10. DogBoyX
      DogBoyX
      why does everybody use linkin park?
      or does DS like linkin park AMVs too much.
      anyways, congrats to all the winners
    11. Shigome .:a dreamer:.
      Shigome .:a dreamer:.
      hmmm, i liked the first one but i think there was a *little* too much special effects. and i really liked "face down" and the x-men one. ^_^ in fact, just a couple of days ago i had FAVORITED "face down" on youtube before the top 5 posting. lol. ^_^ i think THAT one was REALLY good. ^_^

and do you actually have to ENTER for the contest or is it just new amv's that are uploaded? 'cause that's what i thought but i just want to make sure. ^_^'
    12. HazHearts
      HazHearts
      As far as i know its just AMVs that have been uploaded, which means DS Has to pick from a very large amount of AMVs each week.

Grats to all the winners, i really like the Facedown amv, it suited Namine alot.
    13. KeyBladePrideAMV
      KeyBladePrideAMV
      Wow I made it! XD

Congrats, guys.
    14. MochaCat
      MochaCat
      nice choice for the first one. but i must say that there is way to many transition effects and such. it seems lately like most of teh top vids have balanced on the egde of awesome and siezure-inducing.

but nice job all.
    15. skuller86
      skuller86
      Linkin Park sings very "photographic" lyrics, and can easily be used for KH AMV's.

What I mean is everything they sing seems to have an image tied to it, if that makes any sense.
    16. sepirothpk
      sepirothpk
      How do you use those effects, they're not on movie maker
    17. Shigome .:a dreamer:.
      Shigome .:a dreamer:.
      you mean for the first video? they used sony vegas, not windows movie maker, to make the video.
    18. Darkandroid
      Darkandroid
      Well using more advanced video editting software will give you more options than WMM so it can make a better video. And Fancy transistions can make a video better and enhance it. From what you saying you want simple WMM video to win over video that are ultimately better made using Vegas or Premiere, which to me makes no sense. A good AMV includes really well timed clips, good use of effects, a story, emotion and drive. I admit that alot of the winners are just eye candy with perfect timing and effects everywhere and don't really need to be there all the time, with no real story or emotion. But they make a more enjoyable video then no transition videos with random scenes.