Prove it.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by jafar, Jan 4, 2009.

1. jafar custom title

Prove God exists.

2. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

I have my popcorn ready for this one.

3. Scott Pilgrim Banned

We cannot prove God or any kind of God exists. I have a question for you though. Prove God doesn't exist? Also, what created the universe?

This'll be fun.

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Agreed. I'm turning off the lights, sitting back, and watching.

5. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

Agreed, prove he doesn't exist, we'll see how he exists and doesn't exist at the same time. Tell me, who can prove that he's both like a big bang and a non-big bang?

6. ~_*_~Kairi-chan~_*_~ Merlin's Housekeeper

7. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

I, personally, do not believe in the notion of any god (though I have been looking into Greek "mythology"). I believe this because I simply do not like the idea of someone (or something) watching over me. I like to take care of myself and make my own life. But to PROVE that God, or any god, does not exist is a very hard thing to do. I'm a scientific person, so that adds to my "non-belief." I say, "If science can't prove it, it's not real." But that's just me. ^^

8. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

All right, so you're saying that a big bang was created? Well, who created the big bang then, it just didn't create itself, not alone anyway. Someone or Something needed to make the big bang.

9. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

evolution
    everyone.says.evolution.created.it.in.appose.to.god

10. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

I agreed that something had to creat the Big Bang, and I'm sure that some freakishly smart scientist will figure it out eventually. I'd do it myself, but my goal is the entertainment industry.

11. ◄Slip► 1st Class Coder

Lol like it going 2 be a big movie xD
    U Made me Crack-up when u said that.
    So this Discussion looks like a long 100 replies

12. .:BookWorm:. Destiny Islands Resident

I don't think anyone could really prove if there is or isn't a God because everyone has different beliefs. O_o

13. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Okay, Greek mythology is outdated and is obviously proven false. There are no "gods", but there could be an actual giant spiritual being with no soul, no humanly bonds or attachments, and no sort of body. think that a being created the spark that created the Big Bang.

14. jafar custom title

Entity, please don't turn this thread around. It seems that you believe in a god, so instead of attacking those who don't, would you care to prove the existance of a god?

15. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Evolution is a theory, not the creation of the world.

16. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Oh hello Mr Know it all, please explain to me how Greek Mythology is outdated and PROVEN false? Legends and myths have to start somewhere.

Even stories in the Bible have some element of truth in them.

If you believe that it is possible for some giant spiritual being thing, then why not "gods"?

I can't prove what exists and what doesn't, but neither can anyone.

This one should be interesting.

17. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

Hmm, all right. Well, suppose we see the big bang as god, what made god really? Well, really, I don't know myself. *can't think* I want to think, but my brains getting a headache from all the noise and more noise is not gonna get me to think on this. But I do believe there is a god, and how in the world monkey's created us, I'll never know how that happened...so don't tell me what I should believe, it's not in me to be judged. All right...back on topic. For the most part, I say there is a god really, for one, what made the world flood? No rain or anything was proven to make the flood, so what made the flood...*can't think again* Okay, I really can't think on this...so I pretty much don't know what to think on this subject, everyone has a different belief.

18. jafar custom title

Well, how about your own belief?

19. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

Like I said, I believe something made us, but not a monkey.

20. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Very well, but I'l keep it short. Reminder: I am not an atheist.

This goes for Roman gods and paganism as well. In layman's terms, people got bored back then. People would entertain themselves with plays and storytellings. Stories from those such as Plato involved these Greek gods and the tales behind them. The people of all cultures either copied these origins, passed them on, or made them up. The fact is, these were the very first "theories" in the world. These theories explained the world's mysteries and origins so people believed them because they made sense. Now in these days, we have more relevant theories that can be proved through scientific processes which make more sense. The adventures Jesus cannot be proven true or false because it isn't nessesaraly out of hand, overstretched, or proven false like pagan gods, but some of the bible can be determined as false.