I want to yell

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by The Fifth Element, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Fifth Element Traverse Town Homebody

I'm almost always angry all the time but I don't know why I am. It seems that I get angry over the stupidest thing and when I can't stop being angry that just makes me even madder. I want to yell and scream but I have just been pushing it down. Lately it seems like its even worse, I almost ran away.(Like I was out of my neighborhood and almost down to the highway. Help. Please. I don't want to end up doing something bad but it seems like I'm not in control of my own body.

2. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

First of all, what exactly is on your mind that is making you feel like this?

3. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Ok, whenever you start feeling anger rising up inside, you should find a place where you can be alone. Just take deep breathes and go to your "happy place". Do something that calms you down. Read, listen to music, do whatever you have to. Maybe even scream into your pillow if you're in your bedroom. When you're calmed down, try and figure out what made you so angry and try to find a solution.

That's the best advice I can give.

4. Chevalier Crystal Princess

this can probably be attributed to teenagerhood.

you see, sometimes we go through this.

but the best advice I can give.

is to try and relax, or if something bothered you, even if slight, try and speak your mind.

im sure you will feel much better.

5. {feel.the.wrath} Hollow Bastion Committee

I know exactly how you feel. Exactly.

Lately, I've found that there's someone that I can talk to about anything, and someone I can trust, and she'll sit there and listen to me, and it'll make me feel a little better. It may sound stupid, but I'm serious, it helps sometimes.

6. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Well, my solution is to just relax and try hard to calm down.
    Try meditating, trust me, I don't watch to much T.V. it HELPS.
    Or, you can get a lot of rest and try and think positive.

7. Repliku Chaser

Teenage hormones sometimes suck. That is mostly what I would probably attribute this to. Being a teenager especially at times of growth spurts can lead to the hormones racing around and we become more emotional. Some suggestions I have for you are as follows and hopefully they help out.

- Try listening to some music that inspires you. You can even listen to some angry music and try singing with it if it helps you to get out and vent some of your frustrations.

- Try meditating. One exercise I was taught when I began meditating is easy enough to describe. First, sit down or even lay down if you want, in a comfortable position. When you breathe in, count to 6 and breathe through your nose. Imagine that what you breathe in is light clean air and it is filtered through your nose. It is 'light' that has positive influence. When you breathe out, count to 6 and think that it is negative air you are exhaling that has troubles and negativity to it, such as your anger or sadness. Imagine it as smokey air leaving your lungs. Continue the process and try to increase slowly up to 10 seconds or whatever you feel happiest with that doesn't make you yawn immediately.

- One thing you are doing to help yourself is talking here and bringing up the situation. You may also want to talk to a family member or trusted friend to get some suggestions and well, just have someone to talk to in order to vent out these frustrations that are building. Please feel free to talk with us here and hopefully we can help you out some.

- Try to think when you are angry at what exactly you are irritated by. If it's some small thing, try to put that into perspective. Try to not put too many expectations on people or things. I.e. if someone does something like taps their pencil, try to accept that it is a tick the person has and it's no big thing. You have your ticks too that you do at times. Everyone does. Come up with ways in your mind to accept some small insignificant annoyances that people can do so you don't fly off the handle. Also, write down perhaps what is ticking you off and bring it here and we can discuss over some methods on how to deal with these frustrations easier perhaps.

- Try to pick up a hobby or activity that soothes you and lets you try to focus on other emotions than anger.

I hope any of this helps you out. I remember too being angry at stuff and not knowing all the time why I was and some of these helped me out. Take care of yourself and you'll get a grip sooner or later because you actually see the problem and don't want to ignore it.

8. The Fifth Element Traverse Town Homebody

Thanks you guys. I appreciate the advice. I suppose I'll work on figuring out whats making me so angry. My dad thinks its how I grieve(my great aunt, my uncle, my friend, and my grandmother all died within 3 months of each other). Honestly I don't think it is though. I mean, who ever heard of that?

9. Mathias Jay beauty is in everything

Yeah, like Repliku said, teenage hormones suck.

Just listen to music, draw something, scream into your pillow, read a book, play video games, whatever.

Anything to calm you down.

10. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I'd recommend trying some type of martial art where you can express your anger into something good, if you can't get lessons, try a simple punching bag like a pillow or something to relieve yourself, if not that, try doing what you like doing and focus on that. Hope that's some help.

11. Repliku Chaser

Actually people do grieve in different ways. Some people get very angry that the people they miss are gone and how it happened. Some people tell jokes to try to get over the grieving and others cry, while others try to write or do something creative in memory of the people lost etc. The losses of these people close to you may be a part of your pain that with the wonderful hormones of teenage years makes it more even though it seems you have other things too that irritate you. It may be something to consider as well along with other things that may be going on. I hope you do manage this anger because it seems you want to and are also talking to your dad about it. Keep at it and you will figure this out.

12. T3F Chaser

You'd be surprised, it might actually contribute to your anger belive it or not. You can get angry over grief and loss and whatever. Its pretty common. Thats what i dida while ago.

13. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Repliku has pretty much listed most of the things you should do.

I find exercising or finding a physical activity where you can use your anger is quite effective.

14. robert the yogurt Traverse Town Homebody

I hear ya. I get randomly depressed all over the place. I find blinking alot helps and if that doesn't work. Don't call me crazy but you should headbutt something it eases your emotions takes your breath away and calms you down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.