Scared

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Near-to-Tears, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

This must sound so stupid... But it's really getting to me now ._.

For the last three or four weeks now I've been terrified. Not of something specific, not of someone. Just scared out of my mind. I've been thinking about death a lot, and not in a fun way. In a harsh, cold and far too real way. Nothing tragic has happened to make me think like that. I just am.

I'm convinced that aliens are going to attack and kill us all, or that there's going to be some huge pandemic that wipes us all out or that there's a pyschopathic murderer planning to kill everyone in my town. I'm sick of it, I can't sleep well, I can't sleep with the light off. Every thing I hear is something sinister, just hearing a train pass makes me crap myself... It's driving me mad.

Nothing I do seems to be able to calm me down for a long time. I can't forget it and I can't ignore it I'm that scared...

I hope I'm just being silly, but honestly I'm terrified all the time. My pulse is racing every moment of everyday. I feel nausious from fear and I just can't stop thinking like that once the sun goes down ._.

So if anyone has any advice it would be very appreicated...

2. robert the yogurt Traverse Town Homebody

Hey there. That is something hard to get rid of. I am thinking maybe you should see a phyciatrist(sp?) I am NOT saying you are crazy but I think maybe you SHOULD see somebody that MIGHT be able to take these thoughts away by talking to you in person. If you don't want to do that try just surfing the web to see if anybody has gotten over the same sort of thing as you are suffering and seek how they got over it. I am really sorry for the lack of advice but thats all I can give.

3. Juicy Chaser

Gah, yes, I know someone like you. It's paranoia... kind of. Have you told anyone IRL about it? Telling someone about it might help you with dealing with it.

You should start doing more positive things in life, and try not to dwell upon those dark thoughts. You'll start thinking more positively about things. :3

Sorry if my advice sucks.

4. Destined Working for WDW

I think that this is something that needs to be dicusses with others in real life that can help you. We can only give you encouragement of advice, but we can't help you any more than that. Tell your parents. It sounds like paranoia, but i'm not a shrink. MY first impression is that there is something that is triggering this or that there is an underlying problem.

Talk to someone about this Demi.

5. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

I've heard about this kind of thing before. They're kind of like panic attacks. You probably should see a physciatrist (sp). There's no shame in needing help with something.

6. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

The best thing to do is think positive and talk to someone about it.

7. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

I have mentioned this to people I know IRL, but they either end up talking to me about the very things that are scaring me or they laugh and tell me I'm being very stupid, which is my parents stance on it. Which I'm pretty certain I am being, but it's just... I can't shake the feeling ><

8. Chevalier Crystal Princess

if your parents laugh at this.

you NEED to talk to someone like your school's counseller.

and also look through the internet to see similar cases, in wich case you can show to your parents as proof.

i feel bad that your parents are thinking like that.

if you need to talk to them, make yourself sound as serious as possible so they truly understand that it IS a serious matter.

9. Sky fox099 Destiny Islands Resident

Check urself into a mental hospital. (Just kiddin.) But if you want to do something about it When ever you think of it try remembereing something happy that u recently did. Think of one of ur best friends, or a pet that u love playing with. Stop thinking about everything bad. get everything bad out of your mind. Do yoga or something to relax yourself

10. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

I've never been too good with asking for help from people. In all honesty I posted this because I just couldn't think of anywhere else to turn to ><
    My parents don't like mock me, they just can't really help because it is in my head...

Me and my friends recently had a falling out so if I think about the one I'm still friends with I end up thinking about the other, and I don't have any pets. So the number of good things I can think of are kinda down...

11. Fallout Gummi Ship Junkie

You just gotta sit yourself down and say 'aliens aren't real' and 'this is my mind trying to make me scared'.

Your mind is finding things to be scary. They're not really scary, but your mind is wanting them to be.

12. godzilla3456 Gummi Ship Junkie

I had this problem too. It's scary. Just find out how everything won't happen. Like the aliens; there is no proof of any form of life from another planet that could harm anyone.

Pandemic; Look at the bird flu, it barely got passed Asia, all you have to worry about is STDs, but when you decide its time, get your lover and you checked out.

Pyschopathic Murderer; Ok if he had a gun = loud everyone will hear, before you go to bed make sure everything is locked up and you will be fine...

And stop watching CSI, Medical shows, horror movies, alien shows, and most of all the History channel

13. Bond of Flame I'm an alien