Is Venus Earth's "Evil" Twin?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by reptar, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    Based on this Article, I'd suppose so. Venus is much like Earth except for its temperature and density difference. It is impossible for their to be life there in its current state. I suppose as far as planets go, these tendencies are as evil as they get.

3. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

Uhm, since this is a section of the Intelligent Discussion, could you try to contribute more? Just a thought.

Anyway, it's lightning. Hooray? I see where they're coming from with the "spark-of-life" statement, but it's a little hasty to just dismiss the fact out of hand because Venus doesn't have the same atmosphere as we do. Perhaps life will evolve there differently than on Earth.

...then again, I am a lazy sci-fi geek, so anything I say about space-related topics should automatically be disregarded. XD

4. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Well Venus and Earth are alike in much the same ways. Same size, atmospheres, but that's where there the likenesses ends.

While Venus does have an atmosphere, it is made up of sulfurous gases which gives it the yellow color. It is so thick that it literally bakes the planet below it. Sort of greenhouse effect to the extreme on Venus.

Life may evolve on Venus at some point in time but I don't see it in the near future.

5. Saintlikesgirls Chaser

planets have ice and frost and other liquid likes (i think)

anyways i this it is very interesting and they have deffinatly came up with a new nick name for it :P evil twin haha

yes.. well... someone said above me that our life might adapt but for me i wouldd say our bodies only adapt and mutate when needed so... unless we stick five million people over there uhmmm i dont think there will be much adapting an mutating/evolving

6. Perhaps venus was once like earth?

7. Inasuma "pumpkin"

^ It's certainly possible. It's also possible that life has long since been extinct, and disintegrated away in that same aspect.

8. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

I don't mean sticking humans on Venus to watch them attempt to survive; they would die rather swiftly. I meant that life may evolve completely separately from how life evolved on Earth. Or, as Darkwatch said, life may have already gone extinct.

As our sun cools down as it ages (we're talking billions of years in the future), perhaps Venus will end up with conditions similar to pre-life Earth. Who knows?

9. .Kairi. Kingdom Keeper

Venus does have some Earth like features, but I don't think there will be any life there for a long time.

Meh, it's lightning. I'm indifferent about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.