No Thanks New user group.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by kitty_mckechnie, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Oh aye, i made it. Kekeke.

I'm up for Misty's suggestion. Platinum members! Gosh, it will make you sound special...or really sad.

Since there's really no point in increasin' the premium requirements since the site has gone through the Baby boom the past year, n' folk seem to think that there's too many prems, why not create a new group? Ok, what's the point of creatin' a new group if premium isn't much? Well, premium is basically a status, so this would be a better status! =D lol
    I have a suggestion for a priviledge if we get a new group. I'll discuss that with an admin, though. I dunno if the admins will like it, but i'm sure the plats would. :P

I would say, 2,500 posts n' 1,000 rep (at least!). We wouldn't want to make it too easy. Maybe more rep since rep is easier to come by now-a-days.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Aye? Naw?

How 'bout Uranium members? We'll be radioactive! ...n' the laugh stockin' of the forum. Ok, no uranium. ;P

2. Luka Deafening silence

i agree to platinum members but the requirements are kidna wrong
    pretty much everyone has higher rep then posts at the moment including me
    i'd say like 1500 posts and 2000 rep
    or 2000 posts and 2500 rep

3. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

I'd say yes to the idea but...2000 rep???!!!

O god...have mercy. << XD

I'd say somewhere between 1.5k posts and 800-1000 Rep.

4. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

That would be too easy to obtain. We're tryin' to make it difficult for members to reach it. There's 1000 post difference between a prem n' a norm. We would need to up that. If we made it 1500 posts with 2000 rep we'd have like 10 plats by the end of the week.

I understand that this may only encourage the spammers, but i'll help the staff there by keepin' a vigilant eye n' report.

5. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

I say 2000 posts and about 1750 rep. 2000 rep is a lot. And I don't see the point in needing 1000 from prem and then 2500 for Plat. 2000 is hard enough. Also, White names and colored user titles would be hot.

6. Explode Who?!

Wouldn't we not be able to see the names if they were white? XD And I'm pretty sure that you can already change the color of your user title.

This sounds like a good idea, and since a lot of memebers already have 1000 or more rep, I'd suggest anywhere from 1500 to 2000 to meet the requirement. Considering that the rank is called "Platinum," I think having platinum-colored usernames would make sense.

7. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

I suggested white because I wasn't sure if platinum names were possible. And if colored user titles are possible, teach me your ways.

8. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Why should the post count be so low? Rep is so easy to obtain (i suppose posts are too), but i think 2,500 posts would be the ideal requirement.

Colour usertitles would be sweet.

9. Explode Who?!

Yeah, I considered that, but I'm sure they can add a color if they really want to.

And I'm 90% certain that I saw someone with a red user title a day or two ago, but I'm not sure how to do it. Yeah, I know that doesn't help >_>;

10. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

That would be RvR, he's an admin. He's been tinkerin' with it. If the site explodes, then he pulled a Xaldin.

11. Explode Who?!

Ah, okay, it's good to know that I didn't imagine it.

12. Gwen Farewell.

I dont like the 2000 post idea, I wanna keep it under 2000.

But the rep idea I like. 2000 rep sounds good to me, and barely anyone has it yet.

13. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Madi, from the look of your rep bars you either have it, or are pretty darn close. xD

If it was just determined by rep it will just be another prem deal very quickly.

14. Gwen Farewell.

xD I still got a good 400-something to go. And with how hard it is to get rep these days now that the mods are being so strict about it, a simple 400 isn't easy to achieve.

But you do have a point.

Hmm. Re-reading the thread, I'm all for 2000 posts, but the idea of 2500 kinda peeves me. Maybe something in-between?

15. Luka Deafening silence

i'm for 2000 posts 2500 rep o.o
    but yeah colored usertitles can't be achieved from anyone except admins at the moment xD RvR told me so D;

16. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I think 2500 rep is a wee bit too much. Though, we could just make it 4000 posts n' 2,500 rep. xD. I think posts should be the higher of the two since it's not hard to post at least 6 words with a wee bit of thought.

17. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Those requirements for platinum are crazy. No one will make them.

Rep won't count for platinum because they already had to do that for premium. So instead they'll just have to make a post requirement. It's simpler and less of a hassle.

I like the idea though.

18. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Can't see the point of this, other than boost egos. Also the platnium colour will be all too similar to the banned colour, so we would have to change the the colour just for a few member. I know it's not a big issues but it will be confusing for some seeing all these changes to colour. And with premiums wanting a new premium colour because they are bored with the old one. God knows when people will want another colour after that. =/

We have premium's to award those who visit the site regularly. Many sites don't do this at all, it's a previlage that you should all be lucky we have in the first place. If people complain about that then it comes off to me that people are acting like spoilt brats. Yes there are more premium's then before...no ****, all the members who joined a while ago are gaining more posts, it's natural. Why should it bother anyone, you still have the same previlages as before. If you don't like it because more people are the same status as you, then it's quite sad really.

19. Inasuma "pumpkin"

The curry ninja speaks truth.

I agree with DA. =/

20. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I'd say we should have to have about 2,000 posts and about 1,000 rep.
    that is high enough in my opinion.I mean how many people would be able to reach that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.