Chain of Memories Some people think that Marluxia is gay. How bout you?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by santa_sora, Sep 24, 2008.

?

is marluxia gay

Poll closed Oct 27, 2008.
  1. gay

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. not gay

26 vote(s)
    78.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. santa_sora Merlin's Housekeeper

I dont think hes gay i think he has an awsome sythe and has pedals around him mabey he just like's flowers that dosent mean he is gay

2. The Lone Wanderer Twilight Town Denizen

Well, I don't exactly remember the name of those flowers but I do remember that they are the Japanese Flower of Death. I think he kinda is, but the flowers only add to his name as "The Graceful Assassin." Then again, what kind of assassin uses a scythe anyway.

3. Roxaspartanti King's Apprentice

Marluxia is not gay. This is a hoax, and a spoof made by people who love the organization as they are, but like to be like them and create wierd stories for them.

4. Zandyne King's Apprentice

Marluxia is about as homosexual as he is straight.

He's more likely to be a pedophile really. If we're going to be drawing sexual orientation due to his "natural" hair-color or the color of his weapon or the fact he uses flowers (or that no one seems to notice in his Re: CoM fight he uses THORNS OF DARKNESS for most of his damage if not by his weapon or by that there DOOM COUNTER) we might as well start using the visible traits to their fullest. He hangs an awful lot around Namine, and not in a "you are my prisoner and nothing more" sort of way, the fact he doesn't need a cage to keep her in line should be a creepy enough fact. :\

Also I don't understand the bias of Marluxia vs Axel hanging out with Larxene. When Marluxia hangs out and plots schemes with Larxene he becomes girlier for doing so, but when Axel is in the same screen as Larxene, Axel gets straighter. Even though in my opinion, Axel is worse than Marluxia when it comes to questionable orientation.

It probably sounds harsh but SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS guys!

5. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

Marluxia is not gay, nor is he straight. Since he is a Nobody, he cannot feel love towards any man or woman.

6. Styx That's me inside your head.

He's asexual, as people have already said. I agree with the topic starter that scattering pink petals doesn't have anything to do with sexuality.

7. Repliku Chaser

I'm going to move this to the CoM section as it fits more there.

However, I don't really feel Marluxia is gay or straight necessarily. I have no idea what his orientation is and well, it doesn't really matter to me. I doubt sexual orientation matters that much to any of the Nobodies really. They may, for all we know, not have any desire to have sex at all.

8. kixette Merlin's Housekeeper

he looks pretty normal to me.... :|

9. Scott Pilgrim Banned

I wanted to start a thread just like this one, anyway, no he is not gay. He has pink hair and is obbsessed with flowers, but he is not gay.

10. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

I don't think that he's gay. Just 'cause he has pink hair and uses petals as weapon, he is strong. An example is in KH CoM, to beat him I had to try 5 times >_<

11. Oblivions Merlin's Housekeeper

Lol, i don't think the creator was meaning to make him look gay.

12. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Nope. he aint gay. If he truly was gay, he'd be trying to....yeah lol.

13. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Sucks for them...

I'm sorry, I don't get what you are saying, gay people look no different to straight people o_O

I personally don't think sexual orientation is something that was even though of when the characters were designed.

If I had to pick one or the other for him though, I would say he is straight. He likes Namine a little too much to be homosexual IMO.

Pink doesn't mean he is gay, nor does the fact that he is graceful.

I find him to be quite masculine in all honesty.

14. Scott Pilgrim Banned

The truth is, he never hit on anyone including Larxene so we can't tell for sure.

15. Juicy Chaser

Some people could take that offensively. Gay people aren't.. abnormal.

I don't think he is, but I don't really care either way. It wouldn't make a difference to how I think of him. Because someone has pink hair and has flowers doesn't make them gay. And you haven't seen any other members of the organization "hitting on any girls", but nobody is questioning their sexuality.

16. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I don't know >_> if you think about it a lot of people question the sexuality of most of the organization members.

Demyx for example is seen as homosexual, as is Axel. It is only when being put with Larxene that Axel is viewed as being "straight".

At the end of the day, the sexuality of the members is all down to the opinion of each individual. There is no "right" or "wrong" answer. They are game characters, realistically speaking they have no sexuality as it isn't part of their design.

17. Repliku Chaser

The game companies do that intentionally with characters. They don't give them an absolute orientation a lot of times so that players can choose what they want for them. Some characters will be seen as more clearly gay, straight or bi with evidences we find but often it is meant on purpose to be up to the player. There are some obvious people in games that are or aren't gay as well and Marluxia often gets placed as gay just because of the pink hair, flowers and pink scythe.

Though Marluxia has an air of elegance, gestured with flowing motions and all, which some people do tend to connect to 'gay' and I really don't, I didn't see him that way. Really, Marluxia to me did not appear to be interested in sex, at least with anyone in the game. Like quite a few megalomaniacs that are more concerned about power, he seemed much more focused on using people, belittling them and wanting them out of his way. I don't feel accurate with giving him a sexual orientation in one sense but he seemed really chauvinistic and did use Larxene. A lot of people put them as a 'pair' but I don't think he had any interest in her at all and was purely using her to get his goals. A lot of villains in books, tv, etc have female assistants because they feel females are malleable and more controllable. It doesn't though make them gay. In life if you think about it, men have used women throughout history for schemes etc and not cared about them personally. There are serial killers that have used women, dictators, politicians, nobles etc. Whether they were gay or not in some cases can be debated, but often times they were not. So if I had to label him, I'd be more inclined to say he was not gay.

The other reason I'd say he's not gay is because Xemnas appointed him to the Castle Oblivion and 'originally' he was intended to be a female. However, Nomura changed his mind because he felt that Xemnas was chauvinistic and would want a male in charge. If he was Xemnas was so biased in that manner, it would suggest that he wouldn't want a person in charge who also exhibited 'feminine' traits or well, was gay, because that to him might be 'like' putting a female in charge. So, in the end, despite the color pink and the flowers which symbolize death, I just saw him more as straight but don't discount he 'could' be gay, not that it matters to me. Sexual orientation is really harder to discern in people than some people think and gay or straight people don't always display their sexuality in how they dress or talk. There are men who are very 'luxurious' in demeanor and take a lot of time fancying themselves up etc that are not gay. He approaches me as more a decadent, extravagant person, perhaps from a noble background, and he's used to getting what he wants, so in the end, I tend to think of him as not gay but don't rule out that he could be, because he seems the sort that could get what he wants either way. His appearance just isn't enough to me to decide.

18. Cherry Pie Pwns Gummi Ship Junkie

I haven't seen him kiss another guy yet, so I don't think he's gay. (Or I might have, but that was in fanart. XD) Maybe he just got stuck with that power cause no one else wanted it. That or none of them can choose their power/weapon and whatnot. Either way, I don't think he had much of a choice in the matter.

19. Sui_Caedere Traverse Town Homebody

Were does all that information come from? Do you have it?

Just curious =P

About the topic... does it matter? He can't feel love and he can't desire sex so... is irrelevant...

20. Repliku Chaser

Nomura said it in one of his interviews. It's somewhere noted on the site here and elsewhere.