No Thanks No more Rep...

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Wisdom Form Guy, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wisdom Form Guy Hollow Bastion Committee

Sorry if you re against me for this but it is just chaos.Wars of Rep start every time.It is just not good.Some people even talk and talk about being better than others.They aren't.So do you think the Rep system should go away.*crouchs under table*

2. the muffin man Banned

Well,it sounds fair,but i think rep is quite fun.It is a reward for being good,or a punishment for being bad.I wonder what make you feel that way though...?

3. Antidote Façade

Not really, no..

Rep is one of the criterias needed to become Premium. If they got rid of it, it'd be far too easy to get there.

These "rep wars" you speak of got resolved.. last year or something ¬_¬ It wasn't really a war, twas just basically spamming +rep around threads with people asking for it, threads where the TC gives out rep for whoever replies, etc.

So, I think everything's fine, basically.

4. Misty gimme kiss

Lithy said it all, so I think this can be closed. *does so*

5. N Hollow Bastion Committee

Um?

I feel we should get rid of rep. Why? Because it's pretty much an easy way for someone to bash you without talking. Seriously, it's being abused.

6. Sara Tea Drinker

We already talked about it in staff, we decided the pro's are better than the con's, and we also talked about removing derepping for some users, we're trying to figure that out.

-LOCKED-

7. Kaihedgie Gummi Ship Junkie

Reputation Removal

Well, this lil thingy has been naggin' meh. It's just my opinion, but I think this Reputation gauge is unnecessary. I mean, what's the real point of it? o: To me, I kinda view it as another thing to abuse,and it can and would possibly corrupt some of the members on the forum. Well, it's not just that, but sometimes, people often decrease rep for the wrong reasons, such as what happened to meh recently.

Any thoughts about this? o.o

8. Sexy Sheva Banned

._.

I can't believe someone would actually post this

I rather like the reputation system. It gives the newer people a view on how nice/bad someone is

Wherther it be good or bad <3

9. Kaihedgie Gummi Ship Junkie

Perhaps, but think of the other people on the forum who'd fell underminded or even encouraged to leave the forum. Kh-Vids is a great site, but it doesn't need somethin' like a rep system

10. Shuhbooty moon child

I agree. The rep system isn't as bad as you think, just cause you got one bad rep. We all use it, and look how nice people are around here. :3

11. Shade Tail Hollow Bastion Committee

The reputation bar is how to tell how famous/hated a certain person is. Without this, everyone might be classed as noobs :(
    Definite no to this idea

I got a negative rep yesterday, it doesn't make me want to leave, just makes me wanna get some rep to replace the chunk that dissappeared :D

12. Kaihedgie Gummi Ship Junkie

But still, though. It seems pretty bad. Especially when someone may actually abuse their popularity

13. Sexy Sheva Banned

exactly

i mena hey I've gotten about 6 bad rep I'd say but look at me I'm nice enough to get 6 gems <3

You can be nice enough too to get that much rep also <3

thats caled 'Rep Abuse" and i think its against the rules

14. Master of the Onyx Flame Hollow Bastion Committee

i actually think it fits rather well, becaus if somebody just gets 1k posts and nobody respects them then they don't deserve to be promoted a rank, because that's just the same as getting promoted for spamming.

and no i didn't get lots fo rep in this forum when i joined, but when i actually started to get to know people and do worthy stuff i started getting it, and i don't even have 1k posts so the rep does nothing positive for me either, and no i'm not trying to make rep sound all good and awesome, but i think it serves as a good measure to see how outgoing or friendly/ flat out cool you are.

so the rep system makes perfect sense.

and besides you don't even have 1000 posts so you would gain nothing from it being removed anyway.

15. Shuhbooty moon child

We've all had our fair share of bed rep. So don't feel bad about it and go banana's on us, about removing the system buddy. If you work hard and play nice, you'll get your share of good rep also! :3

16. Kaihedgie Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm still not really convinced. I mean, something like a rep system feels evil and uneasy to me. Besides, we should be able to see for ourselves whose bad and whose not without somethin' like this. I only come to forums for places to chill out and maybe discuss a few topics here and there, not to be famous or anything

All the big forums I went to didn't need or even consider a rep system, so yeah. o.o

17. Shuhbooty moon child

We know the bad people . . . . and how they act, we all see it. And your new, I didn't get ANY rep till I hit premy. So it's okay. If you around and have fun on here, some day you'll have that rep your thinking about!

18. Kaihedgie Gummi Ship Junkie

But that's the thing. I dun't want or need rep and I'm sure some other people don't need it either. Like I said, I didn't come here for the purpose of becomin' popular or famous, given the fact that I hate both words

19. Master of the Onyx Flame Hollow Bastion Committee

if you let an automated system make your choices for you then of course you won't like it.

there are people here i don't like and people i do, but that doesnt meen i start whining and stuff about it.
    just deal with it and if you don't have enough rep when you get enough posts then it just means you should have been nicer.

i mean look at me i have rep but i don't let that be my guide to who i can and can't like or hate.
    just get over it dude.

20. Shuhbooty moon child

Then why make such a big deal about it hun? Don't worry about it and go have some fun here! :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.