Man carrying his girlfriend's head in Greece Santorini

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Miskatake, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miskatake Merlin's Housekeeper

A 31 year old man carried his dead girlfriend's head in Athens, on the Santorini Island, in the Vourvousi village yesterday. (Sunday August 3rd) He's being suspected of slaying his girlfriend. The police tried to shoot the man to his legs 4 times, but he took a police car, threw the head into the car, and then escaped. After a pursuit, the police caught him, and took the man in custody. This is very sick, as the dead woman was a teacher in the local school. Some sources tell that the man was working in a local restaurant. This is very brutal..word.

2. Chevalier Crystal Princess

is it me or is cutting heads off a new fad for killers?

the other guy who ate his victim after stabbing him, and cutting his head off , and now this?

people need help......i mean serious help.

3. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

WTF was he up to.Wait for it he's probably going to say it was for his religion just to get himself out of prison.I think i know what might've happened to the body but it's too disgusting to say...

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Cutting off the head is symbolic can mean various things, from relegious sacrifices or shock tactics of which in battle, people show the heads of people they have slain to display their ferocity to the enemy, eeven innocent men who have never killed before can cut off the head of a dead body, for some type of importance like they knew the dead person and wanted to keep something to remember them by, though the person is usually disturbed from seeing the dead body.
    The fad has been around many years a trademark to many killers, but in recnt years it has risen, some people have said it was because of Al Qeada, in which they captured troops or civillans and cut off their heads to give back to their friends and family, though it is just a theory by many.

But from what I put what I mean to say is that the least I would charge him with would be disturbing a body, until evidence shows he could of murdered her, he could just be a very disturbed man who wanted to keep something of his dead girlfriend.

5. Mielé Banned

I'm ashamed of being part Greek atm.

But then again, I'm not from the Athens part of Greece...

Anyway, that is just sick and wrong.

6. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

How did the cops manage to let him escape in a cop car? N' why couldn't they just try to stun the man rather than shoot him? It could've saved 'em a chase.

7. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Personally i don't think the public authorities would able to catch a disabled Alzimeres patient at an retirement home.

8. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

... I'm shocked. That's a very disturbing story and I can't believe anybody could do this to any person. Especially your girlfriend/boyfriend. I'm thinking he might have had some kind of mental disorder.

9. Trigger hewwo uwu

That is so twisted ._. Who kills their girlfriend and then carrys the head around? Thats just ****ing wrong.

10. Princess Snow White I feel such an isomniac.

Once again ew.......

If he's carrying around his girlfriend's head, it's most likely he killed her.
    I wonder how he managed to hold someone's head without getting sick.

11. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

That is disgusting I can't belive someone would do that...just wrong 0_o.

12. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

As nasty as it is to say, I don't think holding the head had an effect on him to make him sick.

However, that is still rather disgusting. Why some people do these things is beyond me. Why would someone do that?

13. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Guys if you knew what was really disturbing then you wouldn't be saying this is disturbing.
    This is not for the light hearted so if you aren't up for it then don't read whats in white.I can remember a case from the 1960's where a dancer was brutally murdered and brutally decapitated.All of her body parts were cut into pieces and through her all over the place.Then to really put it down in history,he got her head and carved a smile on her face and the sick b*stard was never caught...
    If you quote this just say your outrage not the details of it unless they're in white.

14. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

..What has the world come to nowadays...

Sigh...this is all very distrubing. I really like to know how he managed to jack a police car though. =/

15. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

It's easy really.Police are people and people are prone to make mistakes.I'm only 15 and i'd say i'd have the knowledge to jack a garda police car.

16. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I bet saturday nights on the town are REAL fun with you. XD

And really it's easy to do everything this guy did, cutting off heads has been done since the start of history, people in an 'pumped up' stae can easily cut someone's head off and keep their lunch, if they feel threatened espicially, people can do the craziets things when their life is on the line.

17. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I amn't that kind of person.I've got a brain and i don't want to waste it on such petty,menial crime.

18. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Having a skill of hire jacking a car is not wrong, using it is what causes you to be wrong. A man who knows how to kill, doesn't mean he has to kill.

19. P Banned

I just googled it. Turns out that a bit more happened than what the Original Poster told us.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,396703,00.html

ATHENS, Greece — A 31-year-old man killed his girlfriend on the Greek island of Santorini on Sunday, beheaded her, then fled in a patrol car, a local official said.

During the ensuing chase, the suspect was shot five times by police and ran over two women doctors who were riding a motorcycle before he was caught, the official said.

The suspect, Athanassios Arvanitis, a cook at a local restaurant, is undergoing surgery at an island hospital, said Chrysanthos Roussos, head of the Santorini district on the island.

Neighbors said that, following a heated argument, Arvanitis beheaded his girlfriend's dog with a butcher knife, then killed and beheaded the woman.

The victim, 25-year-old Adamantia Karkali, worked as a teacher at a local village, Angelos Roussos, the mayor of Thira, the island's main town, was quoted as saying by TV station Antenna. Angelos Roussos and Chrysanthos Roussos are not related.

Initially, Arvanitis roamed the village of Vourvoulos exhibiting the woman's head, neighbors said. Townspeople said they locked themselves in their homes and called the police.

When a policeman tried to handcuff him, the suspect knifed the officer and flung the victim's head into a patrol car, Roussos said. The policeman was only slightly injured, police said.

Arvanitis then made off in a second patrol car and ran over the motorcycle before he was caught, Roussos said. One of the two doctors suffered multiple fractures, Roussos said. The other was uninjured.

As the police fired at Arvanitis to stop him, a stray bullet hit a woman bystander, injuring her slightly, police said.

20. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

How much more violent will these stupid events get? I mean literally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.