Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Fearless A good and beautiful child

The witch went down, and with it, went the castle. It seemed that today was destined to get weirder and weirder, and there was no way off of this crazy train Gwendolyn had found herself on. Welp. Choo choo, motherfuckers, here comes trouble, whether you like it or not.

Gwendolyn had remained silent for the majority of the conversation around her, getting more and more lost by the second. Keyblade? Test? Everyone else here seemed to know each other, know what was going on, and here she was, literally stumbling around in the dark, all on her own. On top of that, her cat seemed to have disappeared. This morning (?) she'd been tending to chocobos in a field, and now she was standing here, dirty, totally fucked up from that fight, and just as confused as ever, holding the weird key thing that had magically appeared in her hands.

This was bullshit, and she was pretty much done with it.

"Yeah, hi, excuse me?" Gwendolyn shouted, putting her hand in the air, interrupting everyone. "Someone wanna tell me what the fuck is going on?"

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Aislinn was taken aback by the response she had gotten from Kaida. She was trying to be helpful and thought that maybe, just maybe the others shared the same dream as her, wanting to become a keyblade master one day. Perhaps she was wrong, either way, she wasn't going to push the matter. "I am sorry I upset you." Aislinn said calmly, taking a step back instead of risking adding fuel to the fire. Well that had not gone well for her at all, did it? Another boy spoke up as well, also defending their right to be angry, and Aislinn let out a sigh. "I don't know what you kids have been through. I know that I am scared and unsure of what happened to my own world. To my sister and my neice and nephew, but that is why I am here. I let that guide me and I keep my wits about myself. Anger can lead to rash decisions and that won't go well. Anger also leads to divide when you are yelling at each other. I only wanted to help, give something else to focus on, but clearly I was in the wrong for doing that, so I am sorry." Aislinn apologized before turning to Yue as she began to speak again.

Listening to the explanation, Aislinn was getting nervous. Not for herself, but the people around her. "You said you knew the reapers, you could get them to modify the game. Why can't you make it less deadly... Why do so many have to die and not simply fail if they don't complete this little game of yours. They are only children some of them." Aislinn insisted glancing at the group around her. It wasn't supposed to be meant in a bad way, but there was a lot of life left in all of them, and now they were being thrown into a game where it was possible none of them would make it out alive. "I will partake in test, but please, consider their lives." Aislinn tried to plead her case in a soft voice. It didn't matter if she didn't know any of these people, she didn't want to see them die. ​

3. Aelin Best Waifu

The offer, it didn't really make much sense to Karina. She didn't understand what exactly Lea wanted to do once he found people, but her options were limited. "I don't know how to use any other weapon. I was never allowed to train with the boys back home." Karina glanced over at the others crowding around Yue. "But it looks like I don't have much of a choice. I can't go home, I don't have any way out of here, wherever here is, and I don't have any way of protecting myself." Karina stated clearly, crossing her arms. "Look I don't know how I can help you, but I can't help you like this. I can't stand who I am. This was not what I intended to become when I ran away from home. I don't know how to help you." Karina insisted. She knew that to do anything, for herself or anyone else she had to figure all this out first. She couldn't stumble around lost forever, and she was sick of being scared and angry all the time. She was sick of feeling alone no matter what she did. That was the person she was entering the trial, now she was shattered and unsure. She couldn't comprehend why Lea would want someone like that with him on his little quest.

4. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel stood silently as he observed and listened to his surroundings. It seemed a great many of them were ready for the mark of mastery exam, even with the uncertainty of having it mixed with the event known as "The Reapers' Game." He shivered. Having inherited some of the knowledge of the original Steel, he was aware in passing of the game and it's rules, though he was not privy to the specifics. It was only to be expected; since the rules of game were decided by the 'Composer', and two games held by two different composers could be vastly different. Still, the survival rate was uncomfortably low... not to mention who the participants of the game normally were in the first place.

Then there was her.

