Fandub [KHV] KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep Fandub Production (Master Qualification Exam)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Mike, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Mike Chaser

The next installment for the [KHV] KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep fandub production is complete. This next scene is the "Master Qualifications Exam". In my opinion, it's one of the most important scenes from Birth by Sleep.

Our team worked very hard to complete this video, which includes voices for Aqua, Master Eraqus, Master Xehanort, Vanitas and Ventus.

We hope you guys enjoy the video. Any feeback or suggestions will help. Also, we will start production for the videos that have been requested by other fans very soon.

Video Cast:
    Translator: Strwbrymilk
    Video Editor: Mike (CGNET)
    Productions: CGNET

Voice Cast:
    Aqua: Kissy-Sensei
    Master Eraqus: Ryusuke
    Master Xehanort: The Hallstar
    Terra: JetFire62
    Vanitas: Greater_bloo
    Ventus: Mike (CGNET)

KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep is available in Japan. If you don't live in Japan and want your copy in Japanese, follow the link below.
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...s-70-3m7s.html

2. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

This viewer's jaw dropped when Vanitas spoke. Greater_bloo has a very, very charismatic voice. I wanted Ven to break canon and follow him just to hear more of it. :3 The Hallstar's Master Xehanort was also nice, and the microphone's lack of quality didn't get in the way all that much. And nice accent! As a Brit, I don't mind us being cast a villains constantly. We seem to have good accents for it regardless of the implications.

To repeat one of the Youtube comments, Ryusuke's Eraqus does sound a little bored or sad. But I guess that, it being a formal event, it's better for him to adopt a monotone voice rather than be all announcy and junk.

There's a point where the Japanese line obviously continued, but the English one stopped and there was a bit of an awkward pause, but other than that, the translation was pretty good, better than on some of the other videos. Though, don't be afraid to stretch lines out where they need to be stretched out.

So, in general, good job, I guess! ^-^

3. sonickenshin Merlin's Housekeeper

Agh, flargh! I wanted to redo my lines...

This is why. That, and I sounded mumbly. My thoughts of a more powerful take on him were a bit hindered by my fatigue.

Not really...

4. Dawn King's Apprentice

Master Eraqus, Terra, Aqua, and everyone did so well. This is the closest to perfect I have seen so far.

5. Captain Hero Hollow Bastion Committee

I liked Ven's voice and Aqua's voice the most. The others just seemed to be a little lacking in the emotion that the characters were displaying. Vanitas' voice needs a little work, but it sounds pretty good. Xehanorts mic seemed to cause a problem. And I don't want to sound negative, but Terra just sounded uninterested in everything that was going on. And I agree that Eraqus sounded monotone, but that's most likely due to the MQE. I'm anxious to see his next appearance.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Vanitas' voice was almost perfect. There was just a hint of trying to hard to be mysterious and dark.
    Ven's voice was nice, but the quality of the mic made it stick out.
    The first line Eraqus had was perfect, imo, but after that he went downhill kind of quick. Just because he's overseeing the exam doesn't mean he can't have any emotion.
    No complaints with Aqua really.
    Terra's voice needs to be a bit deeper. He sounds too young. And his battle noises need to be more...spontaneous.
    But not bad.
    Can we get a Braig scene done?

7. Mike Chaser

Yea, we are working on that scene coming up, but we are doing the requests in order and finishing up with the others that we started.

8. Misty gimme kiss

This one was really good. :] Terra and Eraqus weren't as good as the rest of you, but they did a lot better than I could ever do (especially as I don't speak in a basso profundo...). I thought Vanitas really stood out as the best though.

9. sonickenshin Merlin's Housekeeper

JetFire62 as Terra -

Kissy-Sensei as Aqua - Great voice as usual. I kind of felt the line where Aqua is telling Ven to go back to his room to show a little hint of urgency. Not too much, though. Overall, good job.

CGNET as Ventus - There was some instances where your accent popped up, and some of your lines peaked. "Who are you?" sounded a little too defensive. And the grunt that followed after (the "hah" when Ven got back into place) Ven swinged his Keyblade felt unneeded. But, overall, not bad.

Ryusuke as Master Eraqus - I absolutely hated listening to myself here. When I started recording this, I had so much fatigue that the energy I intended to do didn't follow through. I really, really wish I had the time to redo this scene. Also, that "Hm!" Eraqus had was supposed to be for when Eraqus pressed against his Keyblade. Heh, ah, well. I'll try to do better the next time.

Great_bloo as Vanitas -

The Hallstar as Master Xehanort - Interesting take. I guess the only thing I can critique against is your mic quality, but you did a great job.

Mixing - There are some instances that some scenes could have used SFX. Like the scene where Terra and Aqua fight, the swing of her Keyblade towards Terra's face could have used SFX to emphasize how close it got to hitting him. Also, a good bit of Terra and Aqua's battle cries were a bit off sync to what they're doing.