Little kid goes for a spin in his mom's car

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Rho, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

OSHKOSH, Wis. – A toddler in Oshkosh is OK after taking his mother's car out for short spin down the block. Police said the mother of the 3-year-old boy told officers her son was asleep in the 1985 Buick sedan when she left it running and ran into the house for a moment Wednesday morning.
    When she returned, the car was gone. Police say the boy knelt on the seat, pulled down on the gear shift lever and started to roll down the block.
    The car had traveled nearly two blocks before an officer was able to stop the vehicle.
    ---

So how long before Jackass Thompson says "OMG THIS WAS BECAUSE OF VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!"?

I just can't help but hind of chuckle at these stories.

2. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

In all honesty it was pretty stupid of her to leave the car running, even if it was just for a few moments. A running car is a lot easier to steal for one thing.

Having known several people that this kind of thing happened to though admittedly they were older than 3, one of my friends smashed up the front of her dad's car after driving into a lampost when she was about 7) then I don't think it is anything seriously bad. Nobody was hurt and at the end of the day this kind of thing happens