To be honest, Steel had entirely forgotten that they were trying to rescue 'The Incredible SULK'. Another thing that wasn't surprising: in the heat of the moment she was quite forgettable. Which was odd really. Karina seemed to thrive on attention from others: Her constant whining, seemed to draw a crowd that constantly tried to inform her that her life was still worth living, etc. etc. Yet she always had some reason to disregard their advice... as well as the fact that anyone other than her could have possibly ever suffered. He had been such a fool. To think he could say something that would make her see the truth, when so many others had tried and failed? It was no help that his method of giving pep talks... wasn't exactly known for being peppy. Karina had wound up hearing only the things that could be taken as insults, (Only about 25% really) and used it as an excuse to punch him in the face. Granted, it had been entertaining, seeing as how the girl who simply 'couldn't be understood' because 'he wasn't listening' had completely ignored him and beaten him to a pulp, ignoring all of the underlying implications of what he'd said. Perhaps he had simply been too tactful, but that was besides the point. She seemed to think their only reason for existing was to worship her... and they all pretty much just obliged her really. It hit a little to close to home for his taste, but in the end, he had over come his problems, hadn't he? So the difference between them was quite clear really: He had wanted to get over himself. She didn't, not really. Sure, she may not have wanted to be a burden, or thought she was in the way... but she ignored the fact that her own attitude was the problem; that she could never help anyone because she was always to busy wallowing in self pity, and not out of any physical fault. Change was hard.

Or to put it another way; he had faced his inner demons because even though he was afraid, he knew that he had to do it. Karina faced them because she was told that it was the only way to move forward. It was just a means to an end for her: she didn't want to change. She wasn't ready to change. She didn't have a reason. Even she herself realized that she wasn't who she was trying so hard to be. The best thing any of them could do for her was just leave her alone, though he doubted they would accept that if he said as much. The fact was that he was to silent before, would only make him seem like a jerk if he spoke up now. So even though Lea's mention of searching for others who were wandering the darkness piqued his interest, he knew that he didn't really have a choice. That was Karina's path, and he couldn't be there to walk it with her. He would only make things worse in the end. Could he really do it though? Could he abandon a 'family member'? Yes. He decided with clenched fist. Yes he could. Because she might just die this way if he doesn't. She had to go without him, and if anyone else went, than perhaps that was what their heart told them to do, and they could help her in the end.

With that he had officially spent too much time dwelling on Karina.

"I'll take the test too." He spoke out suddenly, ignoring the random 'event' that had occurred between Aislinn and Kaida. Did at least one person in the group have to be a child at all times or something? "The odds may be low, but we'll never get anywhere just sticking around here. We have to move forward somehow; if we don't die in this 'Reapers' Game', we'll just wind up dying down here instead. Might as well go down fighting at the very least."

Wow. That had sounded significantly more negative than he had meant for it to. He game a 'Hmmm' as his tail swished behind him... wait had no one still noticed that? Or the fact that he was super duper covered? Or were they just smart enough not to say anything? He could never tell with this group.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  5. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Once Karina walked toward Lea, Luna made her way near Yue as she was explaining this Reaper's Game of some sort. A game of second chances? Quite curious, Luna continued to listen as Yue continued to explain what it was exactly. She went on to inform everybody about what a keyblade master is and how a wielder can become said master by completing the Mark of Mastery exam. Giving everybody two choices, one: to go with Yue and complete the Mark of Mastery, or two: to go with Lea to find the lost drifters within the realm of darkness, Luna had felt conflicted. On one hand, she could go through with the exam and be one step closer to restoring Solara Lua and finding her brother. On the other hand, she could help find the lost drifters and possibly find Blake among those lost drifters. As her head continued to spin with those choices in her head, she knew deep down what she had to do.

Luna spoke up after the others made their own choices, "Regardless of whether this might be the most difficult trial I'll probably ever partake in my life, I'll definitely overcome this and pass this trial! I have the future of an entire kingdom's weight on my shoulders. I have to protect them and continue to bring them peace! I won't let them down!!" Resolution burning within her eyes, Luna stared at Yue making sure she knew her decision.

6. Krowley Moderator

"There's six members of the hellfire club left...No Heart and his apprentices are four...So, Ten that we know of...? Yeah. Ten i think. Ten? Ten. Yeah. Probably ten."
    After hearing Beuce's explanation, Dreamer stepped in. "Actually there are a total of 10 members. And with Mizrabel's defeat that puts them down to 9. And If I know Maleficent, they've probably got a keyblade wielder with them as well."
    "What can I do? I have not been much help so far and I just ended up here. I feel like i am probably met to be here." AJ added.
    "Every helping hand counts... As novice as some of you may be, this group of light will need as many heroes as it can.

