running away

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by jettie, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

it is something i have thought about for a couple years. every time something happens, it comes in my thoughts about once a day. it is such a depressing thought, but is something i can't stop thinking about. i packed a backpack like a year ago for it. it had all the things i thought for importance. it had hours planned into it. most of the time when something happens i go in my room, and i look at it. everything is planned inside it and inside me. but there is always something holding me back. not that i want help running away i just want to not think about it anymore. i've never told anyone about this. but i've been thinking about it so much more the last few days. nothing seems to take my mind off of the thought.

2. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Folk that run away generally return home. I'm not sayin' everyone does that, cause i know of some that don't. If you did run away, where would you go, n' what would you do? Personally, runnin' away isn't worth it. You could perhaps go stay with a friend or other relative until thin's settle when they start to get at you. At least you would be safe n' in company of someone that cared for you.

3. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I had those feelings too but a lot of people have them, you should be thankful you have food givin to you, a home.....and Internet

4. Doukuro Chaser

Be thankful for what you have... I think about running away daily but you've gotta find something to keep you there. Think about loved ones and the fact when you're old enough you can live on your own

5. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

i planned all of that to. and yes i would come back soon was one of my plans

ya i know but my mom is supposed to be a loved one but she well is not acting loving right now...

6. zexionXienzo6 Traverse Town Homebody

yeah... my ma and i just got into a fight like just now and i pretty much hate her for it but every time i think about running away it's like running away from my problems and that usually never solves anything. You should talk about how you're feeling to your mom or something... also i always think: If I ran away... where would i go? What would I do... I wouldnt have the comfort of home and i'd probably regret it... but you may feel stronger about it than i do. All I'm saying is... I wouldn't run away cus there's no where for me 2 go and nothingfor me to do... just think about the negative aspects of running away.

7. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

i just had a fight with my mom, i don't talk durring or after them. i just hold it all in and try not to cry. i'm starting to cry thinking about it. she is the only one home, that is the comfort often.

8. Repliku Chaser

I actually left home at 13 and 16 because of child abuse and hating my living circumstances. Unless things are really bad, running away really is not the answer. There is too much going on outside of the home in the really real world and it's not too friendly out there. The best thing you can do really is to come to terms with your situation and realize that when you are old enough, freedom will be yours.

How old are you now? Think that in a few years you'll be done with high school etc and be out of there. The instability is not worth it. Also, if you now have some things, think how unpredictable stuff will be if you just leave. I know it's rough to think about a time when you don't have to deal with the pain you have now, but that time will come. Are you being abused or harmed? What makes you particularly want to run off? If you really do decide though to run off, you would do yourself well to make sure that you have some place to actually go to so you aren't wandering the streets. Quite a few places have curfews and such and being homeless...that would suck. School is coming back soon so perhaps getting out of the home more will be possible and help quell some of these feelings.

9. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

i'm not physically harmed, no. just hate being screamed and picked on every day by my mom. yes i have thought about the curfews. why would i wonder the streets? they would take me back if i was found, well by some people. i'm 16. i was supposed to start a school activity in like a couple days but mom won't let me now.

10. Repliku Chaser

Wait till tomorrow and ask her again. You have two days and possibly you can convince her. If she's just nagging you, then try to cope with it. You don't have too much longer to have to hear it if you think on it. 2 years isn't that far away. I do think though you need more time away possibly from her and to do things constructive for yourself. Maybe find some hobbies and just make sure to do the chores you might have to do and get them over with early so you don't encourage certain things.

Some parents just are excellent naggers. Your life though is important and maybe you can see on doing some things like can you by any chance sleep over someone's house now and then to get out? Or just take some walks or something to get you out of the house a bit more? Seems like you are tired of being couped up and some fresh air while not running away might be an option if you can swing it.

11. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

ask her what? about the school thing? it is not nagging i know when it is just nagging. i'm not aloud of the house. i'm grounded. constructive for myself?

12. Repliku Chaser

So you are grounded...so you want to run away? ... Ok. So if you messed up, why is it such a desire to get out of being grounded? How long is it for?

13. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

it is only for 2 more weeks. it is not the fact i'm grounded that is why i want to run away. i just wanna be left alone i guess... it is a build up of things and emotions. i know if i get caught life will be worse. but i just well it is what u said, i need to get away from her but i don't know how...

14. Tora-chan Traverse Town Homebody

Hey jettie, i don't think you should run away. There may be a few reasons for it, but there are a lot of negative things that could come with it. Planning it in a lot of detail won't really help you to stop thinking about it. It's kinda cool though that you can come out about this, because a lot of people don't. I don't know how much help I can be, but i really hope this all works out for you.
    *hug*

15. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

it't took me like 4 years to come out with it...and only on the internet with no one i know physically. i'm gunna try what repliku said. if that fails i'm starting over.

16. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Don't run away, it doesn't really solve anything except showing you how real life is when you are all alone. When I was young, I did the same thing. I had it all planned out, and everything packed. I never liked my mum, I'm not really going into it more then she screamed at me everyday, hits, scratches, told me to go behind my dad's car (which I did, 'cause I was young n' terrified of my mum, so thank god my dad heard her and the whole kit and kaboodle, at least I live with my dad now.

I never did run away, but now that I'm older, and even though I'm only thirteen, I've seen a bigger reality of living on your own in life. Please don't. I understand what you are feeling.​

17. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

i had my dad over hear to, he was like a savior in a way. but now he is gone almost all the time. and mom is just is getting worse every day.

18. Shuhbooty moon child

D:

I've felt that way so many times, and still do. When you really sit down and THINK of the reason on why you want to run.. and then you think of all the good things in your life.. you change you mind. 'Cause you know that it's just a small issue.. that makes you fell that way... there are small speed bumps in our life and we shouldn't take them seriously... because in the end we forget it ever happened and move on to the positive side of life.

And thnik about all the people you left behind... thinking about you, worrying about you.. there all hurting inside because of there mistakes they mad, they take in everything they think made you go and blame themselves.

Always think positive, never look back on the past and look forward. There's always a light there for you. :3

19. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

but they would all move on to the positive side of life afterwards. maby i just want mom to realize what she is doing. she will think of everything wrong, if i leave her behind. i just don't know...

20. Shuhbooty moon child

Wait, no that wasn't where I wanted to go. Have you ever thought of confronting you mother? And just letting it all out? It feels good afterwards. Me and my dad...we'd have our fights and I'd yell at him, letting him feel all the pain I've held back. And then he'd understand later on.. when he thinks about everything I've yelled at him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.