Fandub [KHV] KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep (TGS 2009 Fandub)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Mike, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Mike Chaser

The day has finally came for the next English [KHV] KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep fandub production. The next promotional video has been made based from the Tokyo Game Show 2009 event that was taken place back in September. The video features an extended cast for an anticipating video that many fans have been eager to watch. The level of development for this video has been raised. The bars have been literally raised to such a high level for a fandub. I've been working and planing this particular fandub for two months and wouldn't release it until I thought the video was done to satisfaction. I hope you guys take a peek at the new video from the KHV team.

Regarding Ven's voice. Jesse McCatney has recently confirmed himself for the next KINGDOM HEARTS title. It's safe to say that my role as Ven, will sound similar to Ven's voice actor. I can't guarantee that, because everyone has their own taste, but I've worked hard to once again impersonate McCartney. As for the rest of the team, the reason why I picked them for this production was because I thought their voice fit perfectly for how I felt these characters would sound. Please comment and share any suggestions at all that you have. I also want to give a personal thanks to everyone who has helped out. I could have never done it without you guys. Thank you so much.

Also I want to apologize about my latest update asking for help with the roles. I got in contact with the missing role today, so the member was able to keep his role in the production.

Video Cast:
    Translations
    : Olivia, Lissar & Mike (CGNET)
    Videos Recorded: DChiuch
    Video Editor: Mike (CGNET)
    Sound/Audio Effects: Mike & ComicGambler666

Video Information:
    Video Released:
    Novmeber 30th 2009
    (JP) Release:
    January 9th 2010
    Copyright: All characters are copyright SQUARE-ENIX
    Disclaimer: This is only a fandub. Our purpose is to show the video dubbed in English.

Voice Over Cast:
    » Aeleus (Lexeaus): Voiced by iwuzhere9
    » Aqua: Voiced by Kissy-Sensei
    » Announcer: Voiced by Mike (CGNET)
    » Captain Hook: Voiced by Genshie
    » Cinderella (Crying): Voiced by Daelyn
    » Doc: Voiced by Genshie
    » Dilan (Xaldin): Voiced by Geokeeno
    » Eraqus: Voiced by Ryusuke
    » Even (Vexen): Voiced by Zeftnon - The Superior
    » GodMother: Voiced by Usako
    » Jaq: Voiced by Greater_bloo
    » King Mickey: Voiced by Hlmactiii
    » Maleficent: Voiced by Refi-chan
    » Master Xehanort: Voiced by The Hallstar
    » Queen: Voiced by Refi-chan
    » Snow White: Voiced by Spunk Ransom
    » Stitch: Voiced by Geezernort's Apprentice
    » Terra: Voiced by JetFire62
    » Tinker Bell: Voiced by Lightofhope18
    » Vanitas: Voiced by Greater_bloo
    » Ven: Voiced by Mike (CGNET)

2. Firechakram Traverse Town Homebody

No offense, but that was pretty bad. So bad that I only watched half of it.
    I'm probably only saying this because I expect and want all voice acting to sound professional. But unfortunately, it doesn't.

3. Daelyn Moogle Assistant

This is really well done! The mixing is awesome and there are so many different voices and they were all put together really well!

I loved it ^^

4. Genshie Merlin's Housekeeper

Dude it is a fandub, if you are going to expect the voice acting to all sound professional then you are going to be disappointed. Besides, you are totally missing the point if you are looking at it that way. I thought it came out nicely and Even's voice was like wow... XD

5. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

were the link?

6. MyChuck Merlin's Housekeeper

This is God Awfull. :( I really liek this site, but can you please stop posting the fandubbings?

7. xkh2x Traverse Town Homebody

YAYYYY!!! JESSE MCCARTNEY :D
    Aqua's voice is so cute!!
    lol, yeah, good job :D

8. Geezernorts_Apprentice Destiny Islands Resident

This is really good! Everyone did really well on this!

9. misterdj Moogle Assistant

I'm sorry, but I still can't get over MX's voice. I plain just don't like it. Also Captain Hook's voice just sounds CREEPY. Other than that, pretty good effort.

Tinkerbell was totally the awesomest.

10. Genshie Merlin's Housekeeper

I think I find Captain Hook from my point of view very creepy in general. He is not suppose to sound normal. I gave Mike several different versions and told him to pick the one he liked most. In some I made Hook sound more serious and other like the way it came out, as you call it CREEPY. By all means if you can tell me what I can improve upon, shoot! ^_^

Edit:@ People with responses like Mychuck:
    Also for those who are going to whine about the Fandubbings, these people are going out of their way to make you entertainment. If you don't like it why don't YOU help, or even better just don't watch it? Mike has given plenty of time for others to audition and has even extended it to the point where it was practically 2 weeks delayed. I think we rather hear some decent criticism rather than just saying, "YOU BAAADDA LOLLOLOL!1!1!" This is for fun and something to do while we wait for the upcoming games and otherwise more news on it.

11. 5wwia16 Merlin's Housekeeper

So if people think it isn't that good, you just put comment to that? Firechakram has an opinion. It's a free world y'know. Accept it!

12. MyChuck Merlin's Housekeeper

i dont get it. people all over Kingdom Hearts websites have all said stuff that they hate the fandubbings. especially gamefaqs, and a bunch of people here say that too since I visit the site sometimes.

so why do you post them since only such a small number of people like them? isnt it a waste of time since there are other things? i just heard Mickey Mouse's and Minnie Mouse's voice actors finished recording for BBS. Shouldn't you be posting about that???

