Mac or Windows

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by tSG1, Sep 30, 2009.

?

Which is the Best?

1. Windows XP

18 vote(s)
    62.1%
  2. Windows Vista

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. MacBook

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. MacBook Pro 13-Inch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. MacBook Pro 15-Inch

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. MacBook Pro 17-Inch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. MacBook Air

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tSG1 Chaser

OK, I like Macs and with the new bootcamp, I'm considering of buying one.

Sooooo..... I decided to make this a poll to help get whether or not to stick with Vista or Mac.

And thread to discuss which you like as well :)

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

Neither. I'm sticking with Windows XP until it breaks down and there is nothing you can do to stop me >: D
    well getting back on track.. sorry.. Vista crashes to much and my uncle says that the Mac isn't much better but is better then vista..

3. The Fuk? Dead

Windows XP. I'm used to it and I just think it's a better system overall.

4. Kextia Destiny Islands Resident

Windows XP. Use it 'cuz I have it. And I refuse to get a Mac. My friend had a Mac, and she's always worshipping Apple... Annoys me to no end!

5. P Banned

Macs can't play games.

On the upside, macs can't get viruses either, and they rarely crash. I think I've had mine completely crash once or twice in the past six months, and both times I was straining its small single gig of ram.

6. tSG1 Chaser

However, Mac's can use Bootcamp :lolface:

7. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Macs in general are good. Vista has had a pretty bad history with doing well...

You shouldn't buy laptops based on the games they can play. Its not very smart to make a decision based on one thing they can do. I wouldnt buy a mac if I really liked a pc just because macs had dashboard or widgets.

8. Luka Deafening silence

Honestly i like XP best.
    Vista and Mac's really just weren't good to me.
    I'd much rather keep the money and use it on something else and download linux for free.
    Linux is very good and it's free.
    It really shines for it being free.
    It's probably just as good as the Mac OS and Vista.
    It doesn't require much from your system and it's pretty stable it's not that compatible though.

9. Finale Wannabe Nobody

best? i dont kniow
    favourite, xp ;p

10. Xe54 Kingdom Keeper

Windows because I like to use the programs I download.

EDIT: Vista and XP, I know how to use both of them

11. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Windows, generally because I use so many programs on it right now I'd find it frustrating to have to buy them all over again so they were Mac-friendly. That, and for some reason Macs have a harder time getting on to the network at school.

However, I may get a Mac when I start teaching simply because I'll be doing so much with them in the classroom. Almost all the districts in my state have Mac labs. It might help to know how to use one (it's always embarrasing when a child a third my age knows all the Mac hotkeys and I don't).

12. childofturin Why?

XP > all.

/thread.

But seriously, I had an XP computer for close to 5-6 years, I think, with very few problems at all. The only reason I'm running Vista now is because my XP laptop completely crashed, and they don't sell XP computers anymore. If I could, I would go back to XP Service Pack 2. Most of my computer problems started when I upgraded to SP3, and then Vista. Vista is way too clunky, and it looks like what money would normally be diverted to quality programming got funneled into flashy interfaces, instead. It kinda sucks, but if you want top-quality, either build it yourself, or get something older. The new stuff coming out nowadays just isn't up to the old standards. And don't even get me started on Macs! They're even worse than Vista!

13. RieRen Traverse Town Homebody

Windows XP, wtf. I also have a Windows 98 but I rarely use it (only when XP isn't working).

Can't stand Mac though, I feel like a little kid using it.

14. Misty gimme kiss

I've only used Macs briefly but I can honestly say I prefer the interface to Windows computers. I'm saving up to buy a Macbook atm (although it'll take ages). :/ Windows just kind of has an ugly look and I've had so many frustrations with Vista in the past that I've just lost faith in Windows. Still, when I still had XP things were pretty stable.
    Plus I'm fairly into art/design stuff (dunno if I'll make a career of it but I enjoy it), and Macs are the way to go for that.

15. Repliku Chaser

I prefer Windows 7 to all the stuff mentioned, and also like Linux and Mandriva, Ubuntu stuff. Mac is okay but I've not been impressed with them and use them at work. Windows 7 is definitely an improvement to Vista though.

16. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I've used Vista once in my life on my friends computer. All I did was check my email so I have no opinion.
    Windows, I grew upwith. It's just what I'm used to.
    I've been using XP since it came out and I completely comfortable with it.
    My computer itself though sucks.
    Seriously, it's from 2000 and has many problems.
    I've had problems doing school work on it so I'm investing in a laptop with my excess financial aid.

My brother insisted a Mac would be best and so far I like what I see.
    The only turn off is that it won't play the one game I wanted. I've been waiting a couple of years to get a good enough computer to play it. However, getting a computer that won't make school easier simply because of one game is pretty stupid.
    So I'm deciding between a Macbook and something with Windows Vista, then switching to Windows 7.

All in all, I'll have to saw Windows XP. It's what I've used most

17. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Windows XP.
    I don't like Vista, waaay too many problems for a Microsoft OS. It's less buggy now, but some things still don't make sense.

I can safely say I hate Macs. The layout is annoying, and to be honest I feel like it was made to be more pretty than functional.
    Plus most people at my school are Mactards and are all jackasses. That may have something to do with it.

And I'm confused as to why there are like five more Mac options than there are Windows; the majority of them seem to be actual laptops than OS systems. Which doesn't really make sense, since it's sort of comparing an actual laptop to an OS. ._.

18. khfreak123 Traverse Town Homebody

I like iMacs with VMWare Fusion of Windows Vista... best combo in the WORLD!!! I don't have an iMac just A cheapo compaq laptop...

19. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

Macs are much better. Both computers have theres ups and downs. However, most people don't switch to the other brand, simply because there not used to it. And because they're not used to it and don't put much effort into learning it, they label that as "complicated".

Macs generally cost more, yes, however if your going to spend a chunk of money on a computer, why not get one that will be stable? Not saying Macs never break, but its obvious they break far less then Windows.

I've seen countless Window Computers of my friends break due to viruses or who knows what. With a mac, that chance is lowered dramatically. Its not only that they don't break, besides most online games, Macs can do just about everything and more that Windows can.

And once you get used to the system, its easier too. Not to mention faster, and better programs.

Thats my opinion.

20. Trussy1000 Destiny Islands Resident

Any Windows Macs are too expensive for what they are, you can get a much more powerful PC for the price of a macbook