Kingdom Hearts So, Jafar wishes for the Genie to kill Sora...

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Mama-mia, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Mama-mia Merlin's Housekeeper

But Genie has 3 rules. He can't kill, can't make someone fall in love with another, and can't bring back the dead. I remember Jafar trying to use Genie to kill Aladdin in the movie, and Genie telling him he can't. I realize the continuity's a little different, but the same thing happens here and somehow Genie suddenly has to kill Sora and friends. It makes no sense.

2. Krowley Moderator

I believe his exact words were "Crush them."
    Also the 3 rules weren't ever explained in the game. I guess they just chose to do it this way to give Jafar an extra edge.

3. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

On your point about the movie, Jafar never directly tells Genie to kill Aladdin. His three wishes are to become Sultan, become the most powerful sorcerer in the world, then into a Genie himself. Jafar is the one who blasts him to random snowy place for instance, 9-iron style.

In the game Jafar wishing for Genie to kill them would be against the rules, but he says "Crush Them". So technically Genie could injure them a great deal by...well crushing them, without actually killing them(it's not like Genie did much attacking in that fight anyways).
    Also as Krowley said the rules were never spelled out in the game.

4. Misty gimme kiss

As others have said, Jafar merely said "crush them." He was probably looking for Genie to weaken or distract Sora & co., and planned to deal the finishing blow himself--likely due in equal parts to ego and Genie's rules.

5. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I'd like to point out a quote from the second movie "You'd be surprised what you can live through" in which Jafar as a Genie attacked Aladdin and co, showing that Genies can attack people

6. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I believe Genie just needed to attack Sora and company, but he can't kill them. Just take a little of damage, and HP balls flies when he attacks you.

7. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

I noticed this too. You know what else is weird? After Jafar becomes a Genie himself he's also capable of killing you...

8. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

As mentioned before, Jafar said "Crush them". My thought on that was that Genie would crush their arms and legs. Not only would that be survivable, it's also extremely painful and pretty much destroys any chance Sora & co. have of stopping Jafar.

9. UltimaKeybladeMaster Merlin's Housekeeper

Like Loxare said, but he never said kill them besides in the movie.