"Yue... what happens if we fail? If we don't pass, what happens to us?"
    "You said you knew the reapers, you could get them to modify the game. Why can't you make it less deadly... Why do so many have to die and not simply fail if they don't complete this little game of yours. They are only children some of them."
    Yue thought for a moment. "Well, even if I were to get them to make an exception, the game still requires a price for entry. And I'm not talking the monetary kind... Who knows what the Game composer would want to take at this point in your junction."

"Yeah, hi, excuse me?" Gwendolyn shouted, putting her hand in the air, interrupting everyone. "Someone wanna tell me what the fuck is going on?"
    Hikaru stepped forward to try and ease some of the confusion for the newcomers. Far as he could tell everyone was still in one piece, with the addition of four new people. The blonde haired AJ, the older brunette, the guy who looked similar to Beuce, and this girl. With the disappearance of D'daear, this put the group at sixteen total. Just taking a moment to really look at everyone was a revelation for him. It appeared that wasn't the only one who went through an awakening. From what he could tell, Beuce's arm has been remade, Steel had become more of an anthropomorphic animal, Raisor had switched genders, and Karina lost her keyblade.

@Fearless

"I'm Hikaru," he said, approaching Gwendolyn. "And, I guess I can try catching you up with what Beuce explained earlier." He took in a deep breath. "So, there are a couple of groups bent on achieving power via something called Kingdom Hearts. They've been going around destroying worlds and abducting special princesses to do so. Also messed a lot with the timeline... We are something of a small brigade of keybladers, I guess. Just trying to help others in repairing the damage that has been done and keeping the worlds safe. The tall red haired guy is Lea, and the brunette with the blindfold is Yue. They're part of a group of powerful keyblade weilders cause the order.... Kaida's part of the order too!" He pointed to the blonde girl not far off from them. "And the guy in the white cloak is Dreamer... he's uh..."
    "An overseer, the man in white replied. "Meant to keep balance and share knowledge," Dreamer commented.
    "Right."
    "Speaking of which, you children will be meeting new wielders all the time... I suppose it's time I gave you an official almanac."

DREAMER HANDED YOU A BOOK.

"This is an enchanted book that will supply you with knowledge over time. Use it well..."

7. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Well, at least she'd gotten some attention, Gwendolyn thought. And an explanation, although to be quite frank, she now had more questions than answers. Still, at least Hikaru had tried, and that was something.

"Nice to meet you," Gwendolyn nodded at Hikaru. "I'm Gwendolyn. And, uh... that's all cool and all, and it sounds like y'all are fighting the good fight, but... why am I here? How did I even get here? I thought I was legit dead..."

She paused for a moment, ineffectually attempting to wipe some dirt off her cheek, and looked down at the silver blade still in her hand.

"Is this... one of those Keyblade things?"

She stared at it a moment longer, only looking up when Dreamer handed her a book. Maybe the book would give her some answers. Though, she didn't fancy carrying all this stuff with her everywhere she went. At least she didn't have to carry the cat anymore.

Gwendolyn tucked the book under her arm, and then had another jolting, terrible thought.

"My home... and my Dad... are they gone?"

8. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Walking over, Glen stopped nearby enough that he could see the book. It sure looked like an ordinary book, but then again his scarf looked like an ordinary scarf. Wait, his scarf was an ordinary scarf. Huh, well Dreamer seemed to know things so he'd trust the guy for now. Anyway, he needed to answer Gwendolyn's question. He hoped the language barrier wasn't a problem, when she'd said that word 'fuck' he'd become curious; what was that word and what did it mean?

"Not a clue about your parents, but the keyblade's an easy question. Yeah, you're holding a keyblade. Point it at any lock and the lock will open, defeat a heartless with it and it'll free the hearts, except for the pure black ones...those ones kinda just go poof if you hit them enough. You'd better give the book a good read over, if this mark of mastery thing's as bad as it sounds then you're going to have to know how to use your keyblade. Try not to overthink it, and remember" Glen said, tapping the book with his keyblade, causing it to open to the table of contents, "everything else you need to know is in there" he explained, helpful as always.

