Obama Clinches the Nomination

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Repliku, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repliku Chaser

Today, just a few minutes ago, Obama got the required amount of votes to seal his nomination as the Democratic Primary victor. It remains to be seen what he will offer Hillary, if she will be on the ticket as VP or possibly he may offer her some other job that would give her more potential to do things. I think it might be a good idea either way since it appears so many people do like her and she did say she would support the decision today, even if over the last few days she has been rather turbulent and unpredictable.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/03/election.democrats/index.html

South Dakota was supposed to be where CNN and others projected by polls was a Hillary state but instead Obama took the lead and the vote at the current tally is he won 11 delegates to her 5 there and this is what gave him what he needed to clinch the vote. Montana is also voting and apparently Obama is favored there.

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i suppose i could vote democrat if they were going to be running the Whtie House TOGETHER. they suck seperately in my opinion. cuz well, Clinton has more experience but is a known liar and some ppl dont' like her, but Obama doesn't have much experience but he's a pretty good crowd pleaser.

3. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I never understood people's fixation with Obama. He's just an over hyped product that is destined to disappoint, not unlike the Wii. I mean he's obviously a smooth talker and a shmoozer just like Bill Clinton, but he doesn't get any of the flack for it. He isn't really anything special either. He's just your run of the mill megalomaniac politician. I only criticize him because he gets too much credit for what he is. Clinton may be no better, she may be way better, I don't know but they are really hard on her so I don't have to bother myself with it.

4. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i feel that way as well.

5. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

I think the reason people really like Barack Obama (people like me) is because he's "fresh". He's not some old-school, outdated politician. He's new, he's trying to bring something new to White House. He's not just the same old thing.
    And anyway, you pretty much need to be a megalomaniac to become a politician.

6. Fallout Gummi Ship Junkie

Obama is inspiring.

But, I hope some of you realize, he will be a 'noob' at being a President. xD (Seriously)

He doesn't have any idea what he is doing. He is all talk and, to be honest, if this is the first black president, it is a wasted title and he doesn't deserve it. I'm sure he is a good man, but he will not be, I do not believe, a good president.

If there is going to be a 'first black president', I wish it would be a better person and president than him. I'm all for a black president, but I want a good one.

7. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Thank god. >.>;

Obama is the best out of the top 3 (McCain, Hillary, etc). Even though I don't like him that much. =/

8. Repliku Chaser

He may be 'new' and not as experienced but he's smart and not chained to conventional thinking or held by a ton of lobbyist groups from corporations because he didn't accept donations from them. That in itself is refreshing for a candidate to do. If Obama chooses the right staff and they have integrity as he seems to, then although we have one helluva debt to catch and a lot of things to fix, I think he's the best one out of the three to handle it. Also, people overseas seem to like him more because he's willing to 'talk' instead of just go to war which makes a difference too. It would be nice for the world to stop thinking all we put in office are cowboys and outdated stuffy people.

Really if he's smart he will choose a great cabinet to fill in the gaps of his knowledge. He's well rounded himself but I view him as kind of the Jack of all trades deal where he knows a variety of things but might only be excelled in a few of them. I have hopes because he's a lot more open minded than many of the others and rational so he can learn quick. People like to say he's just all talk but there is wisdom behind the words and I don't think he's going to be a 'super president' but he's certainly better than the other options. Though I have to say I don't really fear McCain either, though I don't like some of his platforms.

Some of Hillary's supporters truly were rather frightening with how they were griping that he was a black man (he's mixed like so many others in this country), he's Muslim (which he isn't), and other stuff. When you hear old ladies saying he's 'colored' which no one uses anymore, it's time to stop supporting the stupid people. Also, I haven't seen where he's so much more 'liberal' than Hillary's viewpoints as most of their platforms were rather identical.

9. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I disagree. Though I respect that many see Obama's new, hope and change based speeches as inspirational, logical or for any reason persuasive, I still do not believe that he has what it takes. Honestly we weren't given a great pick this time around, I myself am not sure who would be best to go with but I'm sure that Obama is certainly not what he's cracked up to be. In my experiences his speeches have been nothing but deflecting questions and trying to tear down other candidates, just like all of them. He's really no different from the white old men that have been elected thus far, he's just as elitist as some of them and just as human, so he can in fact make mistakes. The attitude that he can do no wrong is annoying. He may be the best candidate but I still wouldn't support a guy like him based on his campaigning or his credentials.

10. Jayn

I guess I’m glad he won. But there’s still McCain, right? I really don’t like any of them. McCain is too old, Hilary seemed really desperate, and Obama…There’s a bunch of rumors and hate going around about him. He also came out of no where (though I hear he’s been involved with politics for a while.) I don’t think he’ll be a very good president. ><;

11. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i dont' believe he has it either, in my opinion, his only skill is good speaking. that's pretty much it. and he's not even that good at it either. i do believe he's an overhyped product, i feel as though voting for him is taking a big chance and i really am not ready to take a chance. i'd rather vote for McCain even though he's just like Bush (yea yea, i expect to get barraged for this comment). i didn't like Hillary either, but that was just for personal reasons that really dont' matter.
    hmm, i dont' think you should hold that against him but that's just my opinion

anyways, Obama really is inexperienced, tha'ts why i don't support him. with Hillary's lies or not, she's still more qualified in my opinion but she really is displeasant. obama and hillary's views were so similar, i don't see why they didn't just run together to begin with. also, i feel as though people are blindly following him.

12. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

EvilMan_89's right on the age thing, I wouldn't try to say that is a nail in his campaign's coffin. Now I'll make with the barraging. I don't really think McCain is just like Bush, you know he still thinks torture is wrong (call me crazy but I respect that a bit), he used to be a better candidate in my eyes and I think he would've been better in 2000 than Bush, but that is a mot point at present. Anyways, I think either way it'll work out how it will, no amount of fighting over such a position will make a difference. The American golden age is over and we'll just have to see how things work, for better or worse.

13. EvilMan_89 Code Master

actually i agree with you again. i really dont' think the next candidate will do anything really. they all really seem in it just for themselves. in my opinion, the only issues that really need resolving are teh 2 wars which i believe are 2 issues that will resolve themselves over time. once those are out of the way, the fudning that's going into the wars will be diverted into something more useful and maybe the economy and gas prices will go back to what they used to be.

14. Jayn

It's just that...I mean, no offense, he just looks like he's gonna randomly fall over dead =/ that's not good at all...xD.
    I know that everyone around where I live is supported Obama...but only because he's black. They're comparing him with MLK and people like that, which is horrible. Obama didn't help stop segregation =3

15. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

He's not that old. He's still spry enough to sign a few papers and talk to other old men.

Next, I nearly laughed at this. I usually get white people for Obama black people against him in my area, that is of the two percent that cares. However the part I nearly laughed at is my friends frequent comparisons of Obama not to mister King but to Adolf Hitler, another charismatic and charming individual who also happened to be legally elected.

16. Jayn

Adolf Hitler?
    Huh...That's something to think about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.