Chain of Memories I can't beat frickin' Vexen!!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Panda Face, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

Help! I have no clue how to beat him! no matter how hard i try! nothin' works!!

(i'm talking about the chain of memories recom: for ps2, by the way.)

2. saix551 Kingdom Keeper

all i did was hit him 2 times, and dodge roll away, and repeat, worked fine.

3. Azure Flame Banned

I can't remember exactly what I did, since it was so long ago, but try using Firaga if you have it and some strong keyblade attacks. Also, stay away from Blizzard, Blizzara, and Blizzaga. Don't bother with Stop, Stopra, and Stopga, since those never work on bosses. Also, I tend to like using Cloud alot too. Either Cross slash or preferably Omnislash if you have it.

4. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

it wasnt that SIMPLE for me. He cheats, darn it!! D< and everytime i think i did something right, he kills me!

5. Azure Flame Banned

Which time is it? First or Second?

6. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

Second, i think. D: Vexen is such a cheater.

7. Azure Flame Banned

If it's at Twilight Town, then it's the second. What you need to look out for here are his ice spikes and his freeze attack. You can easily avoid the ice spikes by dodge rolling away constantly. Freeze is a bit trickier, since you need to time the dodge roll. I've only been able to dodge it once or twice. All you really need to do is try and get behind him and attack. And whenever you have the chance, use Firaga. You should have enough high number Fire cards for at least one Firaga, if not more. I'd bring some 0's too, if you don't think you can dodge Freeze, just have it ready when you see it'll be Freeze and use it as soon as his cards come down. Also, if you have at least three high number Cloud cards, use Omnislash as well. It takes off a good chunk of HP when you get all the hits in. Just remember to hit triangle each time you land a hit. If you don't have enough CP for all these plus a few Keyblade cards, level up before the battle and raise your CP until you can. Hope I helped.

8. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

Wahhhhh!!! That's kinda like giving a book to someone who cant read. They have the tools, but not the power. D; I don't have high level fire cards.

9. Azure Flame Banned

Oh. Well, try getting Moogle Points and buying magic cards. You'll come across some eventually.

10. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

i HOPE damned game is so flippin hard~~~~ D<

11. Azure Flame Banned

I know it is. And it'll just get harder. But hey, it's gets better for Riku's story, since you don't have to make your own decks. But it's also kinda hard too. Especially Zexion, since he can take your cards.

12. Senbonzakura Kageoshi Kingdom Keeper

when he say " and now i shall freeze you" as so as he move his hand in a pushing motion dodge roll you avoid the ice berg. as the ice pillars run and dont slow down at all.

13. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

its not as simple as that. please!! more people need to help me beat frickin' Vexen.

14. Always Dance Chaser

There's a couple of ways to go about this. fill your deck with keyblades or fire cards with values of at least 8. his sheild is pesky but if you card break him you can get past it. once you land a combo, dodge roll away. his attack crds can be easily dodgedwith dodge roll if they are too hard for you to break. his magic card is tricky though, so if you cant break it then stock some cards until you can. ice needles is easily dodged with dodge roll. for freeze, all you have to do is pay attention to his arm, when it starts to push forward, dodge roll. it gets easy after a bit. if you cant get the hold of dodging it, just put some 0's in your deck. slide break im pretty sure is impossible to dodge, so make sure you have 0's.

Also, spamming sonic blade will work well against him. good luck ^^

15. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

Thanks! :D but... what's spamming sonic blade??

16. Always Dance Chaser

Sonic blade is a sleight, i think you get it by stocking three 8's, but you can just check but going to the menu>status>sleights. make sure you know it though. what i meant is, fill you deck with cards that add up to sonic blade, and then keep using it.

17. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

i still don't understand it much, tho. i also run out of cards when ever i fight Vexen. Dude keeps brakeing them!

18. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

Here is an suggestion. Use lots of fire cards and stack up on health. Dodge repeatedly and run around some and try stacking up higher numbers when you fight him. He is a cheater and I know how you feel. He is the HARDEST one I had to deal with in Sora's story. Keep an eye on your cards, and make sleights if you have to, by stacking 3 cards and using them when you can. If you have a higher number than him he can't break your cards (as in higher total as well when you use sleights) unless he has an enemy card that devalues it.. Also use bambi he jumps on your opponent and you gain health orbs. Do not hit him when he he stops because he will use his ice shield for protection. Always attack him from behind or at a distance when he tries to use his cards. Don't use 0's becase they did not work for me a all.

19. Kross Destiny Islands Resident

0s at bottom of deck. When attacks with a sleight you don't think you can dodge, use a 0. otherwise, keep your distance and attack with a combo of your own only if and when you break an attack card or sleight that he uses.

Some practice more or less, but this is the strategy i used with most every boss in Re: CoM. It's just that simple sometimes. I never both using sleights outside Reverse/Rebirth or extra random play throughs where I'm bored.

20. Misty gimme kiss

I find it helpful to arrange my deck according to the boss -- not as in content, which is of course important -- but in terms of order. Have a 0 as the first card in your deck, but don't use it until you need it, and you'll only need it to break his sleights. Strategically place 0s throughout your deck. They're life savers. Get all magic cards out of your deck except for Cure, Cloud, and, although optional, Fire. Put some sort of Potion at the end of your deck -- you'll only be able to use it once, but it helps.

You shouldn't try getting a full-on combo off of him. The area you fight in is fairly large if I remember correctly, which will work to your advantage. Hit him once or twice, dodge roll out, wait for him to attack (don't waste your time breaking his cards, just dodge roll away), and then go back in. Don't run normally. Dodge roll, dodge roll, dodge roll. If there's ever a break in his attacks, don't go in. Just reload your card counter most of the way so that when you do run out you won't have to go through it 3 times.

If you have friend cards in this point of the game, don't use them until you have three of them. You can go for a Sora/Donald/Goofy combo attack, if you have the sleight, or you can just sleight Donald and Goofy together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.