No Thanks New Members/Rules

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Laurence_Fox, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Mish sort of had this idea in my new member thread in the Spam Zone.

New members should be sent a copy of the rules when they sign up. It could be sent to the PM box right on the site. That way they'd have one, even though I think it's not that hard to find the rule thread.

Having a copy of the rules in the inbox could cut down on the number of problems with new members and make the staff's job easier, letting them focus more on what they're supposed to be doing and not holding the textual hands of the new members.

But doing it this way might allow them to read the rules. Since we all read when we have a new message in our inboxes.

I realize a lot of people join in a day and I don't know if vB has a mass pm feature or not. It would be nice if it had a way to send it out the day a member joins automatically...but I realize that might not happen. But perhaps say the same week a member joins, a staff member could PM the new members a copy of the rules?

So...what j00 think? I realize this is merely a suggestion that could be reworked if need be.

2. TheLightIsGone123 Gummi Ship Junkie

sounds great i support it

3. Anderson (☞゚∀゚)☞ You've lost the game.

If it was literally possible then yes.

It's not a bad idea since people tend to read e-mails more than posts. >>;

4. Mish smiley day!

I agree with this suggestion... <_> well, obviously.

I think it is possible. I mean, there are lots of places that automatically send you a welcome message (through email or PM system) upon registration, so I don't see why it would be any different here.

5. C This silence is mine

I agree with this suggestion since some of the n00bs can't find the rules...

I had no idea we even had rules when I first joined =P

6. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

I agree with this, if it is possible that is.
    And we have to make sure it isn't like the comfirming mail your supposed to get when you join, since I never got it.
    If it is to be sent we have to make it properly so we're sure the members get it.

*Approves*

7. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

I totally agree with this idea. They would have no excuse not to read the rules. No more 'where's the thread' questions and it is then completely their responsibility to read and obey the rules. :noworries:

8. Repliku Chaser

I think it would be a good idea to have an email sent out at the email address we need to register any way to be a member. If you require an email to register in the first place, it may be possible to put the rules for joining on there and say if you click the link to finish activating, you agree to have read the rules or something.

9. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

I agree 100%. I love this idea a lot. It would help a lot. Because, when I first joined. I didn't even know how to make a thread. So I think it help a lot. Even I would like a copy so I could zip of the rules real quick and fast.
    So I agree.

10. Rosey Chaser

I agree if its possible xD

11. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I think it is a good idea in theory, but I am not sure if it is realistic, for one thing the staff have a lot to do anyway without PMing the new members copies of the rules.

There is also the fact of, look at how many members there are, then go look at how many times the rules have been viewed :P lol it doesn't quite add up :P Most members seem to pick up the rules as they go along :P

If it is possible then it is a good idea, but I think it would need to be looked at properly first ^^

12. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

If it's possible, than I agree with this. It's a great idea, and it'll leave us the annoyance of members asking the same questions 100 times.
    Also, if it's possible for someone to be sent a copy of the Faq....Because I'd find it extremly usefull.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I remember being sent a copy of the rules the second I joined a vBulletin forum a few months back. So I think it's actually possible.

13. Rosey Chaser

I remember on another V Bulletin forum I was on I got sent a intro letter >_> So I deffinatly think its possible

And which FAQ <_< >_> There are two xD One made by me, the other by Sara I believe >_>

14. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Uhm...both? xD
    Your's more specificly though lol. :3

15. FUZZY SWEATER Hollow Bastion Committee

i agree 100% plus tax

16. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

17. Luka Deafening silence

i say nice thinking ^^

18. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I agree, should hopefully mean more people will actually follow them =_=

But on another vBulliten forum if something was changed in like the rules/announcement section the next time a member logged on a page appeared saying the administration want you to read this page. Would that work? =/

19. cronoking Chaser

I agree with this suggestion. It would help make things easier for the new members. Although it doesnt necessarily mean they'll actually read it, it's still a great idea.

20. Love Kingdom Keeper

In a world where the sunset casts slender shadows
    This sounds like a good Idea , I notice so many new members don't read the rules , and it drives me crazy .

So if this is possible , then I say awesome !!! ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.