Shooting in Virginia

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Roxas is Hot, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18134671/?GT1=9246

They say this is the worst shooting for Universities in the U.S.

Your thoughts?

2. Pure Beats~ Chaser

I find it awful...I mean, why would someone do this? It's just so wrong....I thought that America was supposed to be a safe place...appearantly we were wrong.

When I heard this earlier today, I was reminded of what happened last year, with the Amish school when the all the girls were shot....it's just awful...

I just get this feeling that America will never be the same again...it's dreadful and it's not safe...

3. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

Opinions on this? Where to even begin?

"Disturbing" is the first word that popped into my head. Disturbing and sick. What could make a person want to kill not only 30+ students, but himself as well? Revenge? Power? All seem to be moot points when he himself is dead. Was he shot by law enforcement, or did he commit suicide? What was this b*stard trying to accomplish?

However, I doubt it was terrorism. This was yet another act of violence against our country, but it wasn't terrorists. All this tragic incident served to accomplish was mass murder without making any kind of public point.

4. EvilMan_89 Code Master

WTH is wrong with these ppl? just becuz their life sucks doesn't give them the rite to go around killing ppl. even if they teased him, it doesn't make it even. but i wonder how that person died? his face was disfigured? did someone kill him?

5. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Things like this are tragic...

We go to school to learn, not fear we're going to die. Apparently it doesn't make a difference the level of education. High school, Junior High, college...what next? Elementary school students or daycare bringing guns in their Hello Kitty backpacks?

I highly doubt it was an act of terrorism, but you never know now adays.

6. EvilMan_89 Code Master

actually, in my area, elementary school kids got arrested for doing drugs. WTH is going on?

7. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

Dude...that's messed up.

I agree with everyone else. This is seriously tragic, and just because the guy was supposed to be "having troubles with his girlfriend" doesn't mean he goes and shoots 33 innocent students for the hell of it. That guy was just was filled with a bunch of BS.

8. Pure Beats~ Chaser

I agree...just because he is having dificulties doesn't mean he can take his anger on someone else by shooting them! It's just...not right...

9. EvilMan_89 Code Master

wat? THAT is the reason he did all this? WTH did those other ppl have to do with that?! stupid jacka**

10. Pure Beats~ Chaser

Now...that's just messed up...sad, but messed up...life is never going to be the same again...it just gets worse and worse...

11. Yozora Archer

Wow I heard of this. My friend went there and said that he saw a guy in a window holding a gun...he was pointing at him but luckily I polled him out. This is wrong.

12. EvilMan_89 Code Master

sad part is....anyone can do this if they really wanted to, there's really no way to stop them all

13. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

That is, sadly, true. There's nothing that would prevent such an occurance from happening in any of the preschools all the way up to my high school in my area. Not too long ago, some kid at my school was arrested for attempting to sell a pistol to another student... the only way the police even knew about it was that the kid had stolen the weapon from his parents, and they had filed a report with law enforcement about the stolen gun.

14. TwilightDragon Merlin's Housekeeper

I heard about this on the news. Someone says it may have been an Asian. They also said that a lot of the people were scared. One group barred the door with the teacher's desk. If they hadn't... then they would all be dead. 0.o It's scary thinking about it.

15. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Wow... did anyone hear those 2 kid's stories on NBC Nightly News? It must of been a fearful experience to go through that...

16. Sorafan60 Gummi Ship Junkie

I just heard this on the way home from school, and it's most definetly all over the news. Why in the world would somebody kill somebody, especially 31?!?!?!?!? I would never ever in my life do that. I find it sickening, and that person just, ugh, should've gone to like a psychologist or asylum or something like that. :mad:

17. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

I heard that as well; that he was Asian, I mean. I heard from my father that he might have been Chinese. I suppose that's one "bright" thing (not that there's really something positive) that can be taken out of this; had it been someone of Middle Eastern descent, we would have seen even more racial profiling.

18. TwilightDragon Merlin's Housekeeper

That's what's weird. It's just that everything seems to be falling into place. I looked it up, and it said they think that the guy was asian. But... it still is freaky. But... why the heck would someone do that?!?!?!?!?!?!

19. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Yeah, the two kids described him as a 6 foot asian guy with two 9 MM hand guns. He also was wearing a jacket filled with ammunition so he could easily reload.

20. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

All that over "girlfriend trouble"? Seems something's a little off to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.