Mom who caged teen son

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Repliku, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repliku Chaser

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/05/23/caged.teen.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

I am just shocked that at the end, these lawyers want to debate that she's not a harm to society when her 17 year old son weighed 49 lbs when found...and she had two kids that were also saying they were put in cages too. They want to not let her serve prison time and this is just rotten. I think she should be doing some term and 20 years works for me. What an awful woman.

2. Inasuma "pumpkin"

That scares me a little since I'm 17. That's just awful. I hope the lad is okay.

And yeah the woman should seriously do some jail time. Amazing. -_-

3. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

She looks like a toad..20 years sounds good..I'd go for more with her,but I'd take what I could get as long as she's behind bars.

4. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Yes, she should go to jail. But people like her are obviously insane or at least very confused, she needs medical help, I believe.

Btw, her going to jail is like, lol irony. She gets to be in a cage for 20 years.

5. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

I agree with this. It goes without saying that she should be put to jail for this (20 years for a minimum), but I've got a book that tells the personality of a person through facial features, and if I've matched things up correctly, her problems are mainly mental. In addition to the jail time, she should receive some sort of mental treatment.

6. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

She's not a harm to society?? Oh please! Her kids were in cages. If that's not harming her kids then I don't know what is. She should go to jail. No kid deserves that treatment.

7. K.H.Nut13 Traverse Town Homebody

I compelety agree. She should go to jail for 20 years or more. Poor kids.

8. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

And 49 pounds? For a 17 year old boy? He should weight more than 3 times that amount. How could anyone say she's not hurting anyone? People are so stupid.

9. Maka Albarn It's called love

Gees... it makes you wonder what happened to our Justice System. Like everyone said so far, she should serve time in prison. For how ever long the boy was in that cage, it gives me the shivers just to think about it. They shouldn't just let her go like that, it's not fair!

10. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Yes i agree but if i were 17 i'd be able to take her down even with that amount of Weight.How was she able to get him into a cage against his will???

11. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Maybe she threatened him. He couldn't have been too strong, since he obviously doesn't eat much. So it would have been hard if she shoved him into a cage to stop her.

12. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Ya i think you might be right about that and you'd ffeel like a monster if you hurt your mother even if she shoved you in a cage.

13. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Well it's possible the child was genetically smaller; we don't know the facts of the matter for his case. For all we know, in the best case, that was only 30 or so pounds below his regular weight. But in worst case, like you stated, it SHOULD be 3 times more.

14. pirateking_luffy Banned

20 years is not enough,more like thrity and she should give money to the kid and causing him phisical and mental harm

15. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

Axel...what would giving him money do?...

"You've put this young man in a cage,now pay him"..she should pay a fine and spend about 50 years in jail.

16. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Sounds like a case of Münchhausen's by proxy to me. I'm not saying that is what happened but that's my gut reaction to what I read here. The part about she imprisoned him due to medical and mental issues is what sort of lifted that flag in my mind.

Münchhausen's by proxy: This term refers to a peculiar form of child abuse. In most cases it is the mother inventing symptoms and fabricating signs in relation to her child, and thus causing the child painful and unnecessary physical examinations and treatments. ( from: http://www.whonamedit.com/synd.cfm/1105.html )

17. Xephos Neko, gamer, animelover, and artist :3 *purrs*

THAT IS CRUEL!!!! What the heck is this world turning into? The world is becoming more and more violent these days and then one day parent's will be more violent and maybe even kil them.

18. Dredica SNES was the best.

She starved them because she wanted to keep all the food for herself :\ it shows just by her face.

19. Repliku Chaser

Yeah, I was thinking that too. A serial killer woman killed off children and had this disorder. I am really not sure how people think she's not a harm to society. 3 kids in cages. One 17 and is 49 lbs. I think she invented some things up that were 'wrong' with him and she needs mental help but also she shouldn't be out to have a chance to do these things again. What's frightening too is that the 2 kids younger are apparently adopted. They seem to just let morons adopt kids. This is one reason I hate the adoption agencies. I was shocked to hear that some people think she shouldn't get any time. Something is very wrong with this woman and Munchausens by proxy may be it.

20. Princess Snow White I feel such an isomniac.

It's a wonder the boy didn't die of starvation.

So that is what it's called.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.