Novel Maximum Ride

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cia, May 17, 2007.

1. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

~Maximum Ride~

... :cool:... I just got the third book... via mail.

I can't wait to read it!

Oh yeah, and talk about the other Maximum Ride's too if you want. ^_^

__

Edit:
    :/ Alright, this is sort of semi important.

Seems that I wasn't the only one that got this sucker early. Anyone who preordered it would've gotten it at least a month in advance. But that would only be for people who live in the U.S. Foreigners would have to wait.

Curtesy of the Maximum Ride Forums.

__

And now for my opinion on the book:

I finished the book last night and... it had a lot of plot holes. I was disappointed. James Patterson could have done a better job. :/ I think I've read better fanfiction.

Well, there you have it. No spoilers here. I would have warned.

And you might get spoiled...

2. Kiryu Setsuna F. Seiei

I don't believe I had heard of it, whats it about. If it sounds good I might go pick it up.

3. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

Here's a plot for summary I got off IMBD:

Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel. Six kids who are pretty normal - except that they're 98 percent human and 2 percent bird. They grew up in a lab, living like rats in cages, but now they're free. Aside, of course, from the fact that they're prime prey for Erasers - wicked wolf-like creatures created simply to destroy the flock.

and here's mine:

It's great adventure. A soon spinning romance. :/ I guess I could say it'd be on the girly side but... It kicks arse. Fights, powers, always on the escape. Never trusting anyone because you'll never know if they'd be employee's of the "School" (aka: experimentation labs) who are almost always undercover and tracking the flock.

Flock because... they have wings. The kids are avian hybrids. Bird-like qualities... and then some.

it's a gift and a torturous curse.

I'd recommend it to any reader of James Patterson or scifi-adventure-action-packed-suspense novels.

That, and Step On A Crack was fantosmic, too. By the same author.

edit:
    ... I don't even think torturous is a word... -_-'''''''''

4. Roxas OG

I've never read it, but I have a friend (his name on the forum is March of the Dogs) who got the book about 3 months early.

5. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

... Wow... three months early...?

That lucky... duck....

6. Maiwyn Destiny Islands Resident

...If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret, right?
    I got to read the advanced reader's copy a while back. :) My friends freaked out and started screaming, "WHAT!?!?!?!? GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!"
    Yeah... but I loved it!! I love the other two as well.
    Though two of my friends hate Fang now... I have absolutely NO idea why...
    I like Iggy the most. :D

7. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

I like Max. She's cool. Iggy is awesome because he's blind but still kicks arse without sight. My friends were the same way; they screamed when they saw I had the book a month early. Heh, but as for hating Fang; no way. We'd never do that. Fang is #1.

8. saxoR_vs_aroS Hollow Bastion Committee

yeah. fang rocks. and that comment max gave to iggy in the second book when he wouldnt get up while looking for his parents.. owned.

9. Rax Traverse Town Homebody

Me and Ig are buddies. We share the same interest. CAUSIN DESTRUCTION!!! Hey, u guys know wen max ride 4 comes out? Ive been waitin forever.

10. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

There is no MR4...

It was a trilogy and that's the end of.

11. Rax Traverse Town Homebody

Nope. There is one. They r already talking about it they say one of the flock may die and Max's exparation date may show up.

12. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

Orly? Where'd you hear this info from? Any evidence? A link?

13. Rax Traverse Town Homebody

I found it on one of the pages on Maximumride.com. They say on one of James Patterson's websights he says how he's working on another book. No one can be sure if he'll take it all the way but he is definatly takeing up ideas for it. Im hopeing he does. They can't leave the series with Max and Fang just hanging there...

[​IMG]

14. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

Its on maximumride.com

Hes confirmed a 4th book and sold the movie rights (r-tard! dont sell the movie rights now it will be crap!)

15. SplitOverload Chaser

I have read probably the first 30 pages. It's still on my shelf, a library copy. It sounds interesting, but I was preffering more scarier Lawlz.

16. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

Yeah, you're right. So I guess, odds are, he'll do another. And totally, that whole thing with Fang and Max, he wouldn't leave it there or else he'll get a riot outside his house one day ordering him to make another book. xD

I know nothing about movies or their rights, but I have seen that they're planning on doing a movie.

... I hope to gawd that it won't be crap. I've already seen the commercials for the third book and it looks like the movie could go wrong... ;_;

I hope not~

17. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

MR is awesome. It's the only Patterson series I've ever read.

18. Rax Traverse Town Homebody

And totally, that whole thing with Fang and Max, he wouldn't leave it there or else he'll get a riot outside his house one day ordering him to make another book. xD

... I hope to gawd that it won't be crap. I've already seen the commercials for the third book and it looks like the movie could go wrong... ;_;

Ugh, I sooo agree. I got all my friends into the book and they were yelling at me cause Fang and Max didnt really get together. I hope it happends in the 4th book

And same about the movie. Hope it isnt bad.

19. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

Most likely their little fling will be in the 4th book, I mean really. He [Patterson] can't just leave it there. I mean, there are so many ideas I could get right now out of reading the third book, just imagine what JP is thinking about!

*is frantically wondering about the 4th book*

20. saxoR_vs_aroS Hollow Bastion Committee

whats the third book called? max+fang= WTF? WHAT AM I MISSING!