Narubo (NOT Naruto...or is it?)

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by thugondarel, Mar 4, 2010.

1. thugondarel Traverse Town Homebody

I GOT THIS FROM YCM AND THOUGHT THAT YOU GUYS SHOULD KNOW.

Your thoughts?

2. Mr. Pumpkin Hollow Bastion Committee

lol Indonesia always does this kind of stuff, but this is pathetic.
    It's obviously just a rip-off, and a very crappy one too.
    If I had made that, I wouldn't put my name under it as well. xD
    People will not take this serious, and looking at the drawings, no one will buy that crap if it's more expensive then the original xD

3. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

This is not funny, i actually feel a spike of anger over this. Its a mockery to Kishi and all that he has written. It's a mockery to his story writing, his artistry and his abilities in general. The art work is something a 10 year old child could draw and the story seems like a bad fan-fiction made by a person who lacks even the intitiative to created one different aspect. I haven't actually seen anything as bad as that...ever.
    This makes a mockery of even this picture though it is appropriate:
    [​IMG]

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I'm not as angry as this. I find it too pathetic. I mean, I had just heard the news of the Bleach ripoff a few days before I read this and was just thinking how nothing could have been stupider...then I read this.
    I mean, at least the Bleach ripoff kind of TRIED to be different. This is just...mentally challenged.

5. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

There is so much irony in this post I couldn't stop laughing.

Anywho, who cares? Naruto isn't the best series out there, heck nobody acts like a proper ninja anyway. It's like Tenchu cosplayers trying to do DBZ. If some company makes an even more ******ed than the original sequel then fantastic.

6. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I honestly lol'd.
    Naruto isn't that great at all to begin with, and not only that, it's well known. So this is kind of stupid by itself.
    What I find even more lol worthy is that this seems to have been out for a fair amount of time, but Kishimoto has done nothing to stop its production.

7. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

:|

They just had to put The Next Generation of Naruto on the cover, didn't they.

Who's that sleeping guy on the second volume's cover?

8. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

....I'm pissed off now. Its bad enough people try to rip it off. Now we got THIS in the bookstore?!

9. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

It's Naruto. Who cares. It kind of destroyed the image of what a ninja is anyway.
    And just throwing this out there, fanfiction is kind of exactly the same thing as this. :/

10. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Like other people have said, this just pathetic. How this thing made it to bookstores and why Kishimoto hasn't done anything about it is beyond me but "wow" is all I have to say at the moment.

People who actually like Naruto would care about this obviously. I don't understand how it destroyed the image of the ninja but I haven't read many ninja mangas so I can't really say anything. Fanfiction isn't sold in a bookstore for a profit so they're not the same. A fanfiction made by some random person for fun is one thing but selling it without giving credit is another.

11. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

on occasion, i do watch naruto, and i've come to terms with the fact that even though they call themselves ninja, they aren't ninja. they are som weird kinds of warrior that are called ninja, but aren't the irl ninja. the name is basically the only similarity.

as for this, they couldn't have at least gotten better art?

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Because proper ninja are so common in the world these days?
    There are people who like Naruto. If you don't, alright.
    But it's like the Twilight discussion, "Real vampires don't sparkle." No such thing as real vampires.
    I like Naruto, I see this as a ripoff.

Like GS said, Fanfics aren't sold in bookstores, so this is worse.

13. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

I lol'd at this hard...

And I like Naruto, but this is funny. I honestly think that Naruto went down the drain after the whole "Pain" saga...it could of ended PERFECTLY from there, but he continued the series.

14. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Would not have ended perfectly. The whole thing with Sasuke destroying Konoha wasn't resolved yet and it would have left too many plot holes.

15. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Yeah, but it would've been perfect if they filled the plotholes and then did this.

Plus, Naruto is dragging on for me, I just can't watch it anymore.

16. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Things seem to be getting better in the recent chapters for me but that's my opinion.