@Fearless

9. Fearless A good and beautiful child

The book opened before her like magic at the other boy's tap, and she quickly skimmed down the table of contents. It seemed like a lot to memorize, and gods knew she'd never been the best at school. But this was so much different than any class she'd ever been in. This was a lot of new information to take in.

But, hadn't she just helped everyone defeat that witch? She hadn't thought about it at the time, but if she could handle that, then surely she could keep going? It wasn't like her Dad was waiting for her at home.

"Well, uh," Gwendolyn started slowly. "I, uh, I guess I can try? I mean, I definitely don't wanna sit here doing nothing if you guys are gonna be risking your necks to save the world."

She opened the book to a random page, and boy, this thing was a regular encyclopedia of keyblade-y stuff. That dude hadn't been kidding about it being enchanted, because this thing seemed to contain more information than there were pages. She looked up again, at all the faces staring at her, and realized with embarrassment that she'd been pretty obnoxious to everyone when she'd interrupted them.

"Um, thanks, everyone."

10. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Ananta stepped forward after the book appeared and watched it open up like magic with just a touch of the keyblade. She chuckled at Gwendolyn and patted her head. "It's okay, don't be embarrassed." Ananta said. "I assure you, we don't mind. That's what we're here for. Now, let me look at the book with you." Ananta started to flip through and was amazed at all the things. She was even amazed at the fact that the time she saw Steel's secret was there...but that was something she hadn't told anyone. So how was it in this book?

Speaking of that, Ananta looked up and glanced at Steel. She stared at him for a long moment before she walked over to him. "Steel, you look....a lot different now...sort of like how I saw you way back when...except clearer and not covered in darkness. Did this happen because of your awakening?" she asked, tilting her head. "It fits you."

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

In the midst of the others either declaring that they were either taking part in the the Mark of Mastery or heading with Lea to find the other keyblade wielders who had lost the way, the majority of them opting for the former, Kel had made his way over towards where Karina and Lea currently were. He was still both concerned and curious as to what it was that had happened to her and prior to just this moment there wasn't much of a chance to do so. "Hey Karina." He started once he was where they were. She'd likely heard 'Are you alright' enough from Ananta and/or Luna when they had last approached her, so he wasn't going to ask that. "Just so you know, my offer still stands about letting you come back with me to my homeworld." To be honest Kel wasn't even sure that she still remembered that offer given how long its been since he first said. Still he meant what he said when he said it so a potential reminder didn't hurt.

12. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

Andrew stood there when Xara came cove and said something to him. 'Join us! We're all gonna be here together, and we get partners! I think.' "I do not think I will be going anywhere else anytime soon." 'Hey, if someone like me who got stuck in the Relam of Darkness for like most of the story qualifies to take the Mastery Exam, then I bet you're qualified too.' He could not help but smile at the girl. "I guess so." Then a man that he still did not know came up to him and said, 'Yeah, don't sell yourself short. You handled yourself pretty well against the witch, not sure we could've done it without you.' "Thank you." He did not know what else to say to the boy. He was not so sure but he guessed that he would have to go with it. Kaida then asked what happens if we fail? He did not think that was going to happen to most of the people here but it did not hurt to ask. He slightly wondered what the answer was himself. Then a teen with a glass arm said something about going after guardians. He was going to ask about it but thought better of it. He probably was not going to get an answer anyways. He just would have to add that to the growing list of things he would find out later. 'We'll take out the hellfire club, the guardians, the apprentices, no heart, all of them.' He still had no clue who No Heart was. At least with the hellfire club he had some sort of idea. 'There's six members of the hellfire club left...No Heart and his apprentices are four...So, Ten that we know of...? Yeah. Ten i think. Ten? Ten. Yeah. Probably ten.' That was a lot of people after this group. Then there was the fact that he still did not know what why so many people were after this group.

More and more people seemed to want to go on the Reaper's Game. They all had this goal in there mind or so it seemed. Then someone shouted, 'Yeah, hi, excuse me? Someone wanna tell me what the fuck is going on?' He guessed that was one way to get attention but it seemed to be a bit overboard. He then decided not to say anything for now. Aislinn and Kaida were talking about the kind of fight that they had. Then Aislinn said something about making modify the game. To make it less deadly. It seemed like a good idea. He sure hopped that no one was going to die. His suggeston was igored about sticking together to take down the rest of the towers. The fact that Mizrabel was hard enough with all of them fighting was the reason he had said anything at all. Then they had to fight more of these crazy people.

