Laws in general! :)

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Catch the Rain, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I know there is a similar debate! But this one is different promise! :)

Are Laws actually beneficial to society? Surely they make things more difficult for the good decent people. Those people never cross the laws but the wrong doers of society are almost given freedom to do as they will, they wont follow the laws anyway so they do as they wish.

So my question is: Is there a point to laws? Do they actually help society? What are your opinions?

Asalways play nice no fighting! Its in debate corner sure but no blood :)

2. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Yes, they can help society greatly depending on how they work.

You can have a really tight law-system that gives people almost no rights, but they can be guaranteed safety and a place to live, as well as food to eat.

Or you can have tons of freedom, but have many criminal acts more than the previously stated law system. Thus making freedom very contradicting in many ways.

Laws can help society. It puts a limit on the people so people don't go crazy and do...crazy things. I would much rather have a law-based society if anything. =/

3. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I think laws are a good idea. The give society structure and all that.

It's when the 'beautiful people' are given exceptions to the laws that the average joe citizen has to adhere to. THAT'S when the problem arises.

Take for example a certain heiress that's been released recently from prison. She already had her driving permit suspended but since she thinks she's above the law, she goes out driving anyway. Anyone else would get thrown into prison for the full sentence {I think it's 45 days.}

She got her sentence reduced to 25 days with good behavior {lol} and gets put into a 2 person cell made for celebrities. She spends 1 night, throws a spoiled brat tantrum and gets put on house arrest.

So yes, I think we do need laws that apply to EVERYONE in society with equal consequences for their actions.

4. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

^Thats one of the reasons that gave me the idea for this thread! It seesm now days that it is not what you have done but who you are when it comes to the law system! I agree with your entire post! :) Darky I agree law is a good idea but there just seesm so many flaws to the system in today's society.

5. EvilMan_89 Code Master

they are good things. without them, we wouldn't have the stuff we have today

6. Anderson (☞゚∀゚)☞ You've lost the game.

Law helps create order in a society and to lessen the possibility of mass chaos.

7. Rosey Chaser

Ahhhhhhhhh. Paris Hilton.... SHe needs to learn that drinking and driving do not mix -_-

And laws need to apply to everyone. Not just ordainary people. Celebraties too.

8. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

Yus. Without them, society is a free-for-all. People would just run around killing eachother & well, just general madness. Then again, politics is already like that so maybe Im wrong...

Speaking of her. She has NO excuse. She could afford to hire ANYBODY to drive her.
    That being said, I do feel sorry for her ;__;

9. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

yeah, people go around killing people anyway, the law just makes sure that they are punished (although this rarely happens anyway).

laws exist to preserve order in society, to protect the innocent from those who would mean them harm. unfortunately, anything with humans in the mix is inherantly imperfect. there will always be corruption, mistakes, undue leniancy (*coughPARIS HILTONcough*) and just general stupidity.

i agree that the system we have atm is bad, it doesnt really work, but is there really any alternative? i think that our current system is the best kind out there, but there is SO much room for improvement. (UK btw)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.