I can't believe i'm doing this...

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Destined, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destined Working for WDW

...I need dating advice.

It's been close to a year and a half since yours truely has had time, let alone been interested in anyone to date and now in about...an hour and a half, i'm heading on a date.

I suppose my questions are thus:

Is dinner and a movie too much for a first date these days?
    Do I call her or does she call me after the date and a follow up, phone or text?

And the most important....<<. .>>
    How do I seal the deal on the doorstep.... (if anyone decides to use this against me, i'll move hell to hunt you down.)

...help.

2. jafar custom title

I don't think dinner is too much for a first date. It let's you get to know the person better and see if you have any sort of connection or chemistry. For the latter two questions, let everything play out and see how it goes with dinner, and make your decisions based on that. Hope this helps.

3. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

This is a REALLY bad time to ask about daten advice. But heck, better late then never.

Hmmmm, that is hard to say. All just depends on the girl really. Maybe it should be "Go check out a movie, and then later on go grab a bite", instead of putting it out as "Dinner and a movie". Do you know what I'm getten at?

As for who follows up.......well, if she doesn't txt or call you within 12 hours, then you should try and give her a call, and see what's up........though then again, maybe you should see how the date goes before you consider how to follow up. How the date goes can influence how you should follow up by a lot.....

And also, if I knew you better, then I most likely would use this against you, but I'm to good of a person to do that ^_^ . But here is the deal. If this is your first date, then don't go in for the kiss yet dude, becuz it is to early to do it, and if things go wrong, then say goodbye to what could have been a future relationship with the chick of your dreams. Save the kiss for the second or third date.

4. Destined Working for WDW

12 hours...that seems a bit soon to me....I'm only asking because i'm not very good at the whole 'dating' field.

5. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Like I said, wait to see how the date goes. 12 hours is to short of time though, but you don't want to wait too long though. So like I said, wait till the date is over. Then come back to this thread, and fill us in on the details. after that I can tell you what your next move should probably be

6. Repliku Chaser

Dinner and a movie is alright to do as a first date. I'd say not to make it something too extravagant but it could work out as a lot of people kind of get hungry before movies and it lets you have some time to talk things out and get to know each other. As for the kiss after on the doorstep thing, I'd say gauge her reactions to you in order to know if that's a very poor idea or not. Normally, on a first date I've just given girls hugs good night because then I don't come off as too forward. If she's flirty though, it may be okay to kiss her but just don't go through the date hoping for that first kiss. Sometimes it's better to wait.

As for communication with her after, if she seemed to have a good time, tell her she's welcome to call you/txt you or you'll call/txt her the day after or in a couple days just to chat and get to know each other more and that you really enjoyed the date with her. If do that after the date, it will show that you are still interested in possibly continuing to date her and if she seems happy and all, then it's no worries to go ahead and give her a call the next day or day after.

Good luck!

7. Destined Working for WDW

Eright gang, i'll keep that in mind.

Peace

8. Chevalier Crystal Princess

yay.

good luck...ive already given you all the advice i could.

so, i hope it all goes well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.