KH-Vids Sits with Kevin Delaney

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, although not much, we at KHV managed to have a quick chat with Kevin Delaney. If you don't know who he is, he voiced the Tournament Announcer, who was very enthusiastic about his job! Even if it's not a major role, he shares with us his thoughts on voice acting in Kingdom Hearts II

KD = Kevin Delaney

Xaldin: How did it feel when you got called to voice act in Kingdom Hearts II?

KD: Of course I was excited when I got the call to voice act in KH2!

Xaldin: Did you know much about Kingdom Hearts then?

KD: I'm not much of a gamer and am not all that up on the current hot games. I didn't know about the previous KH games, but I did some research online and learned about them prior to the session.

Xaldin: Where there any scrapped lines for your character?

KD: don't know if there were any lines we recorded which didn't make it into the game. I know there was some more to the part than was in the clip you sent me. I believe the announcer appears in some other point in the game, maybe at the end of the tournament. I do remember one of the lines was "What just happened . . . ?"

Xaldin: What type of description did they give you to portray his voice?

KD: As for the description I got for the Tournament Announcer, I was told they wanted something young, cool, fun sounding -- not an older, serious kind of announcer at all. The original game was done in Japanese, so we were essentially dubbing the new lines in English. I can't recall now if they showed me the video of what the guy looked like -- I think they did. Seeing a visual is always helpful in creating a voice for a character.

Xaldin: How did you feel about the character?

KD: I thought it was a fun part.

Xaldin: Overall how did you feel about the Project?

KD: I was happy to be a part of the game. I knew that a lot of celebrities were doing voices for it -- though I didn't get to work with any of them in the studio. I did attend the release party at the Pacific Design Center here in Los Angeles, and saw lots of young stars there. Unfortunately, the only person I recognized was Haley Joel Osment, and I didn't get a chance to talk with him.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Aug 25, 2007.