Public Inquest into Diana's Death and Memorial Thread

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Patsy Stone, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Link to BBC story with links to other sections relevant to Diana.

Ten years overdue, but finally started. Eleven ordinary people make up the jury in the inquest into Diana's death. They will be going over any and all conspiracy theories that have arisen over the intervening years. I think the saddest picture or at least the one that stirs the most emotion is Diana's last recorded smile :'(.

[​IMG]

And this next picture shows the last picture of her alive, albeit the back of her head.

[​IMG]

I think it is so sad that one of the most compassionate people of our era was snatched away from us so brutally.

RIP Diana T_T

2. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

*prepares to get killed*

Diana was a good person sure, but people make her out to be some sort of god, I'm sorry to all those people who loved her, but she wasn't perfect, she messed up to, and in my cynical mind anyone with money and fame can help charities.

People lose family and friends every day, but never is the same outcry raised, she may have been a Princess but she was also a human, she was just a person.

Another point I would like to add,
    How the heck can these 11 people not have been influenced in any way by the media and all the controversy that has filled the news since the day she died?

It is very sad yes that she died, and I feel very sorry for her family, but I think she should be left to rest in peace now, instead of constantly being brought back to the forefront of everything.

I mean no offense to anyone at all, I am just stating my opinion. Sorry if I have offended anyone

3. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I know that, I do not consider her to be God-like, I was merely stating that of all the things she could have gone on to do after marrying the possible future King of the UK she decided to do charity work. She did do a lot of good work, but you are right nobody is perfect. That just goes to show that she is in fact a human being like the rest of us. Do you think she wanted to be considered all high and mighty? Mother Teresa gave her rosary beads, I doubt a person like Mother Teresa would give something like that lightly (Mother Teresa died a week after Diana T_T)

The jury have been told to ignore and forget all that they have heard over the ten years and concentrate only on what they hear on the courtroom. Do you really expect them to find ANYONE who was not the tiniest bit influenced over the years?

I agree, I think that really an inquest is actually unneccesary at this point. If it had been done at the sensible time, i.e. as close to teh event as possible, then it might have achieved something. The only reason it is happening is because Mr Mohamed Al Fayed, Dodi's father and owner of Harrod's, has been demanding it for years.

I also do not mean to offend anyone, especially not you CtR ^^

4. .Kairi. Kingdom Keeper

It's sad that she died, but they really should leave her be. It's been what, 10 years and they're still trying to prove or solve something? Let her rest in peace.

5. Repliku Chaser

I could -swear- I made a comment here last night/early this morning. I must have been really tired.

Any way, Diana was a good person and a positive role-model and despite all that had happened to her, she was doing many things to assist others. No, of course, she was not perfect as we humans just can never master the art of being that, but she did inspire and motivate others and was also a figure of grace and beauty. When you think about it, she added beauty back to the nobility in England because really...Prince Charles was U-uu-uu-ugly! Fergie also is a pretty woman and Diana's two sons fortunately inherited Di's looks more than Charles's. They needed these genetic improvements. Sorry for anyone I so likely offended there. It was a joke =:( but who hasn't thought it? Sorry!

I do worry, if there is no real evidence at all for this kind of thing, why there is going to be this full blown investigation. If the conspiracy theories held any water at all, I could see it, but as far as I know it was a tragic accident concerning a driver that was a bit too drunk and some nasty paparazzi morons that would not back the heck off the poor woman. They are drudging up a lot of pain for people in doing this so if it's all for nothing but a bunch of whispers and rumors, it's not worth it. If there are valid reasons, then sure, but I have not myself been privy to anything above info that I have heard about which is pretty much heresy.

[​IMG]

6. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I never knew Diana personaly or much of the work she did, because over the years the media have brough up her ghost time and time again, we have many people today who have done great services to humanity and the earth, the only reason she is being told aout over and over again is becuase she was royalty, a normal man or woman would have been forgotten by now, she should be left alone, she can not rest in peace if she is brought up over and over, finding evidence 10 years later is no good, its the only thing kepping her story alive, the fact they find a bit more evidence. Let her die peacefully, go to the next person to change the world, stick with the present not the past.

7. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

The thing is they haven't found any new evidence, it has just taken 10 years for Mr Al Fayed to get his inquest. He is convinced his son was mudered, and by extension Diana. I also think they should drop it, dragging it all up again isn't going to help anyone. It won't bring her back and it won't make her sons feel any better.

And on the subject of her sons, William (the elder son) and his ex-girlfriend were "aggresively chased" by paparazzi in cars. I think it was very poor timing on their part, it draws too many parallels with their mothers death. I think papparazi should be banned >_> Official photographs are all that is needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.