Digital Art Kayci Sprite Rough

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Vexen_Is_God, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Vexen_Is_God Gummi Ship Junkie

Very quick 5 minute sprite rough to get colours and patterns down for the main character of my team's game-in-the-making, Star Ocean: Fallen Angels. Kayci is one of the main choosable characters. I tried to mimic the size and style of the sprites in the Star Ocean series. I did fairly well I think with mimicking that style. Search up Star Ocean Second Evolution on YouTube if you want to view the style I am trying to copy.

This sprite was based on a rough sketch Sai provided. I think the colours match her very well. There is white, red, and some gold in there. Because we are taking a 'mount sprites as textures to a 3D plane approach' I didn't use pixel by pixel but made this in photoshop with burn/dodge tools mostly and flat colourization.

[​IMG]

This is the overall rough. It needs cleaning and tweaking, but I was trying to determine the exact design we wanted for her colourization-wise and all.

Comments?

2. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

That looks good, better than what I could do, so, for this small little thing, gets a good grade. 9.8/10.

3. Scott Pilgrim Banned

This is very well done. The clothing is impeccable and the basic design is flawless. 10/10

4. Vexen_Is_God Gummi Ship Junkie

Well I have gotten nothing but positive comments on this sprite on every forum I posted her on, which is surprising being how very speedily I made her. Once I get Sai's opinions, I'll just clean and start making the animations for her.