Just when you think cookies can be trusted...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Explode, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Explode Who?!

I would really love to know how this came to happen, although in a way I respect these guys for at least being creative with their torture. After a drug deal gone wrong, they kidnapped a man and tortured him, part of this torture consisted of burning him with freshly baked cookies.

This article covers the story:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-11-06-cookie-torture_N.htm?csp=34

Why did a couple of drug dealers have cookies in the oven anyway?
    I sure hope they weren't after "street cred," because burning your victims with tasty chocolate-encrusted confections isn't my idea of "menacing."

2. .Kairi. Kingdom Keeper

Cookie torture.... they're geniuses.
    You never know, drug dealers might like cookies too. But thats just ridiculous.

3. Explode Who?!

I don't see why they wouldn't like cookies, although it seems a bit weird for a means of torture. When I heard a vague description of the event, I pictured them as little kids. When I found out they were in their twenties, I burst out laughing!

4. Repliku Chaser

I suppose the victims of such incidences would be hard pressed to want to say what happened and lose all their street cred. "Uh yeah...these burn marks...they're from some batch of Tollhouse cookies. Yeah, straight from the oven, man." It makes me want to give them some milk.

5. Explode Who?!

Well actually, I was referring to the ones who committed the offense losing street cred, although that is just as bad XD

6. Repliku Chaser

It so works either way! It makes both sides look amusing. =:)

7. Sorax SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE is a triumph.

To the cookie question: Like, diddn't know dealers have a thing for cookies, it could've been that one of the dealers were actually studying home economics or something, just a guess

EDIT: As for the real story, I think that was rather interesting in a way but it also felt rather stupid don't you think?

8. Myth Tickle Merlin's Housekeeper

Perhaps the drug dealers were baking cookies for a case of the late night munchies.

What a way to lose their cookies!??! But...guess that was their own fault....

On the victim's side...how traumatic to be hurt by cookies. Would life with cookies ever be the same? Probably have a flashback while taking a batch from the oven...not a good situation.

9. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

They had the munchies. It was convenient.

10. Jordier0xs0x King's Apprentice

Thats so awful x_x The poor guy Is going to be scared of cookies for the rest of his life! =O

Theres a valuable lesson In this story, never eat cookies after they've just been taken out of the oven.

11. Mielé Banned

i...i dont geddit, WHO WOULD WASTE FRESHLY BAKED COOKIES!!!! D: any way, i kinda feel sorry 4 the guy, who wants to be burnt by tasty choc-chip cookies! i burnt myself once wen making them, and it hurt!

12. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

That's an interesting method to torture someone...pain from cookies.

...What a waste of cookies though.

13. Mirai King's Apprentice

What a way to torture. He's probably preminantly traumatized. I can just see him in a hospital bed in an asylum, in the fetal position screaming "COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!"

People get stupider every year or so.

14. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

cookie tourture???

just put them infront of my face and taunt me with them.

15. OneWingedHeartless Gummi Ship Junkie

That would've burnt the victim but who the heck would waste freshly baked cookies!?

16. Explode Who?!

I agree, if you happened to be baking at the time, wouldn't it be easier to just (not that I support this idea, just sayin' it) stuff their face in the hot oven?

17. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    The victim of this was probably expecting something a lot worse than to be burned with freshly baked cookies. He probably saw them get something out of the oven and got all worked up......and then it was cookies. XD.

I'm glad he lived, and it will be a great story for him to tell his grandchildren.

Don't do drugs kids, becuase you may get burned by oven-fresh cookies if you do

18. Dredica SNES was the best.

Who dosn't like cookies? Maybe the guy held the victim there, and made cookies, then dumped it on him.

lol. That would piss me off too.

19. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

Now see, this is one of those things you want to be serious about because someone got hurt...yet its impossible because they were cookie-tortured and you just burst out laughing.

Cookies, a very interesting weapon choice....

20. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

Wow...cookies for torture...that's...random...

FREE COOKIES!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.