Mitchell Report

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by John Clay Rice, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

What did you think of it if your a baseball fan. I am not suprised that Barry Bonds Mark Mcgwire and Jose Canseco were in it, but I was suprised that Roger Clemans was in it. And Andy Pettite. When I read it I said "Say it ain't so Roger." This list is bout the players that used steriods.

2. Nailpolish <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

My thoughts: (even if I'm not a baseball fan)

I think they had no reason to use steroids. I never even knew about Roger Clemans. :3

And, its sad because my team (Blue Jays) have 2 players that use it too. which gives bad rep to us =/

3. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

These athletes have kids that look or use to look up to them. They shamed and cheated on America's National pastime.

4. Nymph of Destiny Chaser

I may not be a baseball fan, but still, I find it quite dishonorable and shameful to see that players have to use steroids just to win a game. Whatever happened to trying their best, having the right motivation, the pure, humanly incentive? Or just having fun? It seems that all that mattered to them was winning, or making a name for themselves...although if some of them were pressured, then it's more understandable, but it still doesn't give them a right to do so. Hopefully, they regret using steroids, and won't influence anyone else to do so...​

5. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

You're 100% correct my friend. The great Babe Ruth hit Home Runs and he weighted like 230-240 pounds. Hank Aaron was just great. Why can't they be like those guys?

6. Nymph of Destiny Chaser

That just might be it! Some of them could have tried and they can't be like those guys, so they're using steroids as the alternative to succeeding...but of course, it's just like cheating on a test - it's unfair and undeserving of fame or anything. It they want to be famous though, or be known as one of the best, they're going to try harder, not take the easy way out.​

7. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

I'm not much of a fan of sports... but I agree 100%... using steroids IS just like cheating on a test... and what happens is that if one person does it and gets away with it... everybody else thinks that they can, too and everybody starts to think that it's the right thing to do and soon everybody playing sports is using steroids but what's the point then? :/

8. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

Roger Clemens is still denying that he used steroids. I hope he's telling the truth; I really do. I hate that baseball is being smeared like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.