~shadowjak's semi-official 'Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer' review

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by DigitalAtlas, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I must say it, it was awesome. This review will contain spoilers(hey, a time when spoiler tags would be useful).

Plot: I went into this movie and thought I knew exactly what was going to happen and that I wouldn't enjoy it too much because I figured out the plot before I actually saw the movie... Man, was I wrong. My theories about the movie were completely off, I thought the Surfer would be going from planet to planet trying to save them from being destroyed, because you know, he's a HERO not a vilain. But I was surprised to find out he was working with the Planet Eating thing... The plot was a bit cliche'd I must say and it became alittle preidctable. However, their were a few things that happened I didn't expect. What are they? Not saying, I want you to be surprised too... I think the plot gets an 8/10 for being good but alittle predictable and cliched.

Characters: We all know The Thing, Mr Fantastic, The Human Torch, and Invisible Woman. However, there characters were different in this it seemed. Alot of there personalites showed development, and I thought it was good. We saw more of there personalities in this than in the first one, and as I siad, it was done well. The Surfer's characterisation was definitely done the best, they made him a mysteriuos evil, I like that. And then maknig him into what he was at the end, it was done very fell. Characters and Character development gets 9/10, good, but not great.

Humor: We all know by now that Fantastic 4 movies are definitely going to be fileld with humor, to the point it gets it's own small section. The humor was definitely well placed and it was actually humorous(unlike certain Spider-Man 3 humor...). It was done more than by Johhny Storm, it seemed everyone made a pun or two in this, though Johnny's was still the best... The comic relief near the end was done well IMO. It made me forget about the plot for a moment. Humor, 10/10.

Action: I'm not even going to attempt to describe it, all I can say is there were parts where I turned to the persom next to me and said, "Now that was cool." It was done very well, but not as good as Spider-Man. And since I know they had the capabilites to make it better, it must be downgraded despite how awesome it was. 8/10.

Overall(not an average): Overall I give the movie a 9/10. It's definitely a must see. It kept my attention the whole time(and anyone who knows me knows that's a tough task) and the action was just plain awesome.

There it is... I should get my own column for these, lol.

2. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Thats good to hear it's good. I'm seeing it tommorow. I reframed from reading past the first paragraph. But by saying it's awesome is a good sign. ^_^

3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

The first paragraph is the one with the most spoilers, lol

4. Darkandroid Gets it Together

The part above that. XD

Well I saw the film and it was better than the first one. Though not the best Marvel movie. Humour is good though the plot is a bit thin. But the characters are varied and interesting. And the action scenes were good but nothing exceptional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.