Video pwilliard got suspended from YouTube!

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by guardiansoulblade, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guardiansoulblade Destiny Islands Resident

I was shocked, I couldn't believe it, I wonder if it was the Skillet videos. ARG!

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Yeah, I heard about that awhile ago. I did learn that he did have a back up account thought if something like this happened.

3. guardiansoulblade Destiny Islands Resident

I took off all my Skillet vids so if they want to suspend me, they'll have to get me on a different song. What's his backup account name?

4. GREE06 Traverse Town Homebody

That is bull. This sucks, he made awesome vids and gets suspended. Why can't they do this to the jerks who only get an account to insult peoples videos?

5. Azure Flame Banned

Youtube has become an AMV maker's nightmare. Most of the AMV's I've put up have been taken down because of the songs, even after they've been up for months or even a year! Youtube has just become too strict.

6. Krowley Moderator

noooo >_<

And yes, youtube is all copyright infridgement now.
    I dont even use it anymore. I use metacafe or something less critical when it comes to making a fanmade video -_-

7. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

youtube=dictatorship, and that means they would shoot us for lunch, then bury us for dinner, and sleep like a baby. No offense to any actual dictators around here >>

I had a backup account, but it was deleted about a month or so ago, and i have one more chance before this account is deleted. I'm just gonna start posting the videos elsewhere, its not even worth it anymore.

8. Hayabusa Venomous

My question: WHO CARES?

There are loads of better editors than Paul who continue to go unnoticed while he and a few other people that I won't mention are praised for pretty much using the same video style over and over again.

Consider this a chance to see more creative editing.

9. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

Aw man, why do all the people I subscribe to get suspended?!?!? Damn Youtube... I think they want us all to die of boredom...

10. Maka Albarn It's called love

HayabusaZeroZ is right. True, it's sad that pwillard's account has been demolished thanks to YouTube, but out of the ashes rises a new star, right? Those who seen pwillard's videos probably got inspiration to do better. I dunno how long they'll last, seeing that YouTube recently became like a battle feild for AMV makers, but it'll be nice to see a new video editor(s) step up in place.

11. Dark Link Banned

my account got deleted because my AMVs were breaking the copyright laws

12. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

Nobody actually cares.

He's just the most known on the KH video editors, but not the best.
    There are a lot of people that are better at video editing than him.
    No, I'm not saying he's not good at editing.

And besides, it's youtube. Copyrighted stuff get deleted because it's copyrighted. Youtube isn't a good place for AMV makers.

._.

13. lexamus Twilight Town Denizen

grrr...youtube already took down 2 of my videos...I hate youtube!!!

14. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

The cool person who makes all my favorite KH AMV's????? xDDDDD

15. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
    It's kind of strange that we all hate youtube but still use it.

If we don't like it that much we should use the video portal here or another site. I say I'll help another site get famous that's not trying to get rich quick by shutting down all of it's "faithful" users.

Although I think copyright laws need to be changed. It's not like we're saying that the songs or clips we use are ours. In fact we're kind of publicizing them because if someone likes the song then they'll buy it.

16. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

Exactly. I've bought so many songs because I heard them in an AMV and had to have them. It's so idiotic, if we say it's not ours, and it's giving the artist (and the shows/games) some publicity, then what's the big deal?? If they take down all the videos, then people will have less of a chance of hearing their songs/wanting to watch their shows/wanting to play their games.

Sigh~

17. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

I agree, there are actually a lot of sites that hosts AMVs.

But people don't usually use the User Portal because not much people go there nowadays. Youtube is pretty much very famous, I guess that's why. For now, the KH-Vids User Portal is a place for high quality.

I agree. (Like everyone would.)

._.

18. Stardust Chaser

Hate to rain on the parade but I think the issue is that they want people to buy their songs instead of just stream them over YouTube.

Being able to stream it is almost the same as illegally downloading it. You get to listen to music without paying for it, after all.
    Although I will say that streaming is more tedious and requires a connection to the web at all times, but that's the only thing that differentiates the two and quite frankly, it's a fine line.

I do agree that the copyright laws need to be changed, though. With the advent of the internet, writable CDs, etc. the copyright laws as we know them became practically useless, so they should loosen up =/. There's waaay too much piracy going on for companies to even dream of getting it under control at this point, lest they erase the entire internet.

19. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

Yeah, I know you're right, but isn't there a way they could just make it so you can't stream the songs off of Youtube without having to resort to deleting the videos? I'm sure there's a way they could do that... right?

Also, if iTunes actually sold the songs I want, then I wouldn't have to get stuff off of Youtube (I actually WOULD buy them if they were offered. But a lot of the time the selection on iTunes sucks. A lot.)

20. Stardust Chaser

Well yes, but haven't they tried remedies like that? They often mute audio and keep the videos up, after all. It irritates us just as much. I've also seen them put ads on videos with links to Amazon MP3 and iTunes to purchase some songs. The fact is, people aren't going to buy things when they're available free. The only way I can see YouTube controlling song streaming is if they mute video until you make a purchase of the song, which would be documented in your account and allow you to watch/post any streaming media with that song.

IMO what we really need is some sort of compromise between company and consumer that allows us to use their media however we like. The way I see it, if they release a song or something then they should be aware that it will be subject to things like fan-made videos and whatnot. But that's way too idealistic and companies are all about money -- they would never make such a compromise. Or at least, I can't see them doing it anytime soon.

I feel your pain with iTunes though (even though my computer sucks and won't let me connect to iTunes at all anymore...). Their selection is pretty limited =/.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.