Kingdom Hearts "Hikari" hits Number 2 for Top Video game themes

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, it seems that today Oricon has put up their results for the top vocaled theme songs in video games. What they search for mainly is the content of the song, and how it works with the video game.

In first place came Real Emotion from Final Fantasy X-2, this is due to how the game seemed to have focused a bit more on the light hearted side, also Pop Music has been really famous for the past generation and having it incorporated into a game giving the song meaning of the story as well mixes together for a great result. Even if the game wasn't that good.

In second place came Kingdom Heart's "Hikari" (Not to be mistaken with simple and clean) in which the reason why this song came in second is due to just listening to the song, you are able to understand the meaning of the game, as well as the feelings and emotions the game will bring.

In third place is Final Fantasy VIII's Eyes on Me, this is due to how beautiful the peace sounds, and how much emotion in packs for the scene it is played in, the music focuses around Squall and Rinoa, and this track was the perfect way to show it.

In fourth place was Tales of the Abyss "Karma" This is mainly to do with the lyrics fitting the point of the game very good, giving off the same feel the game was meant to give off.

Final Fantasy XII's "Kiss me Goodbye" snagged fifth place, however it is not given it's own description.

Source: Oricon

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Jan 10, 2008.

1. venster
      venster
      Wow, I was surprised that FF got a most of the places.
    2. Shiki
      Shiki
      I actually enjoyed most of those songs on the list except the tales of abyss one since i never have heard it before....​
    3. Darkandroid
      Darkandroid
      Funny how 4 of the 5 are from Square-Enix games. XD
    4. Solid Snake
    5. EvilMan_89
      EvilMan_89
      i dont' agree with the first place one cuz i liked "1000 Words" better but that song is ok too but i guess it's only because it's not an opening to a game. I definitely LOVE hikari but i like the english version "simple and clean" better becuz i can understand it. and Karma, OMG, i LOVE Tales of the Abyss :D i LOVE everything about Tales of the Abyss. the script REALLY killed me becuz it was so funny becuz the script sucks so much, lol.
    6. Hakurei Reimu
      Hakurei Reimu
      Sweet. I new Square would come up somewhere in the top ranks. Nice to see that they made more than 1 place.
    7. Clawtooth
      Clawtooth
      Mastersword... it came EVERYWHERE in the top ranks. I wonder obout 6-10 if they did ten.
    8. gamemaster1598
    9. Lord Ryu
      Lord Ryu
      This is slightly bias, as it's really difficult for a fan community to come up with a list of best vocal songs of all time that isn't biased in the slightest. Additionally, there's the whole deal of favorite genres and all. For example, if I made a list like this, it would probably contain 'Dreams of an Absolution' from Sonic Next-Gen and 'Open Your Heart' from Sonic Adventure. But then again, I'm a Sonic the Hedgehog fan.
    10. Lulus_Moogle
      Lulus_Moogle
      Woot! Go square. I have to say Real Emotion is an awsome game opening! Even if the game didn't live up to the theme song... Oh wellz!

And 'Eyes on me' Is SO beautiful! I have to say they did a very good job picking these ^^
    11. Akino
      Akino
      I'm suprised most of the games were made by Square. But I'm glad 'Karma' made it into the list. I loved the song and the game. (Yay for ToA!) Anyways, I'm glad 'Hikari' made it to second. I liked it better than 'Simple and Clean' since the lyrics were more related to the game.
    12. Darkcloud
      Darkcloud
      I think it's no surprise that such popular games like KH and FF had their songs in such high ranks. Kudos to the judges! I think they made the right choices! Bwahahaha!
    13. GhettoXemnas
      GhettoXemnas
      Lol, lots of FF games.
      I like that they picked Hikari because Simple and Clean didn't go with the game. It was like a pop song just thrown in to sound cool and give the game a fast paced feel.
    14. keyblademaster1300
      keyblademaster1300
      yeah i like simple and clean better but hikaru is good 2
    15. fullmetal_otaku
      fullmetal_otaku
      YAY!!!!! Tales of the Abyss!!!!

Im glad that its on this list, Karma is a great song, and Tales is a great game / series of games.

Im saying that Kingdom Hearts is bad, I love KH too XDXDXD
    16. morris1113
      morris1113
      wow, all great choices i lown em all and love em all, i didnt see Real Emotion coming as an actual choice but its a good song never the less if FF10-2 wasnt all that great
    17. Whelpsystem
      Whelpsystem
      I'm sorry, that look terribly biased. I mean there are many Video game themes that are so much better than Real emotion. (or rather most of the Square enix, but I probably do agree that Hikari should be somewhere at the top, but not number two)

P.S How on earth Kiss me goodbye number five? That has to be one of the most unremeberable FF songs ever and I've completed 12 twice now.
    18. kitty_mckechnie
      kitty_mckechnie
      I agree, Real emotion in't the best video game theme. Don't get me wrong, i love the song, but i've heard better.

I do think Hikari deserves to be in the top few though.
    19. smartguy_05
      smartguy_05
      I have to agree with EvilMan. I think 1000 words is better than Real Emotion. Other than that, the songs listed there are great!