Question LOTS of help

Discussion in 'Help' started by the muffin man, Jun 23, 2007.

1. the muffin man Banned

I have never,EVER visited this section before.So,if anyone has enough patience to help me please do!Ok...So, i want to know what do i need and where do i get it, in order to make graphics.I don't even know how.Is there somebody kind enough to help me...?:confused::confused::confused:

2. xekushi Gummi Ship Junkie

3. Misty gimme kiss

First of all, you need a program. (Paint does NOT count). Most Graphics programs are costly, but the most popular is Adobe Photoshop. You could probably get it on Ebay for cheap, but I've seen it go for a lot.

There are free programs you can use as well. Of course, none that I have found match up to Photoshop, but I use Gimp. (PM me for a link)

Next, play around with your program. The only real way to get to know your program is to explore it. Test out all the different tools, filters, and effects.

Download some brushes! Go to deviantart; they have the best ones there. Make sure you get a lot, because if you just use the same ones over and over again it will become repetitive.

Read some tutorials. In the Graphics Resource thread there are some good sites for Tutorials. Follow them and post your work.

4. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

Just about the Photoshop: you can download a trial version of Adobe Photoshop CS3, the latest version. Click here for it. (According to Darky, you need to be a member to download it. Just create an account then boom, you're ready to roll.)

5. Cody Chaser

Get a program, I suggest GIMP for begginners or people who can't afford PS.
    Then, find a site, and read tutorials for about a month or two, so you get the skills needed to make your own stuff without help.
    And that's pretty much it, you just get better and better with each sig you make.
    (Make sure you post it so you get some comments and crit on it.)

6. C4E Traverse Town Homebody

I do not recommend GIMP to anyone.
    I have used Paintshop Pro, Adobe Photoshop CS2 and CS3 and The GIMP.
    None of the programs compare to Adobe Photoshop.
    I suggest downloading a trial of Photoshop either CS2 or CS3 because the only difference is the ease of use for photographers and the smart filters. CS2 would be easiest on your system and work well.

but, if you want more than a trial
    there is Paint.NET which you can find through google search by typing in Paint.NET
    Its free and almost identical to photoshop CS2. the only difference is the names of filters/effects and the file types it uses.