It turned out that someone he did not know went over to help the girl from earlier. Everyone seemed to want to go on this Reaper's Game. Well it did not hurt to join them. Besides he had nothing better to do. Then the man in the white said, 'Actually there are a total of 10 members. And with Mizrabel's defeat that puts them down to 9. And If I know Maleficent, they've probably got a keyblade wielder with them as well.' "You mean to tell me that there are like 18 more crazy people out there that are after you. You have the nine members and then a possible nine more keyblade wielders." What had this group of people done to get so many people after them? He wanted to know, but at this point he guessed that it might be better not knowing. 'Every helping hand counts... As novice as some of you may be, this group of light will need as many heroes as it can.' He guessed that at one point this group was larger then what it was now. 'Well, even if I were to get them to make an exception, the game still requires a price for entry. And I'm not talking the monetary kind' "Wait we have to give something to enter the game?" That would have been nice to know a awhile a go. He was starting to notice a ongoing theme with a lack of knowledge. It seem like information was only given the moment it was needed. Information was still information so who was he to complain. 'So, there are a couple of groups bent on achieving power via something called Kingdom Hearts.' Oh course there is, he thought. Why could people not achieve power by taking out a pie factory. It always had to be big or go home, or at most that was what happened in the stories. These people were trying to stop this evil group. 'They've been going around destroying worlds and abducting special princesses to do so. Also messed a lot with the timeline... We are something of a small brigade of keybladers, I guess. Just trying to help others in repairing the damage that has been done and keeping the worlds safe' It looked like he was right about these people. It was then said that the man in white name was Dreamer. 'An overseer, Meant to keep balance and share knowledge' It seemed a little odd that was all Dreamer did, but he said nothing on the fact. That was when Dreamer handed the girl a book and she said her name was Gwendolyn.

A book was a powerful tool that would be useful. The book itself would give him some information. In fact it was probably the best was to get information. Glen then confirmed that what they were using in the battle were indeed keyblades. He walked over to them and looked at the the open book for a moment. "Do you mind if i have a look at the book?"

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  13. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Hold up a second, I need this" he said, sweeping up the book in one fluid movement, "to check this other guy out. I'll check you out a little later, if you know what I mean" he spoke, giving an ever so sly wink as he said so. With book in hand, he took a couple of steps over to AJ and directed him just a little away from the group, only a couple of meters or so. "Alright, I'm grateful for you saving me back in that fight. I owe you, and I don't like owing people I don't know. So, I'll give you the book, but first you gotta tell me a little about yourself. Name, homeworld, oh oh give me your favourite brand of alcohol too" he demanded, giving a somewhat mischievous grin as he conversed with the newcomer.​

14. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Luna stood there for a couple of moments before looking around noticing the others talking to each other. She noticed a girl out of the corner of her eye. She heard the name Aislinn being spoken here and there. Luna hadn't seen her before, curious as to who she was, Luna walked over to her to introduce herself. "Hi there! I don't think I've seen you before. My name is Lunala. Lunala Kiatespira." She smiled at her as she awaited for a response.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    It all seemed like a huge risk that they were taking with all of this. Still, Aislinn had made up her mind. She wanted to be a keyblade master. She wanted to make a difference and be the hero. She wasn't about to let the risk scare her off. She had already lost her sister and family to the darkness that took her world. While Aislinn wasn't entirely sure what had happened to her world, she knew that they had been fighting a losing battle when she was dragged into the darkness. Chances were her world was gone, and she had no clue if there was any way to get it back. If there was, becoming a keyblade master wouldn't harm her finding the answers, if nothing else it would help it.

While Aislinn was thinking on all this, a girl walked up to her introducing herself. Aislinn turned to her and smiled. "Nice to meet you Lunala, I am Aislinn McCraken. I just kind of arrived recently. I found the castle while lost here and well, that boy over there let me in right before the witch lady attacked. So now I am here." She tried to explain the best she could. ​

16. Krowley Moderator

Lea scratched the back of his head. Karina was currently Ina depressive and self destructive state right now. Being the only one among her traveling companions to fail was a heavy burden. "Believe it or not kiddo, there's a lot of scared kids out there in a worse condition then you..." He could tell those words weren't having much affect as he looked at her. "You know... Back in the day, I was kind of a renegade too... There was a part of my life that I didn't even use my name... Called myself Axel. Told everyone to memorize it. Boy, was that a mistake." He recalled the countless times of his life that where people mistook him for his nobody counterpart. "And I only called myself that because I... wasn't myself. I was some one seperate from the Lea you know and see today." He scratched his cheek and tried to remain aloof as he continued on. "All I'm saying is that if you don't want to be Karina for a while, you don't have to.| He reached behind him and pulled out a black coat. "I was going to use this to cloak myself in the shadows, but you could use it more than I."

Lea handed Karina a BLACK COAT to wear.

"There's a hidewaway I used to use not far from here. Has some more black coats, weapons. Something you could defend yourself with. In the end it's your call as to whether or not you want to go." He looked tot he rest of the group, huddling around Dreamer's book and talking to Yue. "If you were to leave, I'd say a goodbye or two..."

17. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina sort of doubted that there were people out there much worse off than her. How many people had fathers literally hunting them down to kill them? Chances were not many, and Lea probably didn't even know the entire story to be talking about it. Part of Karina wanted to speak up, but Lea went on to something else, talking about names. A name could help with the change possibly. She hated Karina, so perhaps she didn't need to even be Karina at all. Besides perhaps it would help throw her father off her trail if she didn't use that name anymore. "I will think about it." Karina told him not entirely wanting to give him the satisfaction of being right. He then handed her a cloak. Karina looked at the cloak for a moment before switching it out with Kaida's cloak. She was about to do something unheard of and thank Lea when Kel approached.

Karina cocked her head at the comment about returning to his world.
    "I think it is a little late for that now. I have my own path I need to walk down, whether I like it or not." She pointed out glancing over at Lea. "But before I do, I have to do something." Karina said walking away from the two men and approaching the group by Yue, dropping the cloak on Kaida's head. "Thanks, but I don't need it where I am going." She stated turning to walk away. There was no goodbyes. She hated goodbyes, it added a sense of it being personal and she hated that, she worked hard to make sure nothing was personal between her and the other members of the party. She had not realized that when she gave Kaida the cloak back, she had not realized that she had left her voice recorder in it, didn't even occur to her to check as she began to walk back to Lea, trying not to look back at the group.

18. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Kaida felt the cloak drop on her head, and she pulled it off of it and held it in her arms for a moment. Kaida watched Karina walk away and, she knew she probably wasn't going to reply, but she shouted anyway, "We'll see you later!" she knew others probably didn't wanna see her extensively, but Kaida just wanted to wish luck and hope at the very least Karina made it through all of this. Kaida went to fold the cloak to put it back in her bag. She didn't feel the recorder right then, so it ended up mixed in with everything. But Kaida might discover it later if she needed to bring it out again.

Kaida then sealed the bag and took a deep breath saying, "I'll do my best. And hope that with all we've done so far, I've improved on those things I've faltered..." she punched her gloved hand into her bare hand, which probably felt less comfortable than if she did it the other way around and said, "Lets beat this Reaper's Game and become keyblade masters then!"

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Can't say he was surprised by the response that Karina had given him. For better or for worse, usually the latter, her stubbornness was what defined her as Karina. "I figured as much. Well take care of yourself then." Karina had already gone off to return Kaida's cloak to her by the time he said his own goodbye. Kel then made his way back over towards the others who had decided that they were going with Yue to take the mark of mastery.

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Ignis Banner.png
    Ignis had been watching the group gather around the book that Yue brought out and noticed Karina talking with Lea as well. Eventually she ended up taking the coat and giving the coat she had on back to Kaida. There wasn't much said, but Ignis didn't mind. There were some moments where words didn't need to be said for one reason or another. As Karina walked away, Ignis only had one thing to say to her.

"Even in darkness we can find answers." She walked away and put up a hand. "Good luck."

With that Ignis walked toward the group, wondering when they were going to get started with these tests.