Robbers and such

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by tSG1, Sep 10, 2009.

1. tSG1 Chaser

Just now, my maid was attack by two guys on a motorcycle with a long BIG knife. Luckily, the my aunts maid was there, and was loud enough to attract atttention, so she escaped unscathed.

Scary things.

Do these sort of things happen in your neighborhood?

Discuss.

2. childofturin Why?

I live in middle-class suburbia. The most we've ever had to worry about is little kids coming into our backyard and going through our shed.

Although, several years ago (over a decade, I think), when we were living in Illinois, some guy smashed our kitchen window and snatched my mom's purse while we were sleeping. Apparently, my mom slept with a very large knife near her bed for years afterward.

But yea, that's the worst that's ever happened to us.

3. Always Dance Chaser

Nothing bad happens here, its practically hicktown. Although my dog did die mysteriously, and he was pretty far from our house when it happened. It makes me wonder if the neighbor kids just got tired of him barking and poisoned his food or something.

Also, one time while my mom was at a party(in this same city), someone smashed the window of her car and stole her purse.

4. Inasuma "pumpkin"

It happens in my city constantly. I wish my roommates would learn how to lock the doors. lol

And really, this kind of thing is to be expected. If you have a mansion (example) with tons of stuff in it like citizen Kane, then yeah, you better expect a robbing or two. Especially if you're at a differential advantage in terms of money. It doesn't need to be a mansion, but if you "have more," is what I mean.

Or it's a behavior out of coveting and psychological need, whether because you have less or not, for whatever reason.

5. xXRhian+RoxasXx Gummi Ship Junkie

Nothing too bad happens around here. We get gangs hanging around and such but nothing really bad.

One time though, some gangsters froze a water ballon and chucked it at our windows. One smashed from the ice ballon and the others smashed from the after-impact. Running off, they shouted - "SERVES YOU RIGHT YOU F*CKING POSH GITS!!!" We had to have a boarded up front windows for 3 months.....

The only reason people think my family is posh is because of my north and south accent (I say things like i'm from north of england and south) and that I say different things. Like, mum - mother. Dad - father. Sister - Sibling. On the other hand - On the contrary. Its just stupid how they smashed our windows just because of how we speak.

6. krayzie Ruthless Villain

yeah once people robbed what was inside my dads car
    they jammed the key lock too
    but those idiots only found a phone that was really old and he barely used
    and a couple of bucks worth of change that was layin there but
    we had over $240 of change under the seat and in the door that we cashed the very next day
    thing is that when the door is opened the lights go on so they got scarred and rushed and missed the big price lol

thats really messed up and racist of them

7. Stardust Chaser

Lol I love how you guys are all, "Oh, nothing too bad, someone just smashed our windows and stole my mom's purse..." xD

Worst I've ever had is someone stole my bike from the driveway and when we moved, the movers we hired stole some electronics from us. Oh, and my house was teepeed once.

8. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
    Since I moved I've had much more freedom. In my old house the house next door got robbed because they let strangers into their house. My other next door neighbor (a nice elderly man) went to go untie my other neighbors.

The neighbors that let strangers into their house played loud music all of the time, shot a rocket in my bedroom window, and would throw things over the brick wall dividing our house from theirs. Worst neighbors ever.

9. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

yikes thats scary... umm no that stuff doesnt happen cause im stuck in messed up utah... but when i lived in cali we had issues like that every night. very frightening stuffs

10. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

We've had a few break-ins during period of time in our neighborhood last year. Our neighbors got robbed and ppl had attempted to rob us. We even installed security camera's. And we caught them speaking near the camera on a day that one of our screen windows was cut and my sister's bike was halfway through it. Luckily our friend lent us their dog which looked like a bear for protection.

WTF?

11. tSG1 Chaser

I wtf'ed too.

I forgot to mention that there's been this old stalker lady who appears pretty reguarly outside our home. But my mom thinks she's mentally unstable, and that she has some connections with one of the neighbors.

12. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

I've never been robbed, but my friend has had her house broken into. She has tons of stealable stuff, but nothing was taken.

13. Mr. Pumpkin Hollow Bastion Committee

I have lived in Amsterdam for 15 years, in a neighbourhood called the "Bijlmer", and it's actually famous here in the Netherlands for the crime rates.
    We lived in a fairly quiet part of this neighbourhood, but I, and my family have dealt with alot of crime actually. It wasn't very big, so the parts that were dangerous, were very close to my neighbourhood, and I have been there alot because alot of my friends lived there.

- My mom was almost stabbed by someone when she was pregnant of me (about 6 months or so).
    The guy broke in and wanted to steal stuff, and my mom went downstairs because she heared something.
    The guy had a knife, but decided to flee through the window when he saw her.

- I once got some food at a supermarket, and while I was looking for something, a guy with a gun got in and shot someone in the leg that was working there, and shot another guy trying to help him in the chest.
    Then he ran. He had a hood on and wore sunglasses and a scarf on his mouth so you couldn't see him.
    I was standing a meter or so away from the guy who got shot in the chest.
    He didn't survive it.

- I got threatened about 11 times, 1 times by someone I knew but didn't recognise me lol. He apologised and walked to the next person.

- Once I was chilling with a couple of friends when a little van crashed in to a ATM, and a 2 guys jumped out of the van, and started to grab the money that was in there. It was in the middle of the day. I actually laughed because the cops where there within a couple of minutes and they ran before they got any money lol.

- I have been stabbed in the leg once and got gun threatened by some guy which I had a fight a couple of days earlier.

I can go on with stories forever, since alot of my friends were criminals or thieves (I saw them change in the couple of years I knew them. Even though I have moved I still go to them sometimes because they are still my friends. These people are not older than 18, it's actually very sad.) I have moved now to a quiet wealthy town.

I have never stolen anything nor wounded anyone with a knife or something.
    I only fought a couple of times lol