13. hlmactiii Merlin's Housekeeper

Alright guys, listen up, and listen good. Mike and everybody involved in this fandub is providing a service/entertainment to everyone that you don't have to watch if you don't want to. It's your choice, so don't thrash it for watching it.

Second, fandubs are helpful for understanding something in a different language. I mean, it would be pretty pointless to do this fandub if the trailer was already made in english, unless you wanted to do it for fun. We are helping people to better understand the trailer beyond the subtitles and making it an overall more enjoyable experience until the real one comes out. So, please stop disrespecting this fandub cause it took a really long time to make and a lot of heart went into it. Just ignore it if you don't like it. That is all :P

14. Mike Chaser

Alright, I really do respect your comment, but come on.
    It's a fansite, did you think that their are professional voice overs on this website?
    It was opened to anybody on the website, but that doesn't mean that I just accepted anyone.

I'm sorry. I will not stop posting the fandubs, because there are still so many members that enjoy the work. My advice is to just ignore the videos if you really get annoyed by them. The last time I posted a video that was made by the team was about two months ago. I don't add fandubs everyday to the website. The news is still being covered, but I'm adding other things too, so many can enjoy other features from the website.

Thanks so much. As for her voice, your right. She really does have a beautful voice. I'm very lucky to have her on the team.

It is a free world, but some people are going to take what you said serious.
    You said the video was horrible because it wasn't professional. What exactly did you think others would say? Anyone will take that serious as far as what you said, but it's fine with me. I'm just doing what I enjoy and I hope there are at least others that enjoy. I know there are because of what I recieve from many members, so it's all good.

A lot of pople hate dubs because you have a lot of fans who just say random lines while the character's lips are moving. That is also considered a fandub. I hate those kind of fandubs too, but often a lot more fans enjoy when others work hard on supplying translations and voice overs before the game comes out. As far as Mickey and Minnie's voice overs, why would I need to update about that? Everyone knows that they are recording now because I just confirmed McCartney's role last night on an update. We obviously know the voice overs for Mickey and Minnie. These voice over's havn't changed, except Mickey because Wayne recently passed away. I already confirmed the new Mickey, which everyone should know that Bret Iwan will take the place for Wayne.

By the way, just letting you know. Since I started this production, I've recieved about two hundred auditions from fans.

Thanks a lot for that, but it's best we just let them say what they want. They do have a right to say what they want, but it's a bit sad how harsh they have to be to actually state how they feel. Whats important is that we know that there are still many fans that enjoyed the production and for us; we are like a family. We are so close, because together as a team we pulled off the first Englsih fandub for many to watch so they could understand what's going on in the promotion. That's an accomplishment that you shouldn't forget.

15. Genshie Merlin's Housekeeper

On a side note the Mickey Mouse thing is really old news. As soon as the original va passed away they got a replacement who occassionally did the voice for Mick on some things. So you automatically would assume that he would be doing this piece.

Again, you can not make us accept anything 5wwia16 except for the fact that it is an oppinion and ONLY an oppinion supported by you and some other PRICK who decided, "I AM GOING TO BE TROLL! ROLFMAO!!111!". You criticize without giving decent criticism. You don't explain anything except tell us that we are bad. Like others have said and what I have said already don't watch it if you don't like it. If you are going to critize at least tell us what is wrong. WE WANT CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! Alot of the cast here has been working hard to see the stuff actually even come out. If you are not going to be helpful part of the society then please keep it to yourself. If anything we are still learning and its only going to get better. AGAIN THIS IS A TRAILER, most of the time you have no idea how good something is from a TRAILER! (It can be bad but the whole thing still good or it can be good and come out bad)

16. Geezernorts_Apprentice Destiny Islands Resident

Well this is purely from a personal view, for you haters out there, why slate these when you don't slate the thousands of AMV's that go up on here every day? Mike and everyone on the team try their damndest to provide you guys something interesting to leven the mundanity between the teaser videos and the release of the actual game and all you do is throw it back in their faces. As the old saying goes "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all". I, personally, was overjoyed to be chosen to take part in this wonderful fandub with these wonderfully talented voice actors, they may not be exactly how you may like them to be but long story short, they aren't the official VA's so they're never going to be perfect but they try damn hard, I hope to work on more in the future if any more trailers come out before the release

17. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Twas great.
    Aqua's voice is pretty perfect for the role!

Come on people, no hating. We're here to show support. Atleast give feedback on improvements if you don't like it. No one improves if you don't tell them what's wrong.

18. Orpheus Merlin's Housekeeper

Amazing!!!

I can't wait to play it :yell:!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

19. Geezernorts_Apprentice Destiny Islands Resident

Yay! Positive comments! xD
    Orpheus, your siggy pic is huge dude :P

20. Genshie Merlin's Housekeeper

Last note, I would really like some constructive criticism. I would enjoy hearing the oppinions of others that has some advice on how I can improve on my performance. Besides that this was my first ever fandubbing. I got onto this because I loved the second trailer alot and wanted to be apart of it. Anyway yes, please send me some advice on how I can improve myself for the upcoming dubs. Send me pms or just respond here.