In danger of never coming back to KHV......

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Chevalier, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevalier Crystal Princess

guys....i have a very bad problem.

my parents.....my parents are..really suspicious....of the people i talk to on the forum and MSN.

and sometimes they start asking me...."who are you talking to?"

and i answer "friends" because i only speak to school friends and KHV.

and they are also suspicious of the forum, they dont know wo im talking to (the people of KHV)

and they are telling me ,that they dont want to me talking with people they dont know, and that if they find out im speaking to someone they dont know....they will restrict me from using the internet.

and, i dont know what to do....ive made friends here...really good friends.

and i dont know how to explain what a forum is to my parents, and how can they understand im not talking to bad people.

and i dont want to lie to them, but i dont know what to do.

guys....help me.

2. Sexy Sheva Banned

Sit down with your parents, and let them know that you're only socializing with others, and learning about others, as such as making PenPals... If they seems upset or anything, remember to tell them that you don't give out personal informations... such as Phone Number, addresses, full names, ETC

3. T3F Chaser

Thats what i'm doing as well! my parents are really suspiscious about the forum. But Cupcakes advice seems the best. i've had many a falling out with others on the internet before, and i was only 10! trust me, go with Cupcake.

4. Xaale Sylph of Hope

My dad's asked me about the forum loads of times, and he used to be suspicious. I explained to him about how you dont give away personal info to anyone, and how friendly of a site it is. I've shown it to him, including a few profiles to show that no personal information is shown. He's fine with it now, so I suggest that's what you should do.​

5. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Quoted for truth. Cupckae is right. I do the same thing with my parents believe it or not. You're not the only one in danger. :(

6. Chevalier Crystal Princess

ill try that and see how it goes.

thanks guys...im kinda insecure about this...because there is the chance that they may not let me come back.

7. Repliku Chaser

Maybe tell them that the forum is for kids and that the board is very monitored to keep it kid friendly as well as for adults. Perhaps try to convince them to respond to a thread here and we'd be glad to talk to them or have them PM a mod or admin here and we could help dissuade their fears. I can understand why they are protective because that's a parent's job to do that. Explaining about the forums could help you out and if you need more help, perhaps getting a mod or admin to talk to them on MSN with you or on here would make them feel that the environment is safe. I wouldn't mind talking to them and I'm sure another mod or Admin would not either. With all the dangers on the internet, they are just being safe so keep that in mind. Secrets aren't always the best way to deal with parents. They will always find out the truth sooner or later so it's better to just be out front.

8. Chevalier Crystal Princess

yeah....i will try talking to them about it.

and if that doesnt work....then ill try to let them know by talking to someone.

repliku youre always looking out for us...with your long logical enlightments you post.

thanks.

9. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Whoa, Repliku D: I never thought of that.

I'm going with Repliku, you should have one of your parents PM a mod and let the mod give a response back. ​

10. Repliku Chaser

No problem. Maybe you can even show them the rules sections of the forums too, so they know how things operate and what is tolerated and what is not. Good luck, Chervalier and I hope things will work out. It may take some strong convincing and time but they may come to see, so don't lose hope.

11. P Banned

An excuse/reason that I use is that I never give out personal information beyond my limits. If that doesn't please them, explain that it is a forum about a Disney video game with a giant key as the weapon. That usually works.

Overall, keep them away from the spamzone, and show them the more friendly posts.

Remember, like everything else in this section, we have all been there, just with a varying severity.

12. 00Roxas00 剛情のロクサス

Hey...
    Dont worry about it, eventually everything will be okay. I had the same problem, talked to them, and now its all behind us. We all believe you can do this, go for it!:D

13. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Oh yes... I remember when MySpace was apparently a problem for me... O.o' But I understand the situation, as my parents are STILL very protective of me, even in THIS age. D'8 *facepalm*

Anyway, I agree with the rest of the people here, that you should sit and explain everything to your parents. It won't be easy, but you've got to tell them everything in detail, explaining the things that happens here and the fact that everything here is anonymous, and if it helps, let them monitor you being on this site for a couple days, just until they are content. They can see for themselves that the site is really quite harmless. Also, since this IS a site dedicated to KH, a children's video game, give them a quick tour of all the things here, like the video archives and the User Portal and etc. Also show them the rules and what-not, and the fact that the site is monitored by moderators and administrators at all times. The rules are damn strict here, so you can explain that to them as well...and if push comes to shove, then let them have a little talk with one of the administrators to give them the peace they are searching for. Don't rush the conversation, and do keep your temper/emotions at bay when it comes to talking to them...trust me. You don't want to lose your temper when trying to acquire a privilege from parents.

I'd suggest you to plan everything out and have a backup plan just in case...then find a good time and place and just go for it. I wish you the best of luck hun. 8D I like you sweetie, you're a very good and dedicated member, so I'd not want you to suddenly leave the site. <33

14. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I understand what your going through my mother was very similar in this case in which she was suspicious for about 6 months.

Everyone's ideas so far have been good, i'd agree to all of it. THough what i'm aboutto say could be seen as something of a gamble.

I'm guessing some of the people you talk to have some pictures of themselves. To make your parents understand the forum or the people you talk to is targeted at more of a younger audience, some pictures of your friends or other people on the forum might make them understand more.
    Now i'm not really telling you should take my advice on this one because if your parents are suspicious they may think you have given pictures to 'strangers' on the internet, make them very concerned and ban you from it immediently. If you think your parents are not that suspicious or trust you more than try it if not, don't even mention pictures.

Good luck.

15. Near Gummi Ship Junkie

I was going to recommend something like that, as that would prove the site is for kids/teens. Be careful about it though, you don't need your parents even more suspicious.

I honestly have never had this problem, but what I would do is show them the site, but show them the areas like the Kingdom Hearts forum and the discussion area. Stay away from the Help With Life section unless you are absolutely sure your topic is on the second or third page, also I really wouldn't go towards the spamzone, as that's where the more mature threads are at.
    The PM a mod or admin idea was good, I'd offer that, but only if they would want to.

Above all when you are dong whatever you've chosen to do about this, choose the words you say carefully, because I know some of the smallest things you say can stop them from allowing you onto the site.

Good luck!

16. Skyru Destiny Islands Resident

I suppose all the best advice has been given. My parents don't mind my sister and I going on forums, and she is only 11 anyway. But that's because these forums are pretty much child friendly anyway.
    Plus, they go on forums as well, so they know how everything works.

17. khmage1918 King's Apprentice

I never had that problem with my mom.... My dad got mad ethat I told them my first name, but I told him it was an RP, and I used my forum nickname for the time I stayed with